The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
Quote from AlienT. :
Also sorry for being such a noob guys, but is there an easy way to uninstall my original LFS installation? LFS does not show up in my Control panel add/remove program list and I can't seem to see any uninstall references in my old LFS directory. Thanks for any help with this.

LFS isn't registered anywhere like most of most of the software you install on your computer, LFS isn't actually installed it's just unzipped to the preferred folder. Deleting the folder deletes LFS, simple as that far as I know.
I had great fun racing on a packed 40 car server last night (BL1 TBO) this patch is gona be great! Thank you Devs.

Does anyone know:
Is there a sheduled release time?
Will all of the FXO & XRT records be reset?
If we hotlap with the patch can I upload the mpr to ver X. (oops i mean spr)
Quote from anttt69 :Is there a sheduled release time?

Yes, soon!!

Quote from anttt69 :Will all of the FXO & XRT records be reset?

I don't think so, because the balancing is ONLINE thing only, I think.

Quote from anttt69 :If we hotlap with the patch can I upload the mpr to ver X.

hotlaps and .mpr's are different things!
Quote from Renku :Yes, soon!!

Soon when? 12pm, 3pm, GMT, BST? my right foot is itching
Prolly in the evening
at 25:00 GMT+666 :P
Quote from anttt69 :Soon when? 12pm, 3pm, GMT, BST? my right foot is itching

Soon today, or next Friday.... Only Scawen might have a clue when exactly, so if you want the patch to be delayed - ask him!
Quote from AlienT. :No I have not been drinking, but all the drivers in test server are racing whilst standing up??

Attached are screenshots....very strange I have not seen this before and have been on the test server earlier today.

The developers might have told us that they were adding new vehicles to patch X....Pope mobiles

I know why this is. I caused this in W when I messed about with the files for the race suit. I had corrupted or changed the file that contains the images of the drivers sitting down so it showed the driver stabding up instead. When I copied the file back all was OK. So just re-copy the folder that contains those files (I think they are in the dds folder).

Tell you what - looks pretty funny having the driver standing up in the MRT

EDIT: Ignore - just read Scawens answer
Quote from AlienT. :For information.

The 32 .ban files are actually there in my original data\script\move folder. All was initially ok when I first installed and ran with W47. I remember the 'standing racer' issue happening after I returned to normal view mode from playing around in shift-U mode? Maybe just coincidence.

There's the problem - it should be data\move not data\script\move and I think the mistake is when your mouse was moving at one time you accidentally clicked on the move folder and released when your pointer was over the script folder, so you dragged and dropped the whole move folder into the script folder - very easily done and there's no warning from windows like "are you sure you want to move this folder into another folder".

Quote from AlienT. :Also sorry for being such a noob guys, but is there an easy way to uninstall my original LFS installation? LFS does not show up in my Control panel add/remove program list and I can't seem to see any uninstall references in my old LFS directory. Thanks for any help with this.

Quote from Blackout :LFS isn't registered anywhere like most of most of the software you install on your computer, LFS isn't actually installed it's just unzipped to the preferred folder. Deleting the folder deletes LFS, simple as that far as I know.

As Blackout says, just delete your LFS folder, simple as that.
dev about the yellow writing u see when u downloaded a new skin its just says the same thing but yellow at for the past couple of days. I been trying to get a screen shot of it but no luck.
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion : question answered
Thanks Scawen and Blackout
Quote from traxxion :Iirc, that's when the downloaded (.jpg) skin gets converted to a .dds file. Nothing to worry about

ok thanks sorry for posting my post.
Final TEST : W48
W48 : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25446

Updates :

Improved frame rate in SHIFT+U mode when online

Fixes :

FIX : UDP send buffer size was too small for > 42 guests
FIX : Wrong person was kicked in kick or ban vote in demo
FIX : Could join a race with a car that was not allowed
Quote from Scawen :W48 : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25446

Updates :

Improved frame rate in SHIFT+U mode when online