The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :seen this also when joining servers in spec mode. And I was not lagging. Changes sometimes when different player is selected. Is not specific to this patch though. Guess something gets not drawn right. Never had it while driving thank god.

oh sorry.
Quote from hotmail :okey thx for the answere , btw. this is better english (some teamm8 helped me, thx ZWR|MIKE)
i dont think it can be currupted because i just downloaded the test patch and i made a new ;fresh W patch yesterday. and that is also why i saw the new chances in the binds

reintjan

hotmail, just to confirm - the key bindings have NOT changed.

EDIT: Sorry see below, I was mainly referring to the fact that F5 is still hi
Quote from hotmail :okey thx for the answere , btw. this is better english (some teamm8 helped me, thx ZWR|MIKE)
i dont think it can be currupted because i just downloaded the test patch and i made a new ;fresh W patch yesterday. and that is also why i saw the new chances in the binds

Yes, sorry, I tested and these are apparently the new binds. I didn't change it recently and I'm not sure why they were changed, I guess it was when the scripting system was done some time ago and I probably wanted to leave better groups of keys free for people writing scripts. But I think it's best to leave it the way it is now and it's been this way for some time. You can program them those to whatever you want you want
on w43... I've joined the bugserver 2 host (bl gp/tbo) (1-4pm bst) it was right after the start of the race.... straight shift+j(they've just started the race) and that what I've noticed (check the shots).
---
I mean, look at the colours of some of them, they look like lapped. btw, as the race started, I thought it was some 3-5 secs from that and it allowed me to join.
Attached images
lfs_00000019.jpg
lfs_00000020.jpg
I found a weird thing:
I disabled "full screen vertical sync" and the game started to not recognize all the mouse wheel inputs (i change gears with my mouse wheel). I tested this by re enabling the option. The gears changed every time, again. When i disabled the option, the second time, it had the same effect.
Didn't try to quit the game with v-syc disabled and re enter to see if it stops missing gear shifts.
Quote from pigmeu :I found a weird thing:
I disabled "full screen vertical sync" and the game started to not recognize all the mouse wheel inputs (i change gears with my mouse wheel). I tested this by re enabling the option. The gears changed every time, again. When i disabled the option, the second time, it had the same effect.
Didn't try to quit the game with v-syc disabled and re enter to see if it stops missing gear shifts.

Just tried to do this, couldnt reproduce it..
Can be folder only for default skins? I must always copy all skins, but today I will try find defaults and delete the others.
I don't know if this is a real bug, but yesterday i accidently switched to non-compressed skins in Graphicsmenu, just to switch it back.
At that moment, i was spectating Bug Test Server 2, it seems like the whole texture cache was deleted (tracks texture and cars), it took around three laps (like ~5min) to load everything again
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from Dj-Aeri :I don't know if anyone else asked this question but, we have to wait to path Y to use the AI's again?

AI's can be used with W45 and the upcoming patch X.
Not much has chanced to them, so they're more or less the same as with patch W. Scawen said he starts working on them after patch X.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Yea...
Yea, aside from the fact that they just need to be faster, I also want to see them react better to other cars... Like actually go around them and not just go single file, lol. And they need to stop hitting the same wall every single time... idiots.
Kick and Ban Voting update - W47
i get "unknown command" when i try to unlock s2
Hope thats not the final solution for the kick/ban vote system. The reason why kick-votes didn't work before, from my pov, was that people didn't specify the reason for the kick. I won't vote yes if i don't know what the suspected person did (sad enough that some do). Good thing would be if every time you start a kick/ban-vote, you get a text-box where you must type in the reason for the vote in a short sentence.
Quote :Kick and ban votes never need more than eight people to vote

sorry for stupid question,but how this work on the server where is equal or less then 8 people? All must vote?

I think the best solution would be the percentage of actually driving players but thats just my opinion.
-
(Geladric) DELETED by Geladric
I will vote if any of my friends vote against someone, as I trust their judgment. Also, if someone gets a ban vote and i am spectating I will tend to watch them to see what their general behaviour is like.

It's easy enough to hit the kick button then type a message. Open to abuse though - Someone hits kick then "Wrecker" are you more or less likely to vote? Can you believe what is typed if you don't know the accuser? A step to far for this late in the patch process, but worth debating for the future.
DEDI w47
If I dont set ip address in setup.cfg /reinit will crash the server(in deb.log there is line "tcp socket:" ), otherwise everything is fine.
Is this normal behaviour? Should we always set ip?
just to show you how well the new ban system works
Attached images
scawen.jpg
lol, nice.
hehehe, you banned Scawen... all in the name of testing.
nice the new ban system, does it also works, when a new player is connecting or does it still cancel the vote?
Quote from DEVIL 007 :sorry for stupid question,but how this work on the server where is equal or less then 8 people? All must vote?

I think the best solution would be the percentage of actually driving players but thats just my opinion.

It's the same as before, except that no more than 8 are required to vote in any case.
Okay Scawen, I have continued testing on my Vista notebook, and the mirror bug doesn't seem to exist anymore, so you can say that thus far LFS works seemlessly on Vista.
(Incase you were trying to fix the code)

TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG