The online racing simulator
Quote from The Very End :If your the person I belive you are you actually wrecked me on purpose on one server last night

What are you talking about? I'm obsolum My racername is also obsolum so... And I've never wrecked anybody on purpose - or even by accident for that matter, although I have bumped into people when I braked too late - so I think you're mistaken me for someone else. What server was that on? I only ever race on Race1. I'm sure it wasn't me.

Quote from Richy :To celebrate I made myself a skin, since I was too tired to drive once I did get gold. You may see me bombing around on the server sporting this little number.

Ah yes, I remember your skin from driving behind you for almost an entire race on SO Town today Nice skin. Nice driving, too, by the way, you seem to be able to handle the XRG quite well
Quote from obsolum :Ah yes, I remember your skin from driving behind you for almost an entire race on SO Town today Nice skin. Nice driving, too, by the way, you seem to be able to handle the XRG quite well

That was a good race, i've watched the replay and it is event full. I was concentrating hard on my line and trying not to make any costly mistakes. Every tap on the wall, every little twitch when exiting the hairpin made my heart jump. You were right there putting the pressure on making an already difficult job harder. I'm a lot slower in the XRG but luckily knowing the track from the XFG helps a lot. It's a nice car once you're comfortable and concentrating but very unforgiving. Got to be quick with that counter steer and easy on the throttle. I was being pretty defensive too, taking inside lines and just not losing too much time and trying to use the top speed advantage where I could. Very fair racing, thanks and hope to see you on the track more.
You all are to fast for me, cant believe that all racers are faster than i. This is why i have stopped driving in STCC/CTRA. Im just to slow, and i think its not why i use Mouse Axes for steering/throttle/brake.
Just a quick "loving the servers, having some great racing, thanks very much!" type-statement. It really has re-ignited my interest in LFS

brilliant stuff :woohoo:

er..... carry on :cyclops:
Quote from Goop :Just a quick "loving the servers, having some great racing, thanks very much!" type-statement. It really has re-ignited my interest in LFS

brilliant stuff :woohoo:

er..... carry on :cyclops:

[off-topic] Nice RC airplane in the avatar, Goop! (per RCGroups.com )[/off-topic]
Mike, just hope I don't take a picture of my plane(s?)
Quote from matze54564 :You all are to fast for me, cant believe that all racers are faster than i. This is why i have stopped driving in STCC/CTRA. Im just to slow, and i think its not why i use Mouse Axes for steering/throttle/brake.

Try going to LFSworld and taking a shot at some hotlaps in a car you like. When you look up the world record download the replay by clicking on the time, and study the line for the circuit, once you know that you will take seconds off your laps. Try your best to do some hotlaps identical as you can to that replay. You may need to "show pedals, show wheel and driver" in options to get an idea of how much other people are turning their wheels and using their pedals. I rarely use full steering lock while im racing, only in the tightest of hairpins at the slowest speed.

Other than that its just getting in "the zone" concentrating hard and not giving up.

Im slow as fook on a circuit I havent really tried to hotlap on. (well im slow as fook on those too lol but not as bad)
Quote from matze54564 :You all are to fast for me, cant believe that all racers are faster than i. This is why i have stopped driving in STCC/CTRA. Im just to slow, and i think its not why i use Mouse Axes for steering/throttle/brake.

Yea, as richy said.

You just learn the car you use, find a set/make a set which works for you. And thats how I learnt.

Concentrate on smoothness, and with that comes the speed.
Hello, Becky and CTRA type people,

Please take a look at this layout and see if like it as much as to implement it on your bump and jump server. Phleeease... (Some people liked it )

Thelayout:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=15038
It looks great, smooth and stuff.
Would be great fun to race on the "thing" of a track
Additionally, I'd like to complain that my last name is a curse word in German, so I actually got kicked from a server for filling out my name on the form. Furthermore, my name was not saved in the form.
:ices_rofl
Quote from mrodgers :[off-topic] Nice RC airplane in the avatar, Goop! (per RCGroups.com )[/off-topic]

[continued off-topicness]it's a small world-wide-web! Hehe, yeah, that's the Extrafun XL.... silly me has gone and gotten into choppers now, too!
Good thing LFS is so inexpensive, huh [/OT]

Hooray for CTRA :woohoo:
Quote from PLAYLIFE :You find my name funny!? Why don't you eat it!

¨
Because I eat it first o_O
Problem with my license
Ok i didnt wanted to create another post so ill ask here:

I just got in 5th on the CTRA 1 server but i didnt score ANY points. why is that? even the 6th adn the 7th scored...

BTW i created my licence one week ago.
It's possible that your fast time for the race was not within the 106% of the record for the track that you need to be able to score points while the drivers behind you had faster times.
Hi!
I couldn't find (but i'm kinda slow so don't jump on me...) any kind of contact info on the CTRA website so i'm asking these questions here, hope it's alright.

I'm asking those concerning the Single Seater server(s):

1. How much time currently each race is set to last?
Is this time going to change soon? By a big margin?

2. Is it possible to release a list with all the tracks under rotation (is the order of that rotation random?) on the server? *

3. If the order isn't random... Would it be possible to display a list on the server (maybe a RSS feed) of the current track being raced and (in fact there's something akin to that already, right?) the list of the next tracks to come online with it's current ETA beside it?

"4". Maybe the number 3 question had a quite "too demanding" suggestion but... It's just that i've been talking with some of the drivers on the Single Seater server and the consensus i've seen is that the track changes way too rapidly (i gather that's it's about every hour and a half or something close to that).
That's pretty much the reason why i haven't raced on it yet.
With a list, i could join (or better yet, know when to join) only on the tracks that i know that i can participate without causing any kind of problem for the other racers.

---

Is there a chance, if it gets determined the majority of the users actually do want it (not cause *I* want it, heh), of the time between track change to be increased? Maybe some 4 hours betweens changes or so?

I "know" that at least on the old servers one of the main reasons of the popularity and the "fun factor" of the servers were it's plethora of tracks and track changes that made possible racing on a lot of "different" combos and... with people on them!!

But maybe since that now the servers are really popular and great stuff (always were hehe) wouldn't it be interesting to raise the time between those track changes?
I mean, so when one find a track that he likes he could (not my cup of tea but of many) even start to develop a set on the spot, practice on it and start to get competitive and all of that quite some time before the track changes yet again.

The "complaints" i've been hearing are that when the racing starts to get really competitive and fun (well, more fun), people starting to get a good pace etc, it's almost if not already at the time of the track change, which, well, it's unfortunate. All the good racing has to start from scratch.

It's a bloody great concept, which works really well, that of changing tracks. So we don't get the same old same old combo all the time...
But maybe, just maybe, we could make those combos last a little bit longer? It's not that anyone is in a hurry or anything like that, hehe.

That's it, i guess.
Keep in mind that i'm doing all those comments and suggestions on top of the knowledge of the "short time" between track changes that i got via IM with other LFS racers, which could have changed by now and then i've wrote a worthless post.

Well, i feel like typing today. So i hope i don't get too bad of a scolding if indeed i'm wrong on my "information" (which would be great!).

Thanks for your time, and servers.

* I kinda "need" that cause i would like to find/develop a set and then practice a little bit before going into racing online. I don't like to use the racing track during a race as my testing grounds.

ps: sorry about my poor english, if anything can't be understood please point it out to me and i"ll try to explain it better.
Quote from Meanie :Hi!
I couldn't find (but i'm kinda slow so don't jump on me...) any kind of contact info on the CTRA website so i'm asking these questions here, hope it's alright.

I'm asking those concerning the Single Seater server(s):

1. How much time currently each race is set to last?
Is this time going to change soon? By a big margin?

2. Is it possible to release a list with all the tracks under rotation (is the order of that rotation random?) on the server? *

3. If the order isn't random... Would it be possible to display a list on the server (maybe a RSS feed) of the current track being raced and (in fact there's something akin to that already, right?) the list of the next tracks to come online with it's current ETA beside it?

"4". Maybe the number 3 question had a quite "too demanding" suggestion but... It's just that i've been talking with some of the drivers on the Single Seater server and the consensus i've seen is that the track changes way too rapidly (i gather that's it's about every hour and a half or something close to that).
That's pretty much the reason why i haven't raced on it yet.
With a list, i could join (or better yet, know when to join) only on the tracks that i know that i can participate without causing any kind of problem for the other racers.

---

Is there a chance, if it gets determined the majority of the users actually do want it (not cause *I* want it, heh), of the time between track change to be increased? Maybe some 4 hours betweens changes or so?

I "know" that at least on the old servers one of the main reasons of the popularity and the "fun factor" of the servers were it's plethora of tracks and track changes that made possible racing on a lot of "different" combos and... with people on them!!

But maybe since that now the servers are really popular and great stuff (always were hehe) wouldn't it be interesting to raise the time between those track changes?
I mean, so when one find a track that he likes he could (not my cup of tea but of many) even start to develop a set on the spot, practice on it and start to get competitive and all of that quite some time before the track changes yet again.

The "complaints" i've been hearing are that when the racing starts to get really competitive and fun (well, more fun), people starting to get a good pace etc, it's almost if not already at the time of the track change, which, well, it's unfortunate. All the good racing has to start from scratch.

It's a bloody great concept, which works really well, that of changing tracks. So we don't get the same old same old combo all the time...
But maybe, just maybe, we could make those combos last a little bit longer? It's not that anyone is in a hurry or anything like that, hehe.

That's it, i guess.
Keep in mind that i'm doing all those comments and suggestions on top of the knowledge of the "short time" between track changes that i got via IM with other LFS racers, which could have changed by now and then i've wrote a worthless post.

Well, i feel like typing today. So i hope i don't get too bad of a scolding if indeed i'm wrong on my "information" (which would be great!).

Thanks for your time, and servers.

* I kinda "need" that cause i would like to find/develop a set and then practice a little bit before going into racing online. I don't like to use the racing track during a race as my testing grounds.

ps: sorry about my poor english, if anything can't be understood please point it out to me and i"ll try to explain it better.

I'd like to also see the track rotation list. The track + layout and times. Then I could even look that OK, my fav layout starts at 5 o'clock, so I come in at 5 o'clock.
Quote from Viper93 :It's possible that your fast time for the race was not within the 106% of the record for the track that you need to be able to score points while the drivers behind you had faster times.

The algorythm has been changed to 108% more than a week ago.
Quote from Goop : [continued off-topicness]it's a small world-wide-web! Hehe, yeah, that's the Extrafun XL.... silly me has gone and gotten into choppers now, too!
Good thing LFS is so inexpensive, huh [/OT]

Hooray for CTRA :woohoo:

[OT ALERT!]

Goop, stop playing with the RC in the house

Speaking of which, I have one of those same heli's in a different bodytype (why did I want to say bodykit? ), very fun to fly around the basement, until I try and try anything outside of hovering.
Quote from Meanie :Hi!

That is better English than the 99.9% of us who use it as our first language
Whouhouuuw i'm celebrating my 200th Race on ctrax.

:woohoo:

:throwrose

Ok i'm leaving --------> []
Had my first outing yesterday on SO Rev in XFG... God, I hate it reversed

Anyway thanks again for the setup Sinbad, got me a PB and I 'know' I can go lot faster with it (if I stop messing up turn 1 and the chicane ).

I'll be around every once in a while so see you all on the servers
Quote from PLAYLIFE :I'd like to also see the track rotation list. The track + layout and times. Then I could even look that OK, my fav layout starts at 5 o'clock, so I come in at 5 o'clock.

I Think it's quiet random. But, if you are on the server you can seen when the track is going to change, just type $track. It will display a lot of usefull thing (number of race before change, time before restarting if race is over, lap consumsion (depending of your car), race fuel needed, ...)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG