The online racing simulator
yeah but gimp doesn't have basic tools for making lines and shapes, at least none that i've found
Quote from flymike91 :yeah but gimp doesn't have basic tools for making lines and shapes, at least none that i've found

if you read the manual.....

or atleast try the gimpshop mod... http://www.gimpshop.com/
well I got a little better with Gimp and redid the Atari skin, check it out. Also I think I should get Paint shop pro. What version is good that I could get for free? Does it have Paint-like tools (lines, curved line tool, shapes...)? I have a crapload of skin ideas and I want them to be worthy of the cars they're modeled after.
Quote from flymike91 :well I got a little better with Gimp and redid the Atari skin, check it out. Also I think I should get Paint shop pro. What version is good that I could get for free? Does it have Paint-like tools (lines, curved line tool, shapes...)? I have a crapload of skin ideas and I want them to be worthy of the cars they're modeled after.

You cant get paint shop pro for free(and it is crap,but again,I've been using Photoshop.....),but you can get Paint.net (paint.net doesn't support psd's,afaik)or already mentioned Gimpshop,a modification of GIMP's interface to look exactly like Photoshop. Or you could stick with gimp,it is the best youu can get for free....and it is even better than some commercial software....

http://www.getpaint.net/ www.gimpshop.com
2007 Le Mans Aston Martin
So this is what I did today, Its the winner of the 2007 24 hours of Le Mans Aston Martin DBR9. I decided to use the FZ5 instead of the FZR because I don't drive the FZR.

Original Car

I think I'll ask Funnycat to do some road grime and traded paint soon and update this post.
Props to Teaz-r for the vents and Daloonie for the template as well as Robbymac on master skinnerz for the hood clips, fuel filler door, etc.
Attached images
aston sample.jpg
FZ5_Aston009.jpg
#856 - JEP
WOW!
Guys cool skins thank you!
Super GT Forum Engineering/Mobil 1 Toyota Team Le Mans 2006. Part of a Pack-no release yet.

Volume 1 comes out soon though,if anyone is interested
Attached images
606lemans.png
Here's something simple for everyone, a Ferrari skin for yor FZ50. Its based on a Ferrari 550 without the scoop on the hood. I might do a more detailed Ferarri skin in the future, this was just from cruisin' with.

Anyone can use it if they want to, just let me know if you like it!
Attached images
FZ5_FERRARI_GT.jpg
More replicas. Here are another ones, for the FZR. Hyper Sport Doran Grand american Rolex series race car 2005 (phew!), blue and green versions. Free to use/edit, just don't remove the "created by" - text.

Below are the preview image and the 1024x1024 skin for LFSworld. The 2048 version can be found here.

To download the skin, click the smaller picture, right click the picture that opens up and select "save as...". Save to your LFS/data/skins folder.
Attached images
prev.jpg
FZR_hyperfree8.jpg
FZR_hyperfree9.jpg
you are the king
Quote from Thunderhead :Super GT Forum Engineering/Mobil 1 Toyota Team Le Mans 2006. Part of a Pack-no release yet.

Volume 1 comes out soon though,if anyone is interested

Very nice can't wait for the rest

Quote from SKaREO :Here's something simple for everyone, a Ferrari skin for yor FZ50. Its based on a Ferrari 550 without the scoop on the hood. I might do a more detailed Ferarri skin in the future, this was just from cruisin' with.

Anyone can use it if they want to, just let me know if you like it!

Pretty good.. but to me just an red layer over an default FZ with 4 Ferrari logo's

Quote from Hyperactive :More replicas. Here are another ones, for the FZR. Hyper Sport Doran Grand american Rolex series race car 2005 (phew!), blue and green versions. Free to use/edit, just don't remove the "created by" - text.

Below are the preview image, the 1024x1024 skins for LFSworld and the 2048 versions for a (possible) renders.

To download the skin, click the smaller picture, right click the picture that opens up and select "save as...". Save to your LFS/data/skins folder.

Awesome! Very nice detail, i love the race damage/dirt!

Quote from teaz-R :Very nice Hyperactive

Here's one from me..
I never stop..

Porsche replica

[big pic]
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... 6/teazR/FZR_strandell.jpg

As always, very impressive work!
@teaz-R

brilliant as usual
Quote from LFSn00b :
FZ5_YOSHIOKA
Public skin, feel free to use, but do not modify please.
NikoDesign.com

Of course you did not accidentally rip it off of Racer D1GP Toshiki Yoshioka... You could've at least tried to get the decals positioned properly but geez.

e: Oh yeah btw, the Racer template is in 2048 originally.
Attached images
yoshioka_body_template.jpg
lol OUCH!!!!! That dori dori is denied denied
Ouch Niko...ouch.
DAMN niko thats one serious.....ouch.FSR makes some goooood stuff
Quote :feel free to convert the cars into any game you want, as well as use the textures for whatever purpose you feel like. Just make sure all orginal creators are credited!

Take care!

// FSR

http://www.fsr.no/d1rdgp/index.php
How nice way to credit the creators by writing 'made by me' on it.
FZ50 UPS
not my best work but I think its ready for release.
please no editing without my permission
its on LFSWorld!

if you wish to use the 2048 version, rename it to FZ5_UPS
Attached images
LFS 2007-08-26 16-28-14-84.jpg
LFS 2007-08-26 16-28-38-46.jpg
FZ5_UPS.jpg
FZ5_UPSlarge.jpg
Ouch Niko that might hurt!!!
Super GT 2006 Kondo Racing WoodOne Advan Z:

2 more until Vol.1
Attached images