The online racing simulator
#76 - troy
Quote from ajp71 :Server 2 has started randomly kicking people for having too low a license mid-race (when they have the right license), it's like playing Russian roulette

indeed, it seems like insim restarts also all the time, and commands dont work anymore

something is terribly wrong there ^^
Quote from troy :indeed, it seems like insim restarts also all the time, and commands dont work anymore

something is terribly wrong there ^^

pity, some good racing there tonight
Quote :Server 2 has started randomly kicking people for having too low a license mid-race (when they have the right license), it's like playing Russian roulette

This is being caused by SQL dropping, we are working on the problem still - but just as we've got comprehensive debugging setup on the part of the program that's wrong ... it's stopped crashing, and now we have another problem.

There's a few things we are aware of and working through:

SQL dropping
Replays not saving
OK button on $results and $grid positioned too low on screen
People on slow / distant connections can drop connection at the end of the race (bandwidth exceeded with erroneous result information)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Sounds very nice, I'll be checking it out soon.

One thing I can't find is where to set/retrieve your MYCTRA password. I can't recall setting mine before, and now I'm unable to login.

I set my password when I first entered CTRA2 - then went to log in at Raceauthority.com and it fails to recognise me?

Any idea where I am going wrong?
Your password may not have been saved, see post above

We appologise for any service disruption whilst we iron out a few teathing problems.
Cheers Becky : tried it again a couple of minutes ago and it all seems tickety-boo

Nice work by the nightshift team :bowdown:
#82 - FL!P
Great work, guys! The system is really nice and the UI rocks.

I have a bug report about the site, but I didn't find where you want them sent. So here it is: I uploaded the very same image I use here as avatar, and the attached screenshot shows how it appears on my license. Makes me look like I'm paranoid.

Flip
Attached images
screenshot.jpg
Quote from FL!P :Great work, guys! The system is really nice and the UI rocks.

I have a bug report about the site, but I didn't find where you want them sent. So here it is: I uploaded the very same image I use here as avatar, and the attached screenshot shows how it appears on my license. Makes me look like I'm paranoid.

Flip

Me too. I only get half a Cartman despite the dimensions being well within given parameters.

One for later eh?
You probably haven't used the correct size, I uploaded mine and it works fine

(Look my sig)
Quote from Riders Motion :You probably haven't used the correct size, I uploaded mine and it works fine

(Look my sig)

113 x 106 pixels is the half shot
Should be fine?

300 x 283 for the original.
Too big, I know (fnarr!)
Can I ask what dimensions the original image was. The software tries to intelligently scale and crop the image and it might be a particular aspect ratio it's struggling with, if I know the original size of your images I can see which bit of code is not coping Thanks.

EDIT: I'm too slow... & Thanks. I will add this to the to do list, as non-urgent for now as there's some bigger bloopers to work through first hehe...
#87 - FL!P
Mine is 96 x 96.

Flip
What a little starlet you're turning out to be Becky

I've only just come back to LFS after a years break and i hav'nt the faintest idea what all this CTRA licence server stuff is ? But i did read a post of yours about your work problems, so maybe we should rally together and all send you a quid or two by way of thanks for all the hard work you've put into this game to make it even better than it already is. Or at least try to find you a job where you actually get paid !. You any good at housework ?
Quote :You any good at housework ?

Not if it involves marriage!
Quote from Becky Rose :Can I ask what dimensions the original image was. The software tries to intelligently scale and crop the image and it might be a particular aspect ratio it's struggling with, if I know the original size of your images I can see which bit of code is not coping Thanks.

EDIT: I'm too slow... & Thanks. I will add this to the to do list, as non-urgent for now as there's some bigger bloopers to work through first hehe...

Cheers Becky, it's far from priority....just glad to have the ctra sessions back

Good luck with the rest of yer debloopering
(is that a word? if not it should be!)
As I said on the server Becky and Sam, great stuff...I love it :lovies3d:

Would be better if Deko wasnt chatting his crap all night
LOL i nearly just shat myself.........

NO DEFINATELY NOT MARRIAGE (dont wanna do that again in a hurry)

edit Infact best just ignore me, i'll go sit in the corner and stare at the wall :banghead:
Quote from The General Lee :As I said on the server Becky and Sam, great stuff...I love it :lovies3d:

Would be better if Deko wasnt chatting his crap all night

was fun to test the swearing filter
When I called myself a C U next Tueday and got kicked but Deko didn't when he called me one...

Go me, finding bugs
Quote from Becky Rose :I've just tried it too, I think it might be something to do with JoinLFS tbh. I suspect it doesnt work well with S1 servers - but I dont know, I didnt write it.

I believe it's because of the |1| in the link, that tells Join2LFS that it's a private server. This value should be set to 0. You can detect whether or not the server is private using pubstats.
Cheers joshdifabio, I didnt know about that - and it makes perfect sense too as we made the various links before launching whilst the servers where private. Top bloke. Have a thumbs up smilie
Quote :I was actually starting to get a bit panicked and worried that this was going to be another 5am session!

*looks at watch*
Best laid plans and all that, eh? Thanks for the hard work!
Quote from GeForz :Options -> Game -> At the top there is a switch between AI names and F1 to F8 keys.

Quote from ajp71 :And if you go to controls you can set more binds for alt + and ctrl +

Aaah, of course!! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys.
Hi Becky.

Welcome to the insomnia club! :tired:

Just a quick one.

Is there a way to stop the results page from popping up immediately after the finishing line? It's a bit tricky trying to peer through the text to avoid other cars that are coasting to a halt just past the finish.
No way to avoid the $results i'm affraid :/

Quote : I was actually starting to get a bit panicked and worried that this was going to be another 5am session!

Looks at clock... :/

All major bugs fixed I *think*. There *might* be an SQL problem but if it does occur again I do now have much more comprehensive debugging info on it so I should get any problems much easier.

It's been a heck of a night, and I hope you all enjoyed it despite a few restarts of the software.

I do know the OK button dissapears on the results and grid screen, and the picture uploading is a bit narked on the web site - but these I feel are sufficiently minor that I can go to bed soon

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG