The online racing simulator
McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :Apparently.

Indeed, but why would a grieving family lie about such a thing about a person who was loved by the nation?
Quote from DeKo :Indeed, but why would a grieving family lie about such a thing about a person who was loved by the nation?

Quite easily, if neither of them are able Helicopter pilots.
Always has to be someone to blame, never simply just an accident.
Quote from BlueFlame :Quite easily, if neither of them are able Helicopter pilots.

what has that got to do with anything?
Quote from DeKo :Indeed, but why would a grieving family lie about such a thing about a person who was loved by the nation?

huh? if your son was killed in an crash, and the guy driving the car/plane was loved by all of the world, you wouldnt blame him?
Quote from DeKo :what has that got to do with anything?

They can't say he was able to avoid the accident if they aren't able helicopter pilots.
More like 'there is a video of him apparently dicking around.'

'A birdstrike, the dropping of a camcorder in the helicopter and possible interference with the controls by the front-seat passenger, Mr Duncan, could not be ruled out as contributory factors' (and servo transparency phenomenon) There's a good chance the main factor was Colin taking unecessary risks, but I hope not. Even if he was flying dangerously, you can't really pin the blame on him if there was a birdstrike.

R.I.P Colin.
Oh, I cannot miss an opportunity to use the word allegedly, here! He allegedly flew like a moron. Allegedly.
He's dead and burried. Just leave it be. It's like all those 9/11 conspiracy theorists who just drag things up that people have moved on from, it just brings more grief.
The AAIB concluded that McRae was trying to perform a low altitude, high speed banked turn in a wooded area. This was a "dangerous" manoeuvre. He was being videotaped at the time. If that isn't playing to the camera I don't know what is.

I cried when McRae died, I went to the service of celebration and I went to the McRae Forest Stages Rally. I followed Colin's career. So, I'm not just some idiot who's flamebaiting trying to get a rise out of people.
His death is the only thing I've cried about in, like 5 years. I felt immensely sad when Colin died, but it was only a few months later, hearing his name again that had me sobbing uncontrollably for half an hour. The feeling of sadness passed after 5 minutes, but I just couldn't stop the tears...I could smile, I could actually feel normal, but they kept streaming out. It was the most I have ever cried, something just happened inside my brain, pieces just fit together and litres of salty water flew out my eyes.

Grief is a wierd thing.
Quote from DevilDare :huh? if your son was killed in an crash, and the guy driving the car/plane was loved by all of the world, you wouldnt blame him?

of course, but i wouldnt lie about it.
I know this is major bumpage but just passed the 2 year anniversary of his death. Browsing through youtube I found this and this is the most fitting topic for it (even with the bumpage) I think Nicky Grists comments at 7:37 says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfjob98A0OY
2 years??

Doesn't seem that long at all

RIP.
Quote from J@tko :2 years??

Doesn't seem that long at all

RIP.

True
Even 4 years of another Master death seems so long.
Rest in peace Colin & Michael
What a hero, shame he's gone
R.I.P. Colin
Absolute legend, still can't really believe he's gone.
RIP Colin
Still shocks me to this day to think that Colin and Richard (Burns) are both gone.

R.I.P
wow, i never knew it was two years now, i remember what i was doing at the time when i got the news, I was in a hotel

R.I.P
Rip
I woke up one day in a good mood, walked into a room with a radio on and left said room feeling distraught, and unbelieving. R.I.P Colin. I've never cried more, I don't know why but your death really hit something in me.

It doesn't seem 2 years at all.
Well, the guy is indeed a pure legend. Shame he is gone.

R.I.P Colin. We will all remember you.
I'm not a very emotional person but when watching McRae tributes it makes me sad to know he is gone!! He was the only reason I watched rallying 10-14 years ago, his determination and commitment to win and even fix the car during the stages if he damaged it was unmatched.

I still remember how gutted I was for him when he drove that Skoda and the mechanics messed up the clutch change in the service.

McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG