The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
No, the vote is never cancelled unless :

1) host cancels it
2) it's a kick vote and the player leaves (no need to kick now)
3) the vote expires
Quote from spyshagg :i get "unknown command" when i try to unlock s2

Scawen forgot to upload\register the new EXE to the master server me thinks.
OK the exe is now in place on master server.
obrigado!

oh, i only have 1 unlock... if i use it today, i wont be able to use another tomorrow (patch x)
Quote from Scawen :OK the exe is now in place on master server.

You should put big sticker on your monitor frame..
"UPDATE the MASTER server with new .EXE"

and thanks for answering my question about the new voting system.I know it must have been frustrating over the last few weeks.Will be there soon some kitchen report since we didnt have for a while LFS report?
well you don't need to unlock so that's ok

and you get a new unlock on friday as well
Working very well here. Small thing. When qualifying there is a countdown which is actually quite useless...
and waiting path X... :bump:

tks Scawen
hmmmm very funny bug. if you start a vote in a demo server and the vote finishes you are the who will get the kick/ban (that should teach the stupid IDI team a lesson or two), also when you are banned and try to connect to the same host you get banned from it does not say HOST REFUSES CONNECTION it says did not receive track info.
Bug I don't see mentioned yet.. start LFS in full screen, it goes to window'd mode on the server list, click to join a server as usual, and while its loading the track etc (still window'd), go and do stuff in another window. When LFS finishes loading & connecting it takes over full screen, but doesn't have focus, have to alt-tab to gain control. Easy to reproduce. Works also if you switch back to LFS while its connecting to check the status, and click away again.
Don't know if this is a regression, or even reproducable, but when I set a new pb on the final lap of the race (which was also the fastest lap of the race), i got the msg saying my time was fastest for the race, but no message saying i'd set a new pb.
Quote from Rtsbasic :Bug I don't see mentioned yet.. start LFS in full screen, it goes to window'd mode on the server list, click to join a server as usual, and while its loading the track etc (still window'd), go and do stuff in another window. When LFS finishes loading & connecting it takes over full screen, but doesn't have focus, have to alt-tab to gain control. Easy to reproduce. Works also if you switch back to LFS while its connecting to check the status, and click away again.

I think this is a Microsoft Windows issue, such things happen in other games too.
Hello Scawen i have a bug here that happen every time .

Do this fast without wait to much thru the clicks :

Load LFS ,go multiplayer then display list of games (in window mode), after it finish the list i press Back and then back again ... i get a crash to desktop without any message...

ps. if i wait a little time before i press the last BACK button i don't get the crash

thanks
(patch W47)
Quote from psy00 :Hello Scawen i have a bug here that happen every time .

Load LFS ,go multiplayer then display list of games (in window mode), after it finish the list i press Back and then back again ... i get a crash to desktop without any message...

ps. if i wait a little time before i press the last BACK button i don't get the crash

thanks
(patch W47)

Yep, I got something like that too. Pressed back twice in the list of games screen, and then a screen came up with "Closing 2 connects", then LFS crashed.
Quote from psy00 :Hello Scawen i have a bug here that happen every time .

thanks
(patch W47)

Doesn't happen here
it happens every time with me , doesn't happen with W , i have athlonxp 2400+ ati 9800pro / 1g ram
Small bug..few secs after the race ended, I had the message:

"CLOSED then RESUMED"

displayed in the chat. No-one else in the server had it, and it doesn't show in the mpr either. I've attached the mpr anyway, incase it has anything useful.
Attached files
BUG.mpr - 438 KB - 204 views
Cannot reproduce this either, just tried a few times.

Quote from psy00 :

i made a reboot and tried again now i see the "Closing 2 connects" the Gil07 mention above ....
Just wondering, did you / do you have an InSim program attached to your LFS? It's possible that this affects the way the "connects" are closed.

I've noted the Demo kick / ban bug as a high priority thing to fix this evening. I'll also have a look at the SHIFT+U mode optimisation, though I can't promise anything, it's not a bug, it's just a slightly tough thing to solve, needing code that is slightly intelligent. And I'm not sure if the ideas I have for it will work. Obviously the general idea involves detecting which are the nearest visible cars and putting them in high resolution physics while the others stay in low resolution physics. This is quite a different problem in SHIFT+U mode where you don't have a "currently viewed car" in the same way as you do with all the game cameras.
Scawen dont bother with the shift+U FPS drop issue now.I only asked for that and reported as its quite annyoing but really doesnt affect gameplay.I know this is due to missing optimization.This can have a bit lower priority.Only video makers could be very unhappy.

Just a quick question.Could be there please a couple of teasing pictures about what is Eric working on.There have not been any for a very long time.I just asked and you dont have to answer this or react.Just ignore it if it bothers you.
BTW, does LFS calculate something for the cars you can't see. Because, at least in shift+u, if you look in the direction where there are a pile of cars coming towards you the fps gets lower, well shown in the first lap. Well, could it even possible to optimize something like that, or is it always calculating the closest cars even you don't see them?
Quote from Scawen :OK the exe is now in place on master server.

I find it heartwarming that even a godlike genius such as yourself can still forget to upload the exe 2 times out of ten.
I lost connection to the server several times while racing. Sometimes I could race the hole race to the end (5 laps). It seemed to happen between races, but not always then.

Other few players were losing connection also. It might be because of the many racers (30+).

When I went to play online with the official W patch, these problems vanished. Also there was lot less ppl online.
So its not my ISP or my connection, I think

E: Bug test server 1 & 2

TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG