The online racing simulator
McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
Rip
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Wow, that is so weird...

...I wonder how high they were flying, because I know that as long as you are higher than 1000 feet up, the whole thing can fail and a trained pilot can glide the helicopter to a perfect landing with a series of dives.

...but seriously what the hell. I'm not flying in a helicopter anytime soon.

They were fairly low from what I've heard, which isn't good for trying to auto-gyro. It's only possible to auto-gyro (like David Richards did from 1500') if the rotor (including collective), tail rotor and transmission link between the two are intact, in reality that means an engine failure is no problem but any transmission failure or clipping objects cannot be saved.
RIP
colin mcrae You was a born LEGEND
Quote from cool_big_andy :here is my Colin McRae tribute video, i hope you like it
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UlSKjR_Lkw0

Fitting tribute Andy, thanks.

A few days on and I still can't beleive it, found myself watching lots of footage of him on the web, it's truley amazing what you can take for granted and appreciate 100 times more once someone is gone.
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Awful news, didnt even make front page on monday, rather pissed off about that seeing as Diana is on the front page of every paper for the past 10 years. Motorsport and Rallying has lost another great.

Quote from Rdcranno :Awful news, didnt even make front page on monday, rather pissed off about that seeing as Diana is on the front page of every paper for the past 10 years. Motorsport and Rallying has lost another great.

yeah page 23 in the sun yet when some p*** head footballer drinks himself to death it gets weeks of coverage was same with richard burns he was mentioned for couple of days . colin will always be the best in my eyes im sure little johnny would have followed in his steps too so sad
I gotta say...I wasnt really into rally but i'll sure remember how he took the corners and his finish in the X games 2006...I've never had the chills like that! He was the best driver i've ever seen...Rest in peace we gonna miss u...
Im not really shocked the media in this country is a ****ing disgrace, but also as bad are the f**king morons that purchase the shit.
Quote from ebola :the f**king morons that purchase the shit

You've just explained why you shouldn't care

Don't worry if the Football! Celebrities! Football! Celebrities! papers don't give him much space. In fact it's nice that he wasn't a 'celebrity' as a lot of people are - he was still a huge star with great talent and has a hell of a lot of fans around the world.
#186 - Don
he did die in that crash i saw it on speed channel.

.rip.
Nice tribute. I liked the music - very fitting for a tribute.
If you'd like to show your respect to Colin, you can join the Colin McRae Memorial Rally
No, it wouldn't be at all respectful for a bunch of wannabes to try and slide around a bit like him. I'd much rather get some Scotch, a couple of Colin McRae DVDs (and the 1995 WRC DVD), and sit in a front room with some petrolhead mates and be totally awe-inspired by him.

And once we'd finished the Scotch, we could open another bottle and watch Richard Burns DVDs too

Sorry, but I don't think the Memorial Rally is worth a jot.
-
(Leprekaun) DELETED by Leprekaun
Quote from Leprekaun :If you'd like to show your respect to Colin, you can join the Colin McRae Memorial Rally

Quote :No, it wouldn't be at all respectful for a bunch of wannabes to try and slide around a bit like him. I'd much rather get some Scotch, a couple of Colin McRae DVDs (and the 1995 WRC DVD), and sit in a front room with some petrolhead mates and be totally awe-inspired by him.

+1 Tristan
Quote from tristancliffe :

Sorry, but I don't think the Memorial Rally is worth a jot.

Looks like you are not the only one
we did the rally for respect not to be a wannabie .
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch have now made public their report into the crash. BBC News story here. The family of Ben Porcelli (one of the children killed in the crash) are blaming McRae for dangerous flying...reading through the story in the Herald this morning it's hard to disagree.
I love the way just because his license had expired meant that somehow his skill in an aircraft had expired too. Why do they think he was dicking around? I won't believe that it was McRae's fault, he has his son on-board aswell as another boy he wouldn't jeopardize their lives for his own amusement. Only another pilot could say if it was McRae's fault or not, not the victims parents. Of course they wan't somebody to blame...
Quote from BlueFlame :I love the way just because his license had expired meant that somehow his skill in an aircraft had expired too. Why do they think he was dicking around? I won't believe that it was McRae's fault, he has his son on-board aswell as another boy he wouldn't jeopardize their lives for his own amusement. Only another pilot could say if it was McRae's fault or not, not the victims parents. Of course they wan't somebody to blame...

there is a video of him dicking around, apparently.
Quote from DeKo :there is a video of him dicking around, apparently.

Apparently.

McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG