The online racing simulator
McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
Quote from mcgas001 :That video brought a tear to my eye, this is a sad day R.I.P Colin and my thought's will be with his family

I was in pain, the music was Dreadful...
[`]
Oh my lord, that must be terrible
#156 - JEP
I dont belive it!
R.I.P
:eek:
Still Can't believe it, heard it last night and was at work today when it was confirmed...

R.I.P. Mr. McRae
Quote from h3adbang3r :Seems like someone may have shot them down?

That would only be done in America....
O.M.G. just read it in one signatures, then searched directly in Wikipedia

Colin was one of (only) three rallieists I really found sympathic (don't know why)...
hmmm... like bad fortunetelling: my Colin McRea Rally 2005 got lost

R.I.P. you Colin and your son.
That business with Dave Richards is spooky.
This is very strange ......R.I.P Colin and Johnny
Wow, that is so weird...

...I wonder how high they were flying, because I know that as long as you are higher than 1000 feet up, the whole thing can fail and a trained pilot can glide the helicopter to a perfect landing with a series of dives.

...but seriously what the hell. I'm not flying in a helicopter anytime soon.
One of the true greats, and one of the nicest world champions you'll ever find. the world has lost one of it's good guys.

R.I.P. Colin Mcrae (Bloody legend!)
Attached images
DSC_2958s.jpg
I'm still in shock, its not sunken in yet that Colin McRae is no longer with us. He was probably one of the first sportsmen I supported and admired, the fact that he might actually die one day never even crossed my mind, to me he was indestructable. My reaction upon hearing the news wasn't sadness, it was a sense of something being missing, out of place, as if the world had just skipped a day. I can't imagine how his family is feeling right now.

5 Right into Heaven, don't cut
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm still in shock, its not sunken in yet that Colin McRae is no longer with us. He was probably one of the first sportsmen I supported and admired, the fact that he might actually die one day never even crossed my mind, to me he was indestructable. My reaction upon hearing the news wasn't sadness, it was a sense of something being missing, out of place, as if the world had just skipped a day. I can't imagine how his family is feeling right now.

Yeah, that's exactly how i'm feeling too. It just feels wrong somehow, kinda like it was'nt his time to go. It's strange, but it's a similar feeling i had with Senna's death, almost like we've been robbed of a something/someone very special and dear to our hearts. My thoughts go to his family and friends.

It is getting spooky, remember we've just had an anniversary of 9/11 and:
Steve Fossett goes missing whilst flying his plane in the US
That guy in the Hurricane crashes at an airshow in Shoreham
Two guys crash their planes at an airshow in the US
Two other guys die in that threeway smash at the airshow in Europe (forget which country ?)..... [Edit] Poland
Colin, his son and their best pals die in a helicopter crash in Scotland.
David Richards and wife narrowly escape death in another helicopter crash in England.
And now this plane crash in Phuket.

Is all of this a tad odd ? or simply mere coincidence ?
Just read a great quote:

Quote :“We went from a hundred to nothing in about 25 metres,” McRae said. “I knew it was going to be a big one. We landed heavily and the steering wheel was wrenched out of my hands. I hurt for days afterwards. When I saw the car, I thought we should not have walked away. Both front wheels were ripped off. It was huge — even by my standards.”

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm still in shock, its not sunken in yet that Colin McRae is no longer with us. He was probably one of the first sportsmen I supported and admired, the fact that he might actually die one day never even crossed my mind, to me he was indestructable. My reaction upon hearing the news wasn't sadness, it was a sense of something being missing, out of place, as if the world had just skipped a day. I can't imagine how his family is feeling right now.

Exactly my feelings..

There's this Queen song that comes to mind : No-one but you.

"One by one
Only the Good die young
They're only flying too close to the sun
And life goes on
Without you..."
Best wishes to the mcrae family and friends.
Why was he in a helicopter in the first place?

R.I.P colin, he was the first rally driver i watched when i was little..
This is really tragic news. I was still hoping that it wasn't true
I first got to know Colin through the playstation games. He was the one that got me into WRC.

This is really sad news, my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

He was a great person...
Quote from Madman_CZ :This is really tragic news. I was still hoping that it wasn't true
I first got to know Colin through the playstation games. He was the one that got me into WRC.

Same

RIP Colin McRae, may you and Richard Burns tear up dirt in heaven in peace
Colin was the racer that got me interested in motorsports, he had not only the skill, he had pure nature given talent to go beyond the limit, not just find the limit of the car and drive at it...

This is very very sad...another hero becomes a legend too soon.
This is a bad year...
R.I.P.

McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG