The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
riding with this racers;p wtf is "32e" :| on top?
32nd racer (in Dutch nd or rd = e)
Quote from al heeley :That is really funny! I was spectating on same server when you posted the comments, everything looked normal to me so it must be something on yr machine. Have you modified the suit skin files at all?

No I have not fiddled with anything Al. I have shut down and re-joined...same result.

For some reason I am unable to attach mpr file??

As much as this is fun I would like it back to normal, any ideas?
re-install the game?
Just for info I am having the same 'standing racer' problem in all servers.

Also when I try to join a race in cockpit view as usual I am seeing the race from the standing position...not good

Below is another screenshot of the starting grid......who the heck is the ned in the green T-shirt haha!
Attached images
green man.JPG
Quote from AlienT. :Below is another screenshot of the starting grid......

Stop it, it hurts! :bananalla
i was in the server when you were in the server. i had no standing drivers and i am sure nobody else had either. this means that the problem is not the servers or the patches, but your install (or are you waiting for the devs to tell you this?). as i have said only 3 posts ago, re-install lfs and try again.
ive just seen something...

i was racing on fe club with the lx6 and it was a 10lap race...
in lap 5 somebody changed the laps down to 1 lap, with probably /laps 1.

the race didnt end in the next lap nor did it end after 10laps...it just continued for some other reason!

maybe u try that out if u get the same strange thing!
Stuttering/Freezing
Quote from Not Sure :I get the stuttering / freezing problem when player is connecting or leaving the garage.

Same thing here, not really annoying, but noticeable

P4 3,4 Ghz
2 GB RAM
gForce 7600GT

No stuttering with LFS S2 W on the same PC
I'm using Vista x64. Will there ever be a fix to stop screen saver or power management from kicking in when your using a steering wheel, and the mouse does not get used.
I would rather not have to disable that feature.
Think I've had a no-sound bug. I thought it was my system.. had to restart the PC to fix it. Since then, I've seen numerous people report the same thing. Now I found and spoke to someone suffering the problem right this minute, and we've gone through everything except a reboot.

The attached screenshot is the symptom common to both of us. The sound toggle doesn't work. It always shows Sound Off when we hit Shift+N.

Other applications work/ed for both of us (I was able to play MP3s etc), he can play Counterstrike etc, all with sound. So I have to conclude that it's a bug, though how to deliberately reproduce it I can't begin to guess. We can't think of anything we've both done to lose sound. Gotta file it now I know it's not exclusive to my system though.
Attached images
sound_off.jpg
I can second Sam's report, but didn't need a reboot to fix it.
Quote from SamH :Think I've had a no-sound bug. I thought it was my system.. had to restart the PC to fix it. Since then, I've seen numerous people report the same thing. Now I found and spoke to someone suffering the problem right this minute, and we've gone through everything except a reboot.

The attached screenshot is the symptom common to both of us. The sound toggle doesn't work. It always shows Sound Off when we hit Shift+N.

Other applications work/ed for both of us (I was able to play MP3s etc), he can play Counterstrike etc, all with sound. So I have to conclude that it's a bug, though how to deliberately reproduce it I can't begin to guess. We can't think of anything we've both done to lose sound. Gotta file it now I know it's not exclusive to my system though.

I was there with him, and I ALSO have this bug. no sound what so ever. Music either. Sound works fine on all my other games just fine tho.

How to reproduce(what i did anyways):
Updated to W47 Patch.
Click LFS
Click Multiplayer
Click Window Mode= No
Joined Bug Test Server
No Sound!
(then augured with some guy that was trying to convince me its my sound card, but obviously not.)
Quote from Belain :ive just seen something...

i was racing on fe club with the lx6 and it was a 10lap race...
in lap 5 somebody changed the laps down to 1 lap, with probably /laps 1.

the race didnt end in the next lap nor did it end after 10laps...it just continued for some other reason!

This bug (feature?) has been around for a long time.

Also noticed that you can't set 138 laps with /laps, it will only accept 130 or 140, nothing inbetween (same for any number of laps above 100?), I assume this is intentional. When you think of it, it doesn't really matter whether you have a 140 or 141 lap race...
Anyway... racing on Test servers is fun for me
Quote from HeerBommel :I logged in at bug test server2, in a race with 42 connections and 32 racers, I joined the race in lap 4 and when the other drivers passed me I didn't see a blue flag ??, is this a bug ???
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u118/rayman62/W47.jpg
Question: what does the "R" mean in front of two racers on place 12 and 13 ?

edit: in my 2nd race I did see blue flags when I was lapped....

" R " It means that they voted to restart the race.
Um should it work when i rewrite files in version W? i thought its not compatible with this version, but it works
EDIT: "A FULL version of LFS S2 ALPHA W must already be installed!" aha
My god, patch x is supposed to be released today but after all these new "bugs" being reported here I'm not so sure anymore.... Of course I'm not gonna whine about it, I'll just wait it out on the bug test server!
Quote from AlienT. :screenshot at last....couldn't attach it previously as I'd copied it to word...file probably too big.

I will get the mpr and attach that as well when I figure out how to do it...doh I'm such a techno-retard.

It seems you are missing the .ban files in the data\move folder. There should be 32 driver animation files in there.

Quote from HeerBommel :I logged in at bug test server2, in a race with 42 connections and 32 racers, I joined the race in lap 4 and when the other drivers passed me I didn't see a blue flag ??, is this a bug ???
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u118/rayman62/W47.jpg
Question: what does the "R" mean in front of two racers on place 12 and 13 ?

edit: in my 2nd race I did see blue flags when I was lapped....

No, it's not a bug, you don't get blue flags if you are nowhere near the racing line, and therefore not causing an obstruction. The R means those racers have voted to restart.

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :My god, patch x is supposed to be released today but after all these new "bugs" being reported here I'm not so sure anymore.... Of course I'm not gonna whine about it, I'll just wait it out on the bug test server!

No I think it's fine. I don't see any new or show-stopper bugs here. I've fixed the demo banning bug and I'm going to have a look at SHIFT+U mode optimisation, it may be just an hour's work or so, that gives us plenty of tetsing time while I prepare the full versions and get things in place for today's release.
great work Scawen!
woohooo, I can't wait for the evening :hyper:
I spose that would mean in the wee hours of Saturday morning for us Aussies. Excellent work Scawen and the LFS community. I think that this is by far the best way to release bug free official patches But then again what would I know.
it is evening?
Quote from Scawen :It seems you are missing the .ban files in the data\move folder. There should be 32 driver animation files in there.

For information.

The 32 .ban files are actually there in my original data\script\move folder. All was initially ok when I first installed and ran with W47. I remember the 'standing racer' issue happening after I returned to normal view mode from playing around in shift-U mode? Maybe just coincidence.

Anyway, I have newly installed patch W to another folder and all is fine with that installation. W47, with the new install, is also all well and good so far.

Also sorry for being such a noob guys, but is there an easy way to uninstall my original LFS installation? LFS does not show up in my Control panel add/remove program list and I can't seem to see any uninstall references in my old LFS directory. Thanks for any help with this.

Regards,

Struan Robertson

TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG