The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I would make to kick/ban system a bit different.There are some id*** on the test servers and its really hard to kick/ban someone if all guys need to vote.I know some doesnt care so they dont vote.

What about putting the rule when 3/4 guys vote then person is kicked/banned.As I said its really hard now with so many people get rid of some morons.I dont like using these words but its really confusing racing with some poeple.

EDITED:I have been racing with NIKI and I can agree with him.Really hard to get rid of these people driving rubbish.

BUT

in demo times this was often a problem when a bunch of bad guys entered a server of 4 racing guys with 5 of their gang and banning all 4 racing guys couz they had the majority...
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I saw this JOOS several times last few days.
Is this a problem?

Hehe. Thats me.
Sometimes it happens.
Today it happend only once. Then an automatic reconnect and was fine.
The worst it was with W40 or 41, my every second connection failed.
Finally got my laptop, and it runs LFS amazingly, considerably faster than my desktop does.
It has vista, so here are some things that don't seem to work.

Some options\preferences aren't saved at all, my name and account etc. all works perfectly, even controller settings are saved; however, I have to change my view settings each time it boots up.

Not sure what is causing it, but it has happened every time I've started up LFS.

I'll update you more Scawen when I find what else isn't being saved.
Quote from MoonForce :BUT

in demo times this was often a problem when a bunch of bad guys entered a server of 4 racing guys with 5 of their gang and banning all 4 racing guys couz they had the majority...

I understand.The S2 servers are however not demo servers.Thats really different league.We need to find somwhow the system balanced.Its really hard to get rid of some players who drive unclean because everybody must vote.So what would be you suggestion?
Devil, not 100% of people need to vote to ban, only 50% need to.

Don't worry, the point about people leaving the host and that cancels the kick or ban vote that has been started against them, is already noted, let's not spam this thread.

I've got work to do and I have to read this thread to find out about serious issues. Please don't make me read dozens of repeated posts, also your SHIFT+U suggestion, haven't you seen how many times that has already been posted? Please keep down the spam, I don't need repeated posts.
#81 - FL!P
Do the lights turn green too early in multiplayer replays?

I watched a couple of mpr from yesterday evening's races on one of the test servers, and the delay between the lights turning green and the cars starting seems bigger in replays than in races. Is it just me?
Quote from N I K I :Scawen can you check this trade again, special look at post #7

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25462

Please, stop spamming me with repeats of the same info!

I've already said on this thread that it's noted.

I've been thinking about it and planning it. I don't need continual reminding, I don't have the memory span of a goldfish.
I'm sorry, i thought you didn't notice
I notice everything, on threads that I start. If I stop reading the thread, I close the thread.

So there's no need to spam me. It's so annoying, I woke up this morning and have been working on the system, now I check the forum and I get loads of repeat posts on the same subject, treating me like an idiot.

Anyway I accept your apology, thanks. Now I'll get on with the remaining things.
Good morning Scawen - nice to finally meet you on a server ! any chance we get a clue on your super-duper secret racing alias hehehe :P

Great work on the patch, but 30+ player racing is just insane and it's definately not as full of carnage as i thought.
Scawen, sorry for this, im knicking myself already for posting it, but ive got to get it out my system <possible improvement post warning>

The new persistant restart is great apart from (and maybe we will get used to it) when the old system would time out, it was like a reminder that you and others were trying to restart, now you can look in the connection list to see who is restarting, that is great but i rarely have the connection list up.

What im suggesting (and its probably going to take too long for patch x) is that when a vote is going the place where the first line of chat is, is to put a 'Vote: | Restart |' and fill the background (like between my bars with colour to see how near the vote is to succeeding, if there is a vote for qually too just add like this 'Vote: | Restart || Qualification |' and get rid of the 'x has voted for restart' spams that fill the chat instead pust This 'Vote: | Restart+1 |' or 'Vote: | Restart-1 |' for cancel or pit etc.

Im really sorry for posting this so late, but as you were directly changing this code the itch took me, feel free to hurt me in many ways.

Simon
Quote from FlintFredstone :now you can look in the connection list to see who is restarting, that is great but i rarely have the connection list up.

Just a little note, not only on the connection list, but also on the race position list. So at most you'd have to turn off F9 for a second...
Quote from MoHaX :Small improvement request. For a long time I missed of convinient view direction control. Lets define next statements:
Forward view direction = N
Rear view direction = S
Left, Right = W,E

If we press look left, we get W direction, if we press "Look rear" we get S view direction. My suggestion is: if we press "look left + look rear" give us NW view direction. I hope it's quite easy to implement and it will be very usefull feature.

I figured out if i press left and then hold it and then right i can look over schoulder so to say.
And the other way around. So this is kind of what you look for.
HI
I install the pacth and when i open the game appear a message: convert x skin
I need to cancel because I got 800 skins in my skins folder. Im skiner and I have a lot of skins in high quality.
I think that is bad idea convert the jpg skins in dds. I think that is a error like other games, to close the creation of skins only to the people that can convert it to dds.
Quote from Ts-020 :
I think that is a error like other games, to close the creation of skins only to the people that can convert it to dds.

No, you still put your own creations to the same folder than before in the same old jpg format. You don't have to convert them to dds yourself because LFS will handle it. The system was changed for memory reasons and should be more effective this way.

The conversion will take time, but don't worry.
Quote from Blackout :No, you still put your own creations to the same folder than before in the same old jpg format. You don't have to convert them to dds yourself because LFS will handle it. The system was changed for memory reasons and should be more effective this way.

The conversion will take time, but don't worry.

ok
No off-topic discussions please gents, read the rules.

Scawen - shuffled nearly 20 unnecessary posts to the clean up thread (in case you wondering why the thread suddenly got shorter).
#94 - Dru
bug - not really - but a real issue caused by extra players..

With the race lists sooooo long now interms of positions 30 plus, i can no longer use my RHS mirror as it is full tope to bottom of page with race order.

anything that can be done about this??

Cheers

Dru
The race order doesn't appear for me until I cross the finish line after a race has ended, or when i cross a sector split for qualifying where it is only displayed for about 5 seconds. Only on W17 did the qualifying positions list stay on constantly. After W26 it wasn't a constant thing.

As for the actual connections list, I cant see a need to have that list showing constantly while racing. If you vote for a restart do you need to see how many people have voted the entire time afterwards? It wont make the restart happen any sooner, could just keep racing and when the restart happens it happens.
#96 - hda
Quote from Scawen :I notice everything, on threads that I start. If I stop reading the thread, I close the thread.

So there's no need to spam me. It's so annoying, I woke up this morning and have been working on the system, now I check the forum and I get loads of repeat posts on the same subject, treating me like an idiot.

Anyway I accept your apology, thanks. Now I'll get on with the remaining things.

Hi Scawen,

I'm not a, lets say, forum wh*re, so I rarely feel like expressing my opinions about something in a forum.

Anyway, I don't think anyone in these forum considers you an idiot. I think they want to push the game forward so bad, by sugesting new and stuff that should be changed, that sometimes the same sugestion keeps getting posted again and again, to make sure you don't miss it.

As far as I'm concerned, you're doing a great job developing LFS.

Thanks
Quote from Mike85 :Also would be nice to have free mouse look from outside of a spectated car. Like a 360 degree camera. Could you try to squeeze that in for W44? It would be a sensation

Sorry for offtopic, but I think it could be done quite fast and easily.

Spectate another driver in in-car view then go to options and choose custom view. You can position the camera anywhere and point it in any direction you like. Is that what you meant?
Quote from Scawen :Devil, not 100% of people need to vote to ban, only 50% need to.

Don't worry, the point about people leaving the host and that cancels the kick or ban vote that has been started against them, is already noted, let's not spam this thread.

I've got work to do and I have to read this thread to find out about serious issues. Please don't make me read dozens of repeated posts, also your SHIFT+U suggestion, haven't you seen how many times that has already been posted? Please keep down the spam, I don't need repeated posts.

Its the same 50 percent rule for kick? Doesnt the rule apply for all people on the server?I think it should apply for the people acutally racing and people who just spectate shouldnt be involved.Dunno whats the best way to have it done most effective.

I was on the same server is NIKI yesterday and we couldnt get kick someone because the kick voting ended always at something like 19/21 or 17/21 etc.The racing was really nice but without option to kick such a people the fun was destroyed.I think NIKI can confirms it.

My post are never meant in way that I would treat you like i****.Never as I have BIG respect for your work.I just know sometimes when there are a lot of things to do something might slip from the mind(I know you sometimes forgot to update the master server with new patch for example ).

I will try to rememmebr for next time to not repeat things.Please take my appoologize for all things you dislike on my behaviour
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Its the same 50 percent rule for kick? Doesnt the rule apply for all people on the server?I think it should apply for the people acutally racing and people who just spectate shouldnt be involved.Dunno whats the best way to have it done most effective.

I was on the same server is NIKI yesterday and we couldnt get kick someone because the kick voting ended always at something like 19/21 or 17/21 etc.The racing was really nice but without option to kick such a people the fun was destroyed.I think NIKI can confirms it.

I can confirm that too, and I second the idea of only racers can vote and there are 50% needed (with the needed 16, we would have been able to get rid of you know I'm talking about ).

And the votes didnt stay on long enough, due to disconnecting etc.

Besides that, I had sometimes the prob, that I hit Shift+R quite often before I actually voted. Sometimes there was written "restart" in the middle of the screen, but I didnt vote, then vote canceled. Same for using Shift+P.

This often happens in the end of a race with a lot of chatting/pitting going on. That seems to block some votes/pitting from people.
Quote from Scawen :It's time to stop talking about the kicking and banning. I don't need it hammered into my brain as if it's a tent peg being bashed into a piece of wood. My head is not made of wood.

It's my job to note that there is an issue (only one vote at a time, the vote expiring when the target leaves) and deal with it. I'm dealing with it. Others, please, stop spamming the test patch threads with arguments about the kicking and banning. Just let me do my job.

:blank:

TEST Patch W48
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG