The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
TEST Patch W48
Is this patch compatible with W41?
No, it's incompatible because it includes a new voting system.
One of the most important updates in this whole series of test patches:

Quote :Votes do not expire and are not reset when a player joins host
Ready on game setup screen is not reset when a player connects

#4 - RiGun
I'll tried to reproduce the black screen bug and now It doesn't happen any more will keep looking for new ways to reproduce to see if it is totally bug proof.
What does "Vote 0" mean when somebody does connect (does it indicate the total number of votes currently being made?)
I get the error: "ConnectToMaster : Error Opening Socket" when i try to connect to the Master Server to get the server list..(in-game error)

But thanks for the patch...

I hope Patch X will be released very soon... ;-)
^ Works fine here.

Okay, black screen bug seems to be fixed for me. Switching screen mode is notably slower - not slow, just slower than before - but no BSOD () so far.
Quote from Lionclaw23 :What does "Vote 0" mean when somebody does connect (does it indicate the total number of votes currently being made?)

debug message he forgot to delete

Quote from AndroidXP :Okay, black screen bug seems to be fixed for me. Switching screen mode is notably slower - not slow, just slower than before - but no BSOD () so far.

noticed that too apparently comes from reiniting controllers every time you shift f4
If it doesn't already, it'd be great to get a vote counter somewhere on-screen. Somewhat like the vote-counter we currently get for kick/ban votes, but perhaps more permanently displayed until the vote is decided? It'd be nice to know how close you are to completing it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :If it doesn't already, it'd be great to get a vote counter somewhere on-screen. Somewhat like the vote-counter we currently get for kick/ban votes, but perhaps more permanently displayed until the vote is decided? It'd be nice to know how close you are to completing it.

i does show green "R"s on the connection list instead of the controller type for everyone who voted

Quote from Scawen :Current vote is shown beside player name and in connection list

The first time I started LFS.exe after patching I got nothing but a black screen. Hasn't happened again so far.
2 things>
1. when starting LFS for the first time and just after clicking, i select another program so the focus is somewhere else, LFS runs, but the tab in the status bar (the gray one usually at the bottom edge of the monitor, which shows all running programs) does not appear, when alt+tabing and selecting lfs the tab appears... using win2000.. i'm not able to reproduce it when starting lfs for the second time (unless i restart the computer) because lfs's window appears too quickly for me to change to another program...
2. some people get the message "Warning : Road tyres on rallycross track" with GTR on WE rev...
Slightly off topic, but since the skin management has been worked on in this series of test patches here goes.

Could there please be an additional option; not to download/apply skins during races? or add the ability to modify the download skins setting with a /command (ultimately a script).

(The convertion to DDS has helped slightly, but I'm still experiencing stutter occasionally.)
i am aware that this is not the place for suggestions but ive just noticed that votes dont show on the restults list which is what you usually will see on screen when the restart votes come in

also i think the way messages are displayed needs some work done its rather messy on a server as big as the bug test ones

Quote from Chaos :2. some people get the message "Warning : Road tyres on rallycross track" with GTR on WE rev...

don again ?
they should delete the racing line file and stay on the road more
#15 - Gunn
I can't connect to the master server with 42. *Or with any version. Port is forwarded, it's always worked forever. Rebooted etc. Dunno what's up.
Quote from felplacerad :Could there please be an additional option for not downloading/applying skins ingame? or add the ability to modify the download skins setting via a /command (script).

You mean something like Options->Misc->Car skins download [off|512|1024] (though, I don't think you can change that via script)?
Quote from Shotglass :i does show green "R"s on the connection list instead of the controller type for everyone who voted

Yeah, I saw that and I suppose it'll do. I was thinking more of a (22/32) kind of display, but I'm sure we'll get used to the green Rs.
Quote from Krane :You mean something like Options->Misc->Car skins download [off|512|1024] (though, I don't think you can change that via script)?

It's the ability to change the setting via a script im asking for.
Just two small suggestions, please delete my post if it does not fit here:

1. Would be nice to have more than just one mandatory pitstop (e.g. the DTM, which has two mandatory pitstops)

2. It would be nice to know if a player has made his/her pitstop(s), so what about a little marker at every Players name (also DTM-like) and/or at the car itself? DTM has two lights at the side of the cars, one light for every pitstop you have made.

Would be nice features I think...
Quote from felplacerad :
Could there please be an additional option for not downloading/applying skins ingame? .

Tried to ask this from Scawen as you noticed, because I think he said in the stutter conversation that skins are not downloaded during the race. I'm not sure how it is, but pretty sure it's the skins which cause the small stutter every now and then, at least for me, it's either the download process from LFSW or when it's loaded in the memory (or however it goes tecnically, but for game to use) when someone exits the pits.
and one more thing> there are 2 czech language versions in LFS> one without special czech letters and one with them... cestina.txt is the one without those special characters and should be deleted...
Restart vote remains persistant if player goes to spectate, which is contrary to previous behaviour where by spectators couldnt vote.
Quote from Gunn :I can't connect to the master server with 42. *Or with any version. Port is forwarded, it's always worked forever. Rebooted etc. Dunno what's up.

I had the same prob Gunn, need to remove the LFS master server line in your HOSTS file
#24 - Gunn
Quote from danowat :I had the same prob Gunn, need to remove the LFS master server line in your HOSTS file

Thanks mate, that did the trick.
#25 - MR_B
Quote from the_angry_angel :Restart vote remains persistant if player goes to spectate, which is contrary to previous behaviour where by spectators couldnt vote.

If that's the case then there's a problem when only 32 can race, but 47 can spectate... as you would have to get a lot more racers to vote :\ ?

Edit: If it allows racers to vote, then spectate and keep the vote. But still bans spectators from voting then ignore my post. It's a good idea.

TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG