The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
I get the stuttering / freezing problem when player is connecting or leaving the garage.

athlon xp 2500+
radeon 9800
1gig ram
Quote from Not Sure :I get the stuttering / freezing problem when player is connecting or leaving the garage.

athlon xp 2500+
radeon 9800
1gig ram

I haves it on old net provider and old pc... :P

Now I have same broadband, 1mb, but other provider, and new hardware. Working pretty cool on high details, no more freezing. So, its be provider I think.. U gettin little lag..
Quote from Blackout :BTW, does LFS calculate something for the cars you can't see. Because, at least in shift+u, if you look in the direction where there are a pile of cars coming towards you the fps gets lower, well shown in the first lap. Well, could it even possible to optimize something like that, or is it always calculating the closest cars even you don't see them?

It seems it calculates all in SHIFT+U and you even dont have have to look at the cars.http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=31698&d=1180817232
No need to bash Scawen with the SHIFT+U thingy moore.
Quote from DeKo :was on the bug test server last night, something really weird happened with the start. I dont quite know what, but it either looks like 2 people spawned on the same spot, or somebody went forward very fast straight away and got spawned on top of, i cant tell from the replay. If its the driving forward then it isnt a bug, but i just need somebody else to see what it is, and maybe help if its a bug or not. might aswell post it anyway, if it actually is a bug.

Did you try putting it in slow motion?
Quote from Zipppy :Did you try putting it in slow motion?

yeah, and i still couldnt really piece together what actually happened.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :It seems it calculates all in SHIFT+U and you even dont have have to look at the cars.http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=31698&d=1180817232
No need to bash Scawen with the SHIFT+U thingy moore.

No, no, don't get me wrong there. Though the shift+u optimization was more about the graphical thing, but I guess it was the shift+u thing which was talked a lot then. Didn't realise that, sorry!
One question..

Is about the new ban/kick system. If the player that is being voted for get kick or ban, leave server, whats happend?
Quote from ESPAÑA[XTM] :One question..

Is about the new ban/kick system. If the player that is being voted for get kick or ban, leave server, whats happend?

if vote be completed, he be banned:P simple.
to the ban system: on the screenshot is to be seen, that when scawen leaves, there is 1 vote less required to ban him - so I suggest that the one who is to be baned should not be taken into the calculation of how many votes are required
Quote :If the player that is being voted for get kick or ban, leave server, whats happend?

If the vote was to kick it's cancelled (as it's not longer necessary). If the vote was to ban, it remains valid so you can still ban a player who just left.
Quote from Blackout :BTW, does LFS calculate something for the cars you can't see. Because, at least in shift+u, if you look in the direction where there are a pile of cars coming towards you the fps gets lower, well shown in the first lap. Well, could it even possible to optimize something like that, or is it always calculating the closest cars even you don't see them?

imho this is an indication that the problem isnt so much the physics calculation but the graphics code
either that the gpu has an oddly high amount of work to do or that the close tie between physics and graphics in lfs causes an unreasonably high additional load on the cpu to apply all the physics to the representation of the car before they get sent to the gpu
Quote from Shotglass :imho this is an indication that the problem isnt so much the physics calculation but the graphics code
either that the gpu has an oddly high amount of work to do or that the close tie between physics and graphics in lfs causes an unreasonably high additional load on the cpu to apply all the physics to the representation of the car before they get sent to the gpu

My guess is also at the CPU. This weekend I did a race with 19 AI's and myself on Blackwood reversed and while most of the cars were driving around the corner, my pc (see specs below) had a rough time keeping everything up to speed, while the FPS only go down from 60 to around 40.
no i don't have anything insim i just installed the test patches ,i'll download the full version with X patch and see what happens after you release it i don't mind to wait a few secs before i press the back button , it's a pity i don't have a fast connection so i can race with 32 racers online and test the latest test patch more but i guess they are saved from my laggy start(old cpu can't handle so many cars at start at decent frame rate) [ can't wait for AI improvements and the updates of Eric later and btw i think the visual of lfs is far better than any DX9 sim out there (just the textures needs to be more high res) ]

Keep up the good work! thanks!

[quote=Scawen;447174]Just wondering, did you / do you have an InSim program attached to your LFS? It's possible that this affects the way the "connects" are closed.
kick / ban doesn't works for me in last test patch
NIKI,
if you would be more specific that would help
i press kick next to someone's name on connection list and nothing happens like i didn't press it, it just doesnt work for me.
i've just extracted lfs test patch again, and its ok now, no worries
Standing Drivers.....on test patch W47??
No I have not been drinking, but all the drivers in test server are racing whilst standing up??

Attached are screenshots....very strange I have not seen this before and have been on the test server earlier today.

The developers might have told us that they were adding new vehicles to patch X....Pope mobiles
Hi there,
raced one the Bug 2 Server. Did a replay. Left the server.
Watched the replay - pressed escape.
Went into options menu.
klicked on the various option menues inthere but nothing happened.
Instead I got these mgs. " Pls. wait - a player is connecting". ( see file )
I was not online.
Add. there was no way to get out of the option menu but pressing the escape button.
Couldn´t reproduce this fault. See att. file.
Attached images
Unavngivet12.JPG
screenshot at last....couldn't attach it previously as I'd copied it to word...file probably too big.

I will get the mpr and attach that as well when I figure out how to do it...doh I'm such a techno-retard.
Attached images
standing drivers.JPG
That is really funny! I was spectating on same server when you posted the comments, everything looked normal to me so it must be something on yr machine. Have you modified the suit skin files at all?
Quote from Rtsbasic :"CLOSED then RESUMED"

Ooh, actually, I had this come up, just the once, a few test patches ago. Nothing came of it. I didn't have any InSim programs running.

Quote from AlienT. :screenshot at last

Haha! *saves*
Looks like they got a call from their mother ship
I logged in at bug test server2, in a race with 42 connections and 32 racers, I joined the race in lap 4 and when the other drivers passed me I didn't see a blue flag ??, is this a bug ???
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u118/rayman62/W47.jpg
Question: what does the "R" mean in front of two racers on place 12 and 13 ?

edit: in my 2nd race I did see blue flags when I was lapped....

TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG