The online racing simulator
Where can I delete my CTRA profile?
Just delete your first and last names, and your race details won't be listed on any pages.
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum
Quote :I won't return on any CTRA server untill you sorted all these kind of bugs out. You probably don't care, but it's a shame for LFS.

The specific thing you mention is not a bug.
Quote :Ok, that was the last drop..

If you are frustrated driving on a CTRA server, my guess is you would be frustrated driving any other server, but i'm glad you've found something else to blame it on, we wouldn't want a racing driver blaming themselves now would we?
Quote :I won't return on any CTRA server untill you sorted all these kind of bugs out. You probably don't care, but it's a shame for LFS.

CTRA isn't LFS, it's just over 50% of the racing on LFS, but that is far from all and, tbh, I think we've got about the right 'market share'.

I'm glad you enjoy the GTR cars, and that you want to race them elsewhere than Aston National. We do offer this, but only to our top drivers as we like our GTR racing to be done to a very high standard.

We offer a range of enhancements over standard LFS, and offer a reporting system for 24/7 adminned races. We try to do a good job, but we're not getting paid for what we do - we do it for the love of the sport. Just because we try to be professionally run doesn't make us professional with a customer services department and refund if all else fails.

We get a lot of forum traffic, and I get constant chatter & questions when I join a server for more than 3 seconds, we give as much feedback as possible but I just can't get into personal correspondance. I turned PM's on for the first time in months the other day and had half a dozen CTRA PM's within an hour.

I did receive a long tirade from you yes, a list of moans and complaints about how unlucky you are, I got bored reading fairly early on went back to working on one of my LFS projects, which I think at the time was X-System.

Anyway back onto more pressing matters, I am currently trying to focus on another project, I made some changes tonight to address a pressing problem and X-Monitor is now live again and we've got some more debug tools, and we've made a few changes here and there to try and resolve a new crash bug - something relating to a particular player (its not their fault, just a consequence of something I wont go into here).
Quote from SamH :Interesting idea. Although, honestly, I've never considered RallyX to be any more of a contact sport than racing. BnJ is a bit contact in places!

Gotta agree with Mike, actually.. how the yanks, who've never even seen a corner before, got to be so good on RallyX totally beats me, but it's true!

We'll have to look and see if we can adapt RallyX tracks to suit BnJ-style racing. Verrryy interesting....

I think the Bump and Jump server has evolved to a level where there is an unwritten policy of contact that results in a spin being rather unfair and when the faster people are on the racing tends to be pretty clean. I've never seen rallycross raced in LFS as a non-contact sport. The contact doesn't mean deliberate BTCC style spinning but just inevitably touching one another with a definite desire to not spin fellow racers.
I think we'd be betraying the BnJ if we just added RallyX to the server rotation. It would have to be in keeping with the spirit of BnJ. Veeerrrryyyyy interesting..

This thread's a few weeks old, now, so I'm going to move it into the CTRA section. Normally promotional threads such as this fade away, but this one keeps getting new and exciting ideas fed into it
I'm all for bringing back RallyX to CTRA and the natural thing to do would be to add it into the B and J Rotation.

Hell yeah I'm up for that, it will be like old times Mike

Plus more tracks for the XFG

So SamH please add all the old RallyX tracks to B and J, TBO the numbers on B and J have reduced in the last week or so this may be just what it needs.
Quote from Darkone55 :Hmm... I'm still copper...

Quote from Darkone55 :Because I was still driving the XFG I just finished the race. Then I wanted to take the XRG.

How could you take the XRG if you're still copper? Or did you advance to bronze in the meantime?

Quote from Darkone55 :... but to drive GTR's I need platinum..?! That's too much man!

Are you 1ST_Bouman (or something like that)? If you are, you were winning pretty much every race. You seem like a very good driver so if you put in the effort it probably wouldn't take you that long to get to platinum and in the GTR's. I said as much on the server yesterday, when you complained about the long way you had to go.

Frankly, I think you come off as a little child now. "Mummy, I don't want to wait 'till Christmas to get my present, I want it now! ". Kind of like that. What am I supposed to say then? I'm glad if I get 10 points out of a whole evening of racing. Usually it's only 5. If I'm lucky.

Quote from Darkone55 :I won't return on any CTRA server untill you sorted all these kind of bugs out. You probably don't care, but it's a shame for LFS.

I can very well understand that you get frustrated with some aspects of the system sometimes, but your reaction here isn't very mature and it will only evoke reactions such as "Fine, leave, we're better off without you" etc etc. Because you're right, no one cares if you don't join the servers anymore. You're just 1 racer out of thousands that are more than willing to race on CTRA. Don't get me wrong, you seem like a very nice guy and a clean racer, which is the kind of drivers we want to see on the servers, but no one will mourn the loss of you leaving the servers
Quote from obsolum :
...reactions such as "Fine, leave, we're better off without you" etc etc. Because you're right, no one cares if you don't join the servers anymore.

sorry i don´t know this guy and if he´s nice or fast or whatever.
the thing is, noone really cares if he leaves...
Well said!
Quote from obsolum :How could you take the XRG if you're still copper?

I don't know if it's a bug, but you can take the XRG when you're copper!
Quote from FL!P :I don't know if it's a bug, but you can take the XRG when you're copper!

IIRC the XRG has lost its license requirement and points bonus over the XFG.
It's still got the point bonus I think.
Sorry, I went on a bit too long yesterday. Maybe I'v gone too far, and maybe I'll try CTRA again one day.

Quote from Becky Rose :I did receive a long tirade from you yes, a list of moans and complaints about how unlucky you are, I got bored reading fairly early on went back to working on one of my LFS projects, which I think at the time was X-System.

Well, it's supposed to be as just critics, and you might learn from it. Maybe it's good to have some user input.
I just went and read it, you dont like mid race rejoin and you havn't set your result display preferences and dont like the default setting (some of us turn the default results off so we can see the minimap, and preffer the extra information on the CTRA results, fyi).

As for mid race rejoin, well that's tough. I could go into the why's and whatnot, but the introduction of the various aspects and features of it are already covered in detail in these forums. A quick synopsis: It's part of our anti-wrecker solution, and it's been working extremely well.
Quote from Darkone55 :Sorry, I went on a bit too long yesterday. Maybe I'v gone too far, and maybe I'll try CTRA again one day.

8 out of 10 owners, who expressed a preference, said their wheel preferred it ...
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, sorry if it's wrong.

Last night i entered the bump&jump server.But when i clicked to join the race it kicked me back to spectator mode and said "passengers not allowed".I checked to see if i had any passengers but there weren't any.i tried to join many times but everytime kicked back to spectate because of passengers. Did i do something wrong there?

Thanks.
It's a corrupted setup on the XFG. Some old feature that has no been removed from LFS causes some old XFG setups to report passengers when there are not any. If you try another setup that should fix the problem.
Quote from Becky Rose :It's a corrupted setup on the XFG. Some old feature that has no been removed from LFS causes some old XFG setups to report passengers when there are not any. If you try another setup that should fix the problem.

i was on race-s which is an old setup.

Thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG