The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
Disclaimer: MecaniK is a work in progress so it might not work well for everyone. It can be used online, as long as all clients
have the exact same mods as the server. More importantly, using MecaniK online, WILL change your personal
online stats (LFSWorld).
Also, although HotLap can be uploaded, it is illegal to do so. If you've accidently uploaded an
illegal hotlap, remove as quickly as possible. Users intentionally uploading an illegal hotlap risk being BANNED !!!
Please be responsible ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, i've decided that i'm releasing this 'early' version to iron out the final bugs. All seems to work ok at this point and i mostly
need you guys to try it out and see what problems or bugs come up so i can move to other things.So now, the reason why
you are here, this IS MecaniK S2.. It's based on LFS 0.5P, so it WON'T
work correctly on any test patches. If you DO use a test patch, you'll NEED to have a copy of the v0.5P LFS.exe in the LFS
folder
and the ABC.abc file. MecaniK doesn't need to be in the same folder as LFS. Oh ya, i almost forgot, it also works
with the demo cars

RELEASE - v.P02 ---------------------------
- Fixed MRT5 load/save/editing
- Fixed Loading of presets
- Changes to the LFS/CAR checks to help it detect a car
- Various little bug fixes and changes

TROUBLESHOOTING ---------------------------------------------------------

General -----------> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=43208#post43208
-------------------> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=43348#post43348

comdlg32.ocx -----> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=42722#post42722

msstdfmt.dll -------> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=53649#post53649
-------------------> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=43381#post43381

LFS/CAR is red -----> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=62740#post62740
-------------------> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=48029#post48029

LFS.exe & ABC.abc --> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=49866#post49866
Attached files
MecanikS2_P02.zip - 17 KB - 31936 views
MecaniK.ReadMe2.txt - 8.3 KB - 5392 views
MecaniK S2 P04.zip - 879.7 KB - 6029 views
MecanikS2_P05.zip - 18.5 KB - 10033 views
I choose my car in lfs, but it doesnt show in MecaniK any help ?
Attached images
error.JPG
erm...just a question...what does this program do??
and how to use it?
huh, i tried to start it but it says:
run time error 339
component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

....so? whats up with that?
Quote from naskavu :I choose my car in lfs, but it doesnt show in MecaniK any help ?

I got the same
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :erm...just a question...what does this program do??
and how to use it?
huh, i tried to start it but it says:
run time error 339
component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

....so? whats up with that?

The program modifies diffrent values of the car you select. SO you could put something like a V10 lump in it
download this:
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/COMDLG32.OCX
and put that and macanik in your LFS folder

Edit: works with the LFS 0.5P Demo
Does not work with 0.5P2, 0.5P3 or 0.5P5
thanks i found it already i downloaded the missing file
but it says for me too not car selected

when i start mecanik without lfs it says start lfs 0.3P?!
Ok, i'll check it out, maybe i send a bad version
You can always try changing cars to see if it finds it
else try opening LFS first, then MecaniK, then try the opposite.
I think it's just a problem with the carcheck timer not even turning on..

As for the files, i guess i'll start now, thanks for posting them btw,
i'll add them to my download and add my old ReadMe too. I never
learn, hehe

Edit: It works for me, but i noticed some issues, the first time it doesn't
seem to register the car, but if i change car once, then it's fine. Tell me if any
of this helps or not. If you're having problems, please post this info also :

1- LFS.exe version (yes im serious, you wouldn't believe how often it can happen)
2- Demo or Full ?
3- Is there a car name displayed in that top window/testbox

I just want to reduce the number of fixed i release, so if you have different problems, i want to know.

Thanks in advance
hmm i tried to start the prog first and to start lfs first, but it didnt make any difference.
it always says no car selected.
tried with almost every car.
and why it says LFS 0.3P? shouldnt it be 0.5P?
Uhhh, why is no one going nuts over this!? Amazing! Thank you.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :when i start mecanik without lfs it says start lfs 0.3P?!

Ya that's a typo, i just saw it, it should read 0.5P.

Taifong, it works well for you ?
I'd appreciate if everyone who's tried it could tell me if it's working or not.
I need to know some of you have no problems too, i was starting to think the
download was just bad, but it seems to work ok for me.
Quote from Fonnybone :Ya that's a typo, i just saw it, it should read 0.5P.

Taifong, it works well for you ?
I'd appreciate if everyone who's tried it could tell me if it's working or not.
I need to know some of you have no problems too, i was starting to think the
download was just bad, but it seems to work ok for me.

Yes it works fine for me. The only problem I see so far is the decimal thing. I'm testing as we speak.

Are you planning on including the features present in your older versions? Namely tire/wheel adjustment, Cx adjustment, Turbo, etc?
This is MecaniK, not LFSTweak. MecaniK only edits cartype data and
the usefull stuff is pretty much there. I'll dig for the ReadMe...

Oh well, at least it worked for one person, two if i include myself :I
Quote from Fonnybone :This is MecaniK, not LFSTweak. MecaniK only edits cartype data and
the usefull stuff is pretty much there. I'll dig for the ReadMe...

Oh well, at least it works one person, two if i include myself :I

Oh I understand now. Well it's working flawlessly for me at the moment. Thanks again! I'll let you know if I run into anything.

By the way, you can override the decimal bug by simply copying/pasting the desired decimal value from another source. (The comments box works great for this)
Ok, i might have something, you guys having problems, you using a language other than english ? I'm reading the 3letter ID of the cars
to identify them. If you use different caracters, it wouldn't work..
i didn't think of this before.
Alright, so MecaniK does not properly modify the MRT5. None of the values had any effect in-game.
awesome tool but im out of unlocks because someone deleted my 0.5P install

I wanted to edit the FO8
Can't load a preset. Editing is weird, I put cursor in the middle, press a number key, the number appears in the line, but the cursor jumps to the line home! Absolutely weird editing! Sorry, but it is definitely unusable.

I made an effort and typed the WRC presets. It is strange, the redline is too short, just 2500 rpm on any car. For what car is it?
i wish i would know how to get it working... have patch 0.5P but yeah...im always lucky with mods they wont ever work for me
Quote from detail :Can't load a preset. Editing is weird, I put cursor in the middle, press a number key, the number appears in the line, but the cursor jumps to the line home! Absolutely weird editing! Sorry, but it is definitely unusable.

I made an effort and typed the WRC presets. It is strange, the redline is too short, just 2500 rpm on any car. For what car is it?

Ok, presets i fixed i believe, it wasn't loading properly indeed. I could
swear i fixed this but oh well.

The editing window cursor thing is because i auto format the values so
they remain within defined bounds. It annoys me too, but until i fix it,
try to deal with it, it could be worse, it could crash ! Click and drag
over digits one at a time and it'll be fine.

I'm about to make a debugging app to get some actual info out of you
guys I'll post a small update within the hour possibly, i changed a few
important things, i'm mostly trying to get the car check working first.

As for the F1 and WRC presets included, they are tests for another app i'm
planning. Once MecaniK works and people start making presets, i'd like to
be able to come up with 5-6 various 'spec' series presets. My idea is to create a simple
app with only buttons for servers/clients to use. This would help make modded server
races more accessible and much more stable since all apps will apply the same values.
Once the presets are chosen, i'd hard-code the values in the other app so that clicking
a button applies this preset (or many together depending ; "FIA" button could mod all
cars to fit within 3 specific FIA groups for example). I think it will be easier to make
most cars at once so that only one button can be used at a time, that way the server
only needs to add one MOD name in the server name for clients to be able to mod properly
then join. Else it gets complicated and the idea is to keep it simple.

The F1 preset mods the FO8 and FOX, FO8 is a quick attempt at a real F1 and the FOX just
tries to follow, this one didn't turn out great, but carefull useage of limits could make both cars
closer in performance . The WRC preset, on the other hand turned out much closer to what i was
thinking. It mods cartype1 (i.e:you need to select cartype1 to be able to load it). I used some simple
guidelines like all cars should have a 2.0L 4cylinder, awd and around 400bhp'. The main idea is to
help make custom but controlled online races, race series or simply to have fun in a proper set of
WRC cars, in the rallycross.

Edit: Man, that last part was a left over i hadn't deleted, it repeated itself, lol. I rewrote it a bit, sorry 'bout that.
Quote from detail :Can't load a preset. Editing is weird, I put cursor in the middle, press a number key, the number appears in the line, but the cursor jumps to the line home! Absolutely weird editing! Sorry, but it is definitely unusable.

that is to stop you from editing in a value that LFS wont accept. It is extremely annoying and a very bad way to do it (sorry fonny but it is). Fonnybone i suggest you do a check when the user clicks apply to make sure the values are correct. I tried to do it the way your doing it in a program i was making last night before i realised it became very frustrating to use.

Excellenct job though mate!
good to hear
OMG 380.... i WANT that mod workingggggggggg
Just got the FO8 to 400 on the BL backstraight with full downforce about to try it on the oval...

Edit:
420 full downforce on oval. almost 5gs through the corners and the r4s turn totally green after about two corners. No downforce = 450+ then crash
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG