The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
Quote from Mike85 :I meant not going to SHIFT+U but in regular spectator the ability to turn the view anywhere around a spectated car.

You know like in GTA San Andreas where you can move the view around the car with the mouse (if you played it). Which I guess you didnt

Yes - that's what I meant too
Not shft-U

Next to where it says 'In Car' you can choose 'custom' as an alternative. Then there are various sliders to move the camera left/right/forward/back/up/down change pitch, FOV and rotation all while being attached to the car.
While at it, why not throw in option to disable restart voting.
i tried that yesterday, green r disappeared after pressing shift + r again, so i guess i disabled the vote like that.
Quote from Scawen :And you can also remove your existing vote (silently) by pressing the same vote again.

Sorry for posting these quotes all the time. I just happen to read alot ...

Any way, I think maybe hx meant disabling the ability to restart a race through voting alltogether. Meaning that the race could only be restarted by an admin or a script.

(Which, in fact, could be achieved by insim already.)
That option has been in there since 0.04 or so, I think.

EDIT : Sorry, that was /vote I was thinking of and it's nothing to do with track voting.

No, I won't be adding new features. The patch is planned for friday, I'm not looking for new features.
?about voting system
vote=0
vote=100
vote=75
vote=50
[in %]
etc.

configurable, everyone may be satisfied, depend on server "situation" - demo/licensed; more public/less public/moderated/event...

(maybe applicable on other several currently "static" settings - allows to servers be more ... characterful, ufff)
Quote from [d9] :?about voting system
vote=0
vote=100
vote=75
vote=50
[in %]
etc.

configurable, everyone may be satisfied, depend on server "situation" - demo/licensed; more public/less public/moderated/event...

(maybe applicable on other several currently "static" settings - allows to servers be more ... characterful, ufff)

I have the best suggestion of all

Why not let Scawen get on with fixing the bugs that are present so we can have Patch 'X' ???

Put your requests where they belong!

Have a nice day
Quote from CharlieP :I have the best suggestion of all

Why not let Scawen get on with fixing the bugs that are present so we can have Patch 'X' ???

Put your requests where they belong!

Have a nice day

TEST Patch W44
Now updated to W44 :

Updates :

New command /hlog to set host log file - command /log is now local
Used top left temporary message for CTRL+TAB and other functions
Increased message history size to 20 stored + 20 recent (was 16)
Improved the code that relays car position updates to guests

InSim :

Added some info to one of the spare bytes in the MCI packet

Fixes :

FIX : Drag strip now has a constant start lights interval
FIX : Added /hidetext=no/yes command to docs/commands.txt

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25446
Quote from Scawen :Improved the code that relays car position updates to guests

I figured I'd join when I read this -... I had 350ms+ ping in the server list so I thought it'd be really laggy but to my surprise, it wasn't at all, at least when there were 10 people on track or so! That's quite a significant improvement for me, thanks! When more people joined though, I thought I'd leave because things got a bit laggy and I didn't want to ruin anyone's race.

EDIT: Just looked at Tristan's ping below... the jealousy...
Hmmm. This can't be right!
Patch W44

Full servers: Off

What can I see? A full server!?!?!
Attached images
hmmmm.jpg
well, someone joined after you got the list from the master and before you pinged the server.
-
(AndroidXP) DELETED by AndroidXP
Refreshed several times... By the time I had made the jpg it had sorted itself out. Doesn't bother me, but just thought you'd like to know 'just in case'. It'll probably never happen again

No, still happening, no matter how many times I refresh...
Quote from Scawen :well, someone joined after you got the list from the master and before you pinged the server.

no, i just tried that and full servers are listed, when full server filter is activated (refreshed several times)
Ah, it's probably when it's not actually full but its join queue is full.

Because the master server doesn't know the state of the host's join queue.

So if there are 40 people connected and another 7 still connecting, that will come up as 47/47 in the list of games, though the master would have sent you the host thinking it had 40 people connected.
Hi, the only problem I seem to have in these last test patches, is some random disconnects...They usually happen after a race.

Normally I would have checked my net connection, but since I don't even see the lag bar growing before popping me out, I thought it might be related to the patches? I don't see how mentioning it could help though, since I can't show anything for it.

By the way, my internet connection raaaaarely disconnected me before this last batch of patches.
My FPS is better under SHIFT-U around 20-30 now instead if under 10. You must have changed that also
anxious and waiting path X...

tks Scawen
I am using W45 patch and got suddenly disconnected from the Bug test server 2.Couldnt get back for 20 seconds with message "user already online".
Then I thought I am in queue and getting finally back on server. I connected abd I got disconnected again after 1 second with following JOOS message

and then got message "Did not receive Ok" or something like that.

EDITED:Cant really get back.I tried again to connect and I got message from 1 player saying something and then got meesage "did not received info from all players". What the hell.Didnt have such a problems I remember playing LFS:-(

I have also small report regarding the new DDS skin system.
When we have been using JPEG it was fine but now I am getting like 1/2 sec freeze when I am online and someone new join and the skin get converted to DDS.I really didnt have these freeze before.

While you Scawen said that it should improve things it got actually worse on my PC:-(.
I'm guessing this is lag related, but it's not something I've ever seen before W45. Replay attached.
there are the last view patchs big chance on the short cuts/binds.

i can understand why you chanced shift-s to shift-p because the shift pit.
but i don't understand why you chanced the f5=hi to ctrl f3
and the ctrl f5+bye to ctrl f4=bye

also the chances in the /w pb (f8)

i hope you maybe can tell the idea bihind it or just give a reasen why it is chanced. it really sucks when you using already for 4 years the old onces

i hope u understand it, srry for bad english

reintjan
Quote from hotmail :there are the last view patchs big chance on the short cuts/binds.

i can understand why you chanced shift-s to shift-p because the shift pit.

You could change them back... They are configurable under the Misc options menu.
Quote from hotmail :i can understand why you chanced shift-s to shift-p because the shift pit.

also the chances in the /w pb (f8)

i hope you maybe can tell the idea bihind it or just give a reasen why it is chanced. it really sucks when you using already for 4 years the old onces

I didn't change any of the f keys. That sounds quite strange, like you had a corrupted keys file or something. You can restore it to default by deleting the data\misc\fkeys.msg file before you start LFS. I won't add this one to my bug sheet unless anyone else reports it, I'll have to put it down to a one-off glitch in your computer or hard drive.
Quote from Scawen :I didn't change any of the f keys. That sounds quite strange, like you had a corrupted keys file or something. You can restore it to default by deleting the data\misc\fkeys.msg file before you start LFS. I won't add this one to my bug sheet unless anyone else reports it, I'll have to put it down to a one-off glitch in your computer or hard drive.

okey thx for the answere , btw. this is better english (some teamm8 helped me, thx ZWR|MIKE)
i dont think it can be currupted because i just downloaded the test patch and i made a new ;fresh W patch yesterday. and that is also why i saw the new chances in the binds

Quote :There have been big differences in the shortcuts/binds in the last few patches

i can understand why you chanced shift-s to shift-p because the shift pit, but i can't understand why you changed the f5=hi to ctrl f3

also the changes in the /w pb (f8)

i hope you maybe can tell the idea behind it or why it is changed. it really sucks when you're already used to the old ones for 4 years

i hope u understand it, srry for bad english

reintjan

TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG