The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
lol i got it working thanx... lol
wheee mechanik finally made drag racing interesting ... not killing your tyres and then trying to keep the car right below 720 until youre save across the line
I had to post to say "Thanks" for doing the mod. I created a BMW 323i (E46) tonight. This is the car that I drive IRL. I think I came pretty close to the right feeling in the car. The HP and torque are about right, but man is it tough to get it there. Lots of trial and error. I think I will need to lower the weight some and put a passenger in the back to get the weight distribution correct. Anyway, I had a blast with it.
Thanks Again.
I sleeped and sawd a dream, Mecanik worked perfectly
Quote from seggons :I am getting the same error as Hyperactive

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1828/error6cu.jpg

And when I switch cars in-game, the format of files does not change when I go to load up a tweak for a new car. Then I have to use the wrong tweak for the wrong car.

I have also found that everything works ok with the fxo gtr and I have changed all the , into . in the files.

Any help please

Lastest MecaniK with 0.5P

:bump:
i cant get it to work.. do i just extract the files in to my lfs folder, run lfs pick a car then run mekanic?

ive done what i think is right, but it says no car selected....

any help?
Get yourself the right version of LFS, I use 0.5P and I have no trouble at all .
I'm having the same problem as stealthy, running LFS version 0.5P5 and Mechanik P5. Also tried putting patch p2 back on and using mek P2 but LFS wouldn't lauch (font error)so at this point there are only 2 things I can think of as a problem....1-The lfs.exe is labeled LFS LFS LFS and 2-I downgraded from the Q patch to P5 so I could use mek
Quote from tanner :I'm having the same problem as stealthy, running LFS version 0.5P5 and Mechanik P5. Also tried putting patch p2 back on and using mek P2 but LFS wouldn't lauch (font error)so at this point there are only 2 things I can think of as a problem....1-The lfs.exe is labeled LFS LFS LFS and 2-I downgraded from the Q patch to P5 so I could use mek

Ok, there's some confusion here. This is all explained in the first post,
where you download. Maybe there's too many words and it puts people
off, but seriously guys, all this is either mentionned in the first post, or
somewhere in this thread.

Just to clear things up, it's MecaniK P05, not P5. MecaniK, ANY version
with a 'P' in it, ONLY works with LFS v0.5P. Not P2, not P5, not P57398.
ONLY with 0.5P. The numbers AFTER the letter in LFS releases indicates
a 'test' patch and i don't update for those for many good reasons.
MecaniK on the other hand uses a letter to indicate the official LFS
version to use while the following numbers indicate the MecaniK version,
not the LFS test patches (hence why i used P05 and not P5).

Now, i know 0.5Q is out, and yes, the next MecaniK would be for 0.5Q
unless another official patch comes out first (not a test patch, the next
logical official patch would be 0.5R).

Since i have to change some things a bit (partly because of the recent
HotLap cheating), this isn't a simple update, it might take a bit of time
to sort things out. Let's just say, it won't be tomorrow.
It is very simple guys, just unzip 0.5P into a new directory structure and run Mecanik and/or Slick mod using this version of LFS. In this way, you will not save hotlaps to your normal 0.5Q spr directory negating the possibility of uploading bad files. I have a different profile for LFS Mec in my Logitech profiler software that launches the 0.5P version. It makes it really easy to keep the current version for real use, and the 0.5P version for use with Mec. No mess, no hassles and a lot of fun.
Got it to work, by doing the above, still had my original lfs S2 download so I extracted it to a "LFSTweak" directory, although I used all of my unlocks so I just have demo cars for a while. :P

I do have one suggestion- PLEASE do something about the interface, it is downright maddening to use!! With the cusors jumping around and having a dialog box pop up telling you you cant have a null value when all you did was clear out what was there so you can type stuff in. Otherwise, having a lot of fun with it, made an Audi-S1 Quattro, inline 5 turbo with 500 hp, very similar to the rally car and even sounds similar! What a beast to drive, too! Now, if only we could change exhaust raspyness like in LFSTweak...

Shows some great potential.

Brendan
someone help me. how can i get it to work. i have .5p2 how do i get a different version.
Quote :Just to clear things up, it's MecaniK P05, not P5. MecaniK, ANY version with a 'P' in it, ONLY works with LFS v0.5P. Not P2

Thanks that does clear things up, I'm sure it will work now. Just have to get it back to 5P, Tom
Quote from Lord_Verminaard :
I do have one suggestion- PLEASE do something about the interface, it is downright maddening to use!!

Already answered a few times. Yes, i KNOW. The reasons are also explained.

Quote from SittinSlidewayys :someone help me. how can i get it to work. i have .5p2 how do i get a different version.

Again, answered in this very page a few times too.
well where can i download .5p at.
Read through the read, and all of your questions will be answered
yeah i figured it out. it wouldnt work before.
I love LFS. The Physics is amazing. My right front wheel bend in 3rd corner on the Oval. I didn´t hit the wall, just inside the corner with 350+ km/h was too much for the suspension.
2500 PS+, Split around 10 and a 26.XX Lap. (I´ll never try it to get times online. But its amazing fun on soloplayer.)
It's working fine for me now Crazy Harry-I had the same thing happen with my F08 and managed to get that same car to do a 5.25 second 400m run
don't know if everyone has noticed it already but you can view .mpr replays made with mecanik without mecanik running in the background with correct tweaks. cars will just jump around a little but everything shows up correctly.
Edit: here's a boring sample to confirm it's working. I raced around the oval with FO8 a little and did over 10 G's in one of the last turns
Attached files
test.mpr - 636.7 KB - 337 views
3359 bhp 8 litre flat 12 FXR, 464 kph on the back straight on BlackWood
Wow! I've tried to get a high speed too, but it ****'s up my suspension.
Can someone give me any tips for reaching 600+ km/h?
Minimize weight and drag
Maximize power
Set ratios, suspensions, tires, and other settings to maximize traction, starting with where (when) it slips most.
Use Slickmod if you don't mind it
FXR on factory settings, power set to 21, insanely stiff suspension (maxxed out), R4s, lowered ride height, and DO NOT press the gas to full. YOu will pop your tyres. I slammed it at about 680-700, spinned instantly (almost poped the tyres) and then i got a reset. The last number i saw was 715 i think. Oh, the car has almost 60k bhp Be gentle.
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG