The online racing simulator
Eventually every single useable combo will be used in the CTRA in some form or other, but it will take us some time to get there. I'm going to echo the words 'phase 2' again.

RallyX has been dropped from the 1st tier because it caused the most reports, it should still be possible to get the odd RallyX race on tier 2 though although the amalgamation with Race 3 has reduced their frequency as we obviously dont run RallyX with the slick shod GTR's.

The other problems elluded to above where due to a failure of the X-Monitor application that monitors X-System, X-System itself would have been fine if it wasn't for it's health monitor ! Oh the irony.

I have disabled X-Monitor for the time being and in a few days i'll write a new more up to date version that's much more solid than the current cobbled together one.
I can't connect to the Race2 server, I receive "Did not receive track info" ...
That happens sometimes with most servers I've found. Just try again and it should work.
the server citra race 2 is over
you can join it, but you just get the message "JOOS - COUNT" and then get disconnected
:lovies3d:

What started with STCC has really grown and represents for me the effort being put in to making the best possible racing available.

My thanks to the team behind this great race environment, it's been the experience I needed to push myself towards the next level.

CTRA! Long live CTRA!

I know when I get my silver license I will have the feeling of really having earned something. And to think, we're just getting started!

See you on the track you fine racers you
And see them you will - CTRA welcomed it's 14,000th racer yesterday.
Attached images
ctra14k_711.jpg
Thats one hell of a nice number, tell you that the server is liked
The server is down?
Which one? They all seem to be up here.
It`s back, got Disconnected from race 1 server for like 10 mins, said something about client error. But back now.
It's been hiccuping like that for some reason. Sam blamed a DNS server =P
Just wondering..

Is there a way to get all the licenses (for race and single-seater) apart from driving 238476238237 miles on the CTRA servers with all the noobs and slow cars?

Oh, and btw, what do the mods think of my pm?
Nope.. you have to suffer through my driving for tens of thousands of miles.. and I'm difficult to pass, too. Ever tried overtaking a spinning car? Not easy Noobs are a factoid of life. Even in F1. Ask anyone except Scott Speed.

[edit] and no PM from you?
Quote from SamH :Nope.. you have to suffer through my driving for tens of thousands of miles.. and I'm difficult to pass, too. Ever tried overtaking a spinning car? Not easy Noobs are a factoid of life. Even in F1. Ask anyone except Scott Speed.

[edit] and no PM from you?

Hmm... I'm still copper, but to drive GTR's I need platinum..?!
That's too much man!

I've sent the pm to Becky, se said she had sent it through to the others..
I'll just send it to you.
Same rules for all the people. That's just the way I like it.
Don't you like racing?
Quote from teaz-R :Same rules for all the people. That's just the way I like it.
Don't you like racing?

I don't like the road cars, but I'd like to drive the GTR's on another track then Aston National..
You can drive the GT2's (Restricted GTR's) at Silver. If you don't like it, well then tough tbh.
Quote from Becky Rose :
RallyX has been dropped from the 1st tier because it caused the most reports, it should still be possible to get the odd RallyX race on tier 2 though although the amalgamation with Race 3 has reduced their frequency as we obviously dont run RallyX with the slick shod GTR's.

Wouldn't the rallycross courses be far more suited to the Bump and Jump server? Rallycross is always going to have more contact than usual racing (including RL) so it seems logical to me to include it in the server that naturally has more contact?
Ok, that was the last drop.. The track switched to Blackwood reversed (why always reversed!?). Because I was still driving the XFG I just finished the race. Then I wanted to take the XRG.. I typed $grid and hey.. time erased. So I switched back to XFG and what do you think? Time still gone.. great, had to start at the back again, noobs all over end of race.

End of my CTRA story.

I won't return on any CTRA server untill you sorted all these kind of bugs out. You probably don't care, but it's a shame for LFS.
"bugs"? It's intentional iirc, as you could be great in an XFG but terrible in an XRG
Quote from Jakg :"bugs"? It's intentional iirc, as you could be great in an XFG but terrible in an XRG

Quote from Darkone55 :... So I switched back to XFG and what do you think? Time still gone. ...

Anyway, I've sent a PM to Becky and Sam, if you want I can send it to you too. It's a long list of a part of my bad experience on the CTRA servers. All about the system itself. Hence the "s" in bugs.
Quote from ajp71 :Wouldn't the rallycross courses be far more suited to the Bump and Jump server? Rallycross is always going to have more contact than usual racing (including RL) so it seems logical to me to include it in the server that naturally has more contact?

Since we've gone back to this, which I'm the one who brought it up earlier, it's a shame that you UK/European folks can't sort yourselves out on rally courses (joking), because FE Rally (the longer one) with STCC was some of the best racing in my 2.5 years with LFS I've had over here in the US timezones on public other than maybe the demo servers .
Quote from ajp71 :Wouldn't the rallycross courses be far more suited to the Bump and Jump server? Rallycross is always going to have more contact than usual racing (including RL) so it seems logical to me to include it in the server that naturally has more contact?

+1
Indeed, Rallycross in B&J seems only natural.
Interesting idea. Although, honestly, I've never considered RallyX to be any more of a contact sport than racing. BnJ is a bit contact in places!

Gotta agree with Mike, actually.. how the yanks, who've never even seen a corner before, got to be so good on RallyX totally beats me, but it's true!

We'll have to look and see if we can adapt RallyX tracks to suit BnJ-style racing. Verrryy interesting....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG