The online racing simulator
Quote from dude56 :One of the autocross layouts (on BL carpark, don't know what it was called) was incredibly confusing. At EVERY corner there were 2-4 possible routes to take, and NO indication of where to go. By lap 2, half the pack had taken the wrong route and was going the wrong way. We quickly ended the race because the layout was so ridiculous.

Do just like me: Don't drive there!!! It's only for people who want some stupid fun and it has nothing to do with racing.
Quote from Demon68 :Do just like me: Don't drive there!!! It's only for people who want some stupid fun and it has nothing to do with racing.

:feedtroll

The layout is called "The Maze" (figures?) and there are arrows on the track that show you where to go. If you have actually driven 2 or 3 laps on it you should KNOW where to go.

If you drive the first time on a normal LFS track you also dont know when the next corner comes.
Well i'm going to guess the problem was at Aston Club, there's turnings off at every second bend there...

It's great racing the odd tracks when a few people know the layout or drivers persevere long enough to figure it out. Sometimes if nobody who knows the route is on, or the server is full of LFS' 80% impatient community members who point the finger of blame before asking if there was a problem, then some of the layouts dont work.

There's nothing I can do to change that sadly, there's arrows there for those who want to look but people preffer to follow the car infront who also isnt looking.

All I could do is get rid of all the more challenging layouts, but ... they're fun a lot of the time.
Quote from zeugnimod :
The layout is called "The Maze" (figures?) and there are arrows on the track that show you where to go. If you have actually driven 2 or 3 laps on it you should KNOW where to go.
If you drive the first time on a normal LFS track you also dont know when the next corner comes.

With "there" I mean the "Bumb and Jump" server, to win there you need luck instead of racing skills.
It's full of people who think it's a destruction derby.
(see previous post about the 80% of community).
Quote from Demon68 :With "there" I mean the "Bumb and Jump" server, to win there you need luck instead of racing skills.

I disagree. There are several kinds of racing skills. On normal tracks it's only about perfectly knowing a certain track/car combo. Where do you break, what gear and tyre setup is best. I'm not very good at that. On BnJ it's also about reflexes and choosing the best position to avoid being wrecked. I found out that I'm a lot better at that.

Quote : It's full of people who think it's a destruction derby.

Agreed. There are too many people who ram their way to a better position. Usually I overtake them a few laps later, because they wrecked not only others, but also themselves.
Quote from riffey4 :I disagree. There are several kinds of racing skills. On BnJ it's also about reflexes and choosing the best position to avoid being wrecked.

True on some BnJ tracks. The racing depends a lot on he current layout. Some layouts are almost pure racing and some are pure wreckfests. The sweet spot is right in the middle though. Pure racing is annoying because that isn't what I want to do when I join the BnJ server and the wreckfests are annoying because there no skill can help you, it's a pure lottery if you finish.
Good job Becky!
Hi all,

just wanted to say: Good job, Becky Rose!! That is really a nice modification you did. Now some people just have to learn to drive safe&clean. But I'd noticed, that most people really try to avoid bad actions. Maybe they are afraid of the $report ...
Quote from Glenn67 :I personaly would like to see another level of server put in a biginners server which only allows unlicensed and bronzed lic racers to enter

I think adding another entry level server would be awesome right now, the current level 1 servers are constantly full to the max. Have you ever considered asking for donations to open more servers? CTRA is by far the best concept of all the servers, it'd be great to have another level 1 GTI and maybe even another FOX server that only allows people new (low licensed people) to the CTRA system. They'd be messy races I'm sure, but it would give new drivers a chance to prove worthy without playing for a year trying to beat all the platinum guys who refuse to jump into the higher level servers.
I know that S1 racers wouldn`t be able to join the server, and I know it probally would be more hectic too, but I REALLY thinks the servers should upgrade to max grid size on 32 cars. On the tracks there aren`t aviable for that amount they can run 20 cars on.

But I think this great server almost deserve to use the latest changes of beeing avible to chose a grid side on 32 cars.
S1 can now run 32 cars, we dont run 32 on the entry level tier for several reasons:

Once a grid exceeds 20 cars or so, one accident combined with drivers who still show a reluctance to slow down for a yellow flag, can result in massive crashes and lots of arguments.

The above would ensure that we deal with a substantially higher quantity of reports.

We want to give S1 drivers somewhere to race with a decent grid size.

We run 20 cars on the 1st tier, 25 on the 2nd, and 32 on the top tier.
Quote from Becky Rose :S1 can now run 32 cars, we dont run 32 on the entry level tier for several reasons:

Once a grid exceeds 20 cars or so, one accident combined with drivers who still show a reluctance to slow down for a yellow flag, can result in massive crashes and lots of arguments.

The above would ensure that we deal with a substantially higher quantity of reports.

We want to give S1 drivers somewhere to race with a decent grid size.

We run 20 cars on the 1st tier, 25 on the 2nd, and 32 on the top tier.

Ok, when you told it that way I agree
Tier 2 is silver and gold, and tier 3 is platinum, I`m right?
At the moment tier 2 on the CTRA race licence can be raced by bronze and above, it's a multi-class server which lets bronze drivers race XFG+XRG and silver drivers can race both those cars and the TBO class.
This single seater deal is maddness. Only 20 people in the world are good enough not to drive with all the noobs, but they don't even have a server.

Other than that, I'm enjoying CTRA. Thanks Becky.

Quote from srdsprinter :This single seater deal is maddness. Only 20 people in the world are good enough not to drive with all the noobs, but they don't even have a server.

Other than that, I'm enjoying CTRA. Thanks Becky.

Hehe so true, So Classic with Fox is a nightmare.
It`s a shame, because I love SO classic with Fox, thats why I almost have 2000 laps with that car/track. But recently it`s have been a nightmare when no one can drive T1, the chicane and the T3 lol :P

Anyway, beside some people, this is the best server I have ever raced on!
Quote from dude56 :One of the autocross layouts (on BL carpark, don't know what it was called) was incredibly confusing. At EVERY corner there were 2-4 possible routes to take, and NO indication of where to go. By lap 2, half the pack had taken the wrong route and was going the wrong way. We quickly ended the race because the layout was so ridiculous.

Look at the peoples going for a race then you will understand that layout, it gives you an advantage when you know which route to take though.
Quote from The Very End :Hehe so true, So Classic with Fox is a nightmare.
It`s a shame, because I love SO classic with Fox, thats why I almost have 2000 laps with that car/track. But recently it`s have been a nightmare when no one can drive T1, the chicane and the T3 lol :P

Anyway, beside some people, this is the best server I have ever raced on!

It's all a nightmare.

You have a mix of the finest drivers in the world with guys who just bought the game.

I've lost count of the times I've been top-3 and been taken out by someone who just doesn't know what they're doing.

I don't claim to be a superstar, but I consistently get points. I love the big fields, and the starts based on lap speed, but it is frustrating the inconsistancy of drivers.
I hope that becomes less of a problem when the second tier is open.
Quote from Becky Rose :I hope that becomes less of a problem when the second tier is open.

I think it will be, but it will take a while before it can really be utilized.

A month or so? There are only 22(?) licensed drivers for single seaters now, but it should pick up in a few weeks.

I'm racing as much as i can (3-5 races a day) but it will be about a month before i should get my license.
Quote from Becky Rose :I hope that becomes less of a problem when the second tier is open.

I hope that aswell
Because at the moment it`s mayhem on those server, I don`t think I are overdoing it if I say that only 40% of the people there actual are good enough to race that car...
Bug?
Me were playing on CTRA Single Seater 1 today. The track changed from SO1R to AS3R. While the race were starting, I changed my setup, so I missed the start. On lap 2 I wanted to join the race for few a warmup laps. But I wasn't able to join this race until it's finished.

I thought I found a bug, so I used the X-System's report tools to let them admins know about this issue. But maybe I'm wrong. So I'd like to request clarification about this. Is this a bug or a feature?

Same happened to me on the very next race. I tryed to join it while the grid was forming up. But it disallowed me to join the grid.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
Why are the CTRA layouts better than the originals? I like the original track designs better. Plus I like being able to set a PB while racing, and that's not going to happen on a CTRA server. Other than that, I love CTRA.
Quote from Glenn67 :
It would lessen the problem mrodgers is dicribing though That in conjunction to linking your pb's on the CTRA system with x% from WR for each Lic level to achieve next lic level would just about do it I think i.e. to get bronze you must have pb's on all rotation tracks within 5% of WR, for silver within 3% on all track rotated on silver server and gold 2% etc etc

How would this work when the HL WR's are set in cars without added weight/restrictions etc?
Quote from _Jeremy_ :Why are the CTRA layouts better than the originals? I like the original track designs better. Plus I like being able to set a PB while racing, and that's not going to happen on a CTRA server. Other than that, I love CTRA.

I think it`s there to prevent cuting the corners too much, and on FE tracks you really have to slow down in the chicane now, you can`t go full trottle there like before, this probally makes more people aware of the turn, so they slow down and don`t cause a T1 mayhem.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG