The online racing simulator
McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
McRae helicopter crash
From Autosport.com, top story:

Colin McRae's helicopter has been involved in a fatal crash, autosport.com has learned.

At least one man is believed to have been killed, when the helicopter crashed shortly after 4:00 pm local time near McRae's house in Jerviswood, Lanarkshire, in Scotland.

Initial reports from the area state the helicopter burst into flames, with local police, rescue teams and the fire brigade arriving at the scene immediately after.

A spokeswoman for the Strathclyde police has confirmed to autosport.com they are currently investigating the crash, but would not say how many people have been on board or confirm the helicopter belongs to McRae.

She said the damage to the helicopter has been too significant to ascertain what exactly had happened or even the number of fatalities, and said the investigation is likely to take a while before any official details are released.

1995 World Rally Champion McRae is the son of five-time British Rally Champion Jim McRae.

Source:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62436

RIP Colin

DK
WTF!!!!

RIP McRae
It seems I and autosport may have jumped the gun, they aren't saying IF the helicopter belongs to McRae. I'm shocked though.

DK
poor colin
#5 - Jakg
It's his helicopter, but they're saying it was fatal for the helipcopter.

Must of been a bloody big crash if they can't work out how many fatalities there are though.
#6 - sam93
Is it official the mcrae died or am i not reading it right?

Sam.
its not official
#8 - sam93
I hope he isn't dead, It's weird though that there has been alot of helicopter crashes lately.
Quote from Jakg :It's his helicopter, but they're saying it was fatal for the helipcopter.

Must of been a bloody big crash if they can't work out how many fatalities there are though.

Chances are he may have been in the helicopter Jakg, if it's registered to him, he'd likely use it like a car

It may not have been a big crash Jakg, they said that the helicopter caught fire, remember that'd make it hard to work out what went on
so is a mystery if he's dead or not
Must be, I just checked him out on itv, bbc, there is nothing on there about it, also on wiki, somebody normally updates it quickly saying he date of death and there is nothing on that about it either, not even on his site there is nothing about it.
well odds are. if they dont know if he was on board or not... then he was on board (being that if he was not on board. they would be able to contact him....) so its possible.. but lets hope not. Will wait for official reports.
I hope he was'nt in the crash.....
I was just thinking the same thing, I would of thought also that they would of tried to contact him, if not by phone or go to his house.
Good God, Colin McRae is about my favourite driver of all time, I really hope he wasn't in that helicopter!
I really want to make a joke about battlefield 2 and helicopters but i loved McRae as a driver He was there when I was at knockhill two weeks ago....
#18 - Jakg
Quote from DieKolkrabe :It may not have been a big crash Jakg, they said that the helicopter caught fire, remember that'd make it hard to work out what went on

If they couldn't even work out the NUMBER of fatalities then obviously either they aren't in one piece or they expect to "find" some more
car crashes hes walked away from shame if he was in board
My jaw just dropped. I reeeally hope he isnt dead.
i really hope Colin wasn't on board, but highly unlikely since it's his helicopter.

Will continue to think positive thoughts
Quote from sam93 :Hope when they contact the family they say that colin wasn't on board.

Sam.

Same here but you would have thought if he wasnt on board then he would have come public by now - also *maybe* more than one person involved - i just hope to god his wife and/or kids weren't involved either.
That article doesn't really imply at all that McRae was onboard.
Sky new report that they have made contact with Macrae's family then went to break

McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG