The online racing simulator
Quote from StableX :When on race authority site and trying to connect thru the server section, it comes up with an error on server one. When trying to join thru there it asks for a password yet the server is public. Any thoughts?

Same here .
Clicking on an LFS join link uses the software LFSJoin, LFSJoin always asks for a password (so admins can use it too). If you leave it blank then you can connect to servers without a password.
Quote from Becky Rose :Clicking on an LFS join link uses the software LFSJoin, LFSJoin always asks for a password (so admins can use it too). If you leave it blank then you can connect to servers without a password.

thanks Becky, but thats what I usually do. For the CTRA server one though its asking me for a password if I go through that means to connect. Thought I would highlight the issue for you.. No password added at all and checked to make sure a space isnt there too
I've just tried it too, I think it might be something to do with JoinLFS tbh. I suspect it doesnt work well with S1 servers - but I dont know, I didnt write it.
Quote from Becky Rose :Clicking on an LFS join link uses the software LFSJoin, LFSJoin always asks for a password (so admins can use it too). If you leave it blank then you can connect to servers without a password.

Well, yes, of course, but in this case LFsjoin says, after I left password blank:

"Password required! Type in the correct password and click 'Join' again"

Afaik this has never happened to me on any other server which didn't require a password. Might still be an LFSjoin issue, though, but I wouldn't know.

Edit: I'm too slow for Becky .
#31 - Jakg
Doesn't do this here, Linsen...
Heh, the first server filled up in less than a half hour. I think finding a spot is going to be difficult tonight, even when all 3 servers are running.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've just tried it too, I think it might be something to do with JoinLFS tbh. I suspect it doesnt work well with S1 servers - but I dont know, I didnt write it.

no worries Becky - just thought you'd want to know
Quote from Jakg :Doesn't do this here, Linsen...

Strange... Well, server is full all the time anyway, so it doesn't affect me right now -- but there was this split second when there was an empty spot...
Wow great news

A couple of things to ask though:

1) Any details on the restrictions placed on GTRs and the FJ? Are they designed to make the cars competitive with the FOX and small GTRs?

2) The sporting rules seem rather small, I understand this is a good thing so people can read and understand it but surely a line on a few things would clear a lot up:

What's the stance on blue flags, hopefully a RL common sense type approach?

What's the stance on yellow flags? It would be really nice if they could finally be respected in LFS.

Probably most importantly a line should be added about blocking rules and weaving, I'm sure when they were written the assumption was that racers would already know them.

Love the site design by the way
Sounds very nice, I'll be checking it out soon.

One thing I can't find is where to set/retrieve your MYCTRA password. I can't recall setting mine before, and now I'm unable to login.
Quote from Linsen :Strange... Well, server is full all the time anyway, so it doesn't affect me right now -- but there was this split second when there was an empty spot...

With the new queueing system that Scawen implemented in patch X you just connect to a full server and it automatically puts you in a queue to join it so you don't have to keep trying
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
One thing I can't find is where to set/retrieve your MYCTRA password. I can't recall setting mine before, and now I'm unable to login.

On the site it says you set it when you're on the server.
Ah, thanks.
#41 - troy
had some great racing in the last hours, thank you for making all this possible
i hope the high driver standards stay like that, was really a pleasure
you can go in T1 and your 95% sure you will come through without any damage.

love it
Quote from ajp71 :With the new queueing system that Scawen implemented in patch X you just connect to a full server and it automatically puts you in a queue to join it so you don't have to keep trying

Isn't the queue only for when multiple people try to join a non-full server at the same time? When trying to join a full server, I only get the server full message.
Quote from cannonfodder :Isn't the queue only for when multiple people try to join a non-full server at the same time? When trying to join a full server, I only get the server full message.

Yeah I think you may be right

EDIT- I joined CTRA 2 set my password, minimised LFS to go to the website, entered my details there and when I came back I had lost connection to host. Tried to join again and it's now telling me I need a license and to got to a lower server, I have a gold license and it let me on the server the first time but now it doesn't seem to be recognising me.
#44 - Jakg
temporarily the apps had a problem and has disabled access to the SQL database to make sure it doesn't corrupt it, but rest asured she's trying to fix it
damnit why does my PC fail on me now!!?
Yup, turns out that SQL has a control code character, \ backslash \, and somebody had that in their player name so when it saved his lap record the SQL system fouled up, my software detects any SQL error and shuts it off all access to it to protect the integrity of the database. With the debug info we where able to track it pretty quick, thankfully - I was actually starting to get a bit panicked and worried that this was going to be another 5am session!
Fixes for the OK button position on $grid and $results will come later, I have seen the problem - for now if you want to OK out of those screen click ? first and you'll go back to help where you can get an OK button. Also SHIFT-I will clear the screen.
Id just like to say to becky great work it looks very impressive
The website is beautiful too
This far exceeeds my expectations, it's simply amazing. Great work everyone.

It's nice to have the servers back for some good pick-up races. Although I did just get involved in a 22 car pile-up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG