The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
P04 works for me, but the "Apply" button does not function and is always greyed out.
Works fine here, too bad the ~720km/h car reset limit still seems to be in S2

One thing I'd like to see would be a feature that would automatically apply preset tweak settings when I load a certain setup, ie. I could assign that when the game loads a setup named "tweak_f1" then mechanik would automatically load the F1 preset. This should be relatively easy to do by either finding the setup name from LFS's memory or hooking the createfile function from kernel32.dll to know when LFS tries to load the setup.
Very high engine power values in Mecanik seem to make the suspension and brake setup ranges go out of range..
yeah its crazy, go ahead and set the FO8 to 11000 power.
u cant drive. as soon as u put a gear in, ur car starts to jump and spin. lol.
When i try to start MecaniK S2 P04.zip i get this error message.

"Runtime error 713: Class not registered. You need the following file to be installed on you machine. msstdfmt.dll"

Ive tried downloading the dll file and put it in windows/system.

Ill keep trying.
put it in ur folder where is mecanik. that should work
i've tried, it doesn't work
why dont u use 0.1? with the original 0.5P its working perfect.
'Apply'-button doesen't work
Just little note. Could you Fonnybone write some lines in the first post about what the prog actually does. As some people don't visit this forum that often
ok ... time for a few comments

1. the abc file has changed quite a bit with all those test patches as they are mostly about adding new codepages so i guess they will act up unless you use the proper versions of the abc and exe

2. we really need a no damage no fuel consumption no tyrewear mod

3. the textboxes are acting pretty weird (you mentioned changing their behaviour a bit in p4 havent had a chance to try it yet though) could you change them to normal text boxes where text input works in insert rather than in overwrite mode ?

4. the pover values and setting ranges for brakes and spring stiffness are coupled again (they already were with lfstweak for s1) is this caused by lfs itself or some bug that changes more values than it should ?
Apply button isnt working here. Using the P04.zip and S2P.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Apply button isnt working here. Using the P04.zip and S2P.

Yeah, P04:s apply button does not work. P02:s works for me.
Quote from geeman1 :Yeah, P04:s apply button does not work. P02:s works for me.

Quoted for agreement.

Now, time to try and break it, i guess.
Man this is such a blast. You guys were right, oval + F08 is pure excitement! My quickest lap a bit ago was about 24.15 without even really pushing it!
Has anyone tried this with Windows 98(SE)? I think I'm the only one left in the world using 98, XP just hogs too much and reduced me down to a slide projector in LFS. I remember LFSTweakS1 wouldn't save or load any tweak files, but I could change settings and apply. I'll try it out tonight when I get home.
Quote from TaiFong :Man this is such a blast. You guys were right, oval + F08 is pure excitement! My quickest lap a bit ago was about 24.15 without even really pushing it!

You bent your suspension from getting too much G yet?

My wheels usually end up like this - ||---//
Another question, does driving online with this affect the stats at LFSWorld in anyway? Like with PB times? I would guess not, but .
Wow, much fun this is. Pain in the arse to get started, but once I got the ABC file from an older version, it worked fine. RWD FXO = FO8 only less speed. Talk about snap on snap off power. You eat tyres like they are candy too
Why are there two columns for Cylinders and Displacement?
it's for forcing the desired figure by limiting the range that can be used.

you should probably read the readme, covers evrything in fairly simple terms
Hadn't seen the readme, thanks.

Apply button isn't supposed to work online, I think, Geeman/Looney.
You tried the .5P (no patch) version of LFS?
Extract it in a new directory and test Mecanik on that one.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :You bent your suspension from getting too much G yet?

My wheels usually end up like this - ||---//

Definitely did! Haha. I can't imagine how scary that would be in real life if it were possible to take a turn that fast.
Quote from TaiFong :Definitely did! Haha. I can't imagine how scary that would be in real life if it were possible to take a turn that fast.

It would be something like, your brains coming out of your ass.
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG