The online racing simulator
McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
Such a sad time . Colin was different from other rally drivers.

Rest In Peace Champ
Well, Wiki has been re-edited.

It had "Colin Steele McRae, MBE (5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007 in Lanark)"

Now it has gone back to "Colin Steele McRae, MBE (born 5 August1968 in Lanark)"

But it still says...

his agent Jean-Eric Freudiger says he and his 5 year old son Johnny were killed in the crash.

and the link is the Time one that says he has been feared dead.

His Wiki page has been locked from editing also.

Again, it is still not confirmed, but is looking very dismal for the legend.

Edit: This link gives a different story.
If one site can't confirm news, it's Wikipedia. Well, unless they have links to reliable references to back it up, anyway.
This is extremely sad. I still remember very well when Richard Burns died, and now this.
Like I have said, in my head, its not official untill I see it on BBC or Sky News.
im very shocked and saddend, i hope its not true but also sad for the folk in the crash even if it wasnt colin.

bbc say feared so still not confrimed, i think!
Rest In Peace, it's horrible. We lost a legend
its a sad day indeed RIP colin and all my love and wishes go to his family.
we lost steve hislop the same way
:grumpy:
Quote from The General Lee :Like I have said, in my head, its not official untill I see it on BBC or Sky News.

Official or not. Colin is dead and the reason its not official is cuz the extent of the fire damage is making identification a problem.

Sorry fot putting it that cold.
BBC news still says "it was feared that Collin died in the crash"

"feared" so fingers crossed!
Quote from Rish :BBC news still says "it was feared that Collin died in the crash"

"feared" so fingers crossed!

Its nice to keep the hope alive Rish, but I think its pretty safe to say he was in the helicopter.

Surely someone would have contacted him between now and the crash? His phone would be ringing off the hook.
Quote from mcintyrej :Its nice to keep the hope alive Rish, but I think its pretty safe to say he was in the helicopter.

Surely someone would have contacted him between now and the crash? His phone would be ringing off the hook.

Your right, but i wish you weren't!
I'm feeling like shit if no one nows what happened...
All time favourite is gone
This is horrible
He was a true legend in the rally sport, this is not the way he should doe on

R.I.P Colin McRae
Well afraid to say it, but it looks like another one of the greats has passed on and with his son.. I mean, its almost like a rallydriver passes on each year, in my country there was one fatality too last year I think, but that was during racing.
Colin will be remembered, as will his son.. So wish him all the best up there..
Oh my god RIP Colin and his son, you will never be forgotten

My favourite rally driver
sad sad day.... RIP Colin and his family.

His wife ran a bread shop in my town until recently. Genuinely nice people......
A turely sad lost to a hero in so many eyes around the world, rip colin and his son and the 2 passeneger who lost there lives so young, all best of wish to there familys.
totaly gutted he must of been anboard he would of come forward by now sad loss r.i.p al involved
News
There is going to be a formal indentification later today.
RIP Colin!

Quote from sam93 :News
There is going to be a formal indentification later today.

Just quoting my own post lol, Don't you think that pic is abit wrong he is feared dead and the pic is colin waving goodbye with his heli behind him, well supose they may have choosen the right picture, I dont want to hear when they say he was on board later today.

RIP - Colin and who ever else was on board.
Oh, what a horrible accident. Wasn't a huge fan of him, but he brought color to the sport and truly gave 100% all times. You sometimes only start to miss people when they are gone. I'm very saddened by this. RIP Colin, his son and the ones involved and strength to the families.

McRae helicopter crash
(228 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG