The online racing simulator

Poll : Horario para La copa FOX

Sabado 8 PM (-5GMT)
Entre semana a las 8 PM (-5GMT)
Sabado 12 pm (-5GMT)
Quote from NelsonGPV :
4.- El horario estoy por definirlo con la televisora, no se si estaremos en vivo o sera pregrabado, eso cambia mucho las cosas ya que si es pregrabado, las carreras podran hacerse durante la semana, si es en vivo la carrera sera sabado o domingo por las mañanas. Es por eso que no les he dado horario definitivo.

Si se pudiera elegir creo que la mejor opcion seria la transmision en diferido Nelson, porque asi uds podrian preparan mejor el video a transmitirse, y tambien podrian definir mejor los horarios y para asegurarte de q esten todos hasta se podria hacer la carrera una semana antes, sabado o domingo en un horario q permita estar a Europa y America, presentes.

Saludos
Quote from NelsonGPV :2.- El primer warmup se llevara acabo el martes 15 de mayo a las 9:00 pm hora de mexico. Esta carreras servira para conocernos y aplicar el reglamento haremos un ensayo con el safty car que aun no estoy convencido de usarlo durante el champ.

Ahi estare de safety car
Revision de horarios...
Quote from NeoArnold :para los españoles son las 4 o 5 de la madrugada, creo que o bien deberia ser mucho mas temprano, o mas tarde como a las 10 ú 11, porque se me hace mala onda que en los 2 champs, no pudieran participar por el horario

Gracias Neo tienen razon que paso con los españoles, mmm creeo que debemos correr este fin de semana el warmup dejame ver como me organizo con esoooo.

Saludos
Peru se hace presente....
JOvenes, a trabajar Peru llego y se hizo presente.

Si didio nos hizo alucinar ramon....

no se diga

wowwwww wowww wowww sin duda se van a juntar a competir no solo lo mejor de AV, sino tambien lo mejor de otros paises tambien, claro que los mejores son los de los WR, y hay muchisimos mas pilotos que estan cerquitita de ese WR, pero el nivel no solo lo da la velocidad, se necesitan tener muchos elementos, entre ellos, RESPETO, CARISMA, RESPONSABILIDAD, SIMPATIA, EXPERIENCIA, LIDERASGO, PRESICION, ETC. ETC. que sin duda los convocados para este campeonato, lo tiene, felicidades...

VAMOS MEXICO !!! no estoy acostrumbado a ver a lalo rosas, jose casarin, alerick y compañia tan abajo, y eso que faltan algunos como RAYO de Argentina, un brasileño y otro español, se que el nivel es muy muy fuerte, pero animo, tambien nosotros los mexicanos estamos sufriendo en la COPA FZR con los extranjeros, asi que porras para aqui y porras para allá !!! SI SE PUEDE SI SE PUEDE !!!!
#56 - Rayo
Ya no falto mas, el que falta es un español, los brasileros ya conté 2 en el lapper asi que ya estan, faltan tambien uno de chile, uno o dos de colombia creo y Daniel de la C, Concremas y creo que nadie mas.
Horario para la primera carrera de Calentamiento
Analizando los dias pára organizarnos veo que hay mucha diferencia el los horarios de los que vamos a correr en fox.

Dejenme revisar bien los horarios con todos y vemos, publico el nuevo horario mas tarde disculpen mis cambios solo busco, hacerlo lo mas comodo para todos.

Saludos
Quote from NelsonGPV :Analizando los dias pára organizarnos veo que hay mucha diferencia el los horarios de los que vamos a correr en fox.

Dejenme revisar bien los horarios con todos y vemos, publico el nuevo horario mas tarde disculpen mis cambios solo busco, hacerlo lo mas comodo para todos.

Saludos

Nelson, hable con Ramon y recien estaria disponible los sabados a las 10 pm (trabajo), pero pensando un poco en los horarios de todos que te parece hacerla el domingo a las 9.30 am creo q seria un horario facil de cumplir para todos; que les parece la idea?

Saludos
Most leagues use a system (be it a lapper or a hotlap thing) to filter out who can race on which server or at all.
And that's a pretty fair way to do things.

Since this championship has it's pilots "locked" no matter what... don't you guys think it would be wise to have a 10-15min qualify run?

A lapper isn't the most fair method to organize a race starting grid.
One can get a lot of benefits from draft or even plain taking "shortcuts" (on some tracks) just to mention the most important elements.

Such a serious event should consider a qualify run.
It's the most fair (and true to the "real thing", after all this is a simulator) method and has a lot of potential for good television, because of the suspense from it.

Anyway, it's just an opinion.
But i really think you guys should consider it, it would have a lot of benefits for the event and for the pilots.

More to the matter, the Brazilian racer Leandro Krissak asked me to ask you guys if the following is possible: to have a backup racer for him (me).
He's running two league championships as of now (and will be for some months) and just had a baby (in fact that was his wife but you get the idea hehe) so he may not be able to race at every (considering that even the dates weren't made public yet) race.

I would like to know what could we do about it.
He suggested that maybe i could take his official place and be placed as a backup racer for both the brazilian racers (Diovane Blasquez may and may not be able to compete on all races too).
More importantly, before anything is "done", i would like to know what you guys think/have to say about something like that.

Do you guys have any estimate of when the calendar will be published?
It would be really useful for us.
Do you guys know the day and time of the races at least? If you do, please tell me (GMT format, please).

We're kinda "in the dark" over here, hehe.

Thanks for your attention!

Carry on.
Well how you said it, it´s the best form to do a grid. But, there are a few inconvenients, a quelify 10-15 min is really short time, then if it was 20-40 would be nice, but there are many drivers that have a few of time and different too. Wr already had champs with that metod of qualify, but the time increased for wait to set and get ready. So, there are positive and negative in those forms.
Quote from Meanie :Most leagues use a system (be it a lapper or a hotlap thing) to filter out who can race on which server or at all.
And that's a pretty fair way to do things.

Since this championship has it's pilots "locked" no matter what... don't you guys think it would be wise to have a 10-15min qualify run?

A lapper isn't the most fair method to organize a race starting grid.
One can get a lot of benefits from draft or even plain taking "shortcuts" (on some tracks) just to mention the most important elements.

Such a serious event should consider a qualify run.
It's the most fair (and true to the "real thing", after all this is a simulator) method and has a lot of potential for good television, because of the suspense from it.

Anyway, it's just an opinion.
But i really think you guys should consider it, it would have a lot of benefits for the event and for the pilots.

More to the matter, the Brazilian racer Leandro Krissak asked me to ask you guys if the following is possible: to have a backup racer for him (me).
He's running two league championships as of now (and will be for some months) and just had a baby (in fact that was his wife but you get the idea hehe) so he may not be able to race at every (considering that even the dates weren't made public yet) race.

I would like to know what could we do about it.
He suggested that maybe i could take his official place and be placed as a backup racer for both the brazilian racers (Diovane Blasquez may and may not be able to compete on all races too).
More importantly, before anything is "done", i would like to know what you guys think/have to say about something like that.

Do you guys have any estimate of when the calendar will be published?
It would be really useful for us.
Do you guys know the day and time of the races at least? If you do, please tell me (GMT format, please).

We're kinda "in the dark" over here, hehe.

Thanks for your attention!

Carry on.

thanks for your great opinion, but i think the qualify will take a lot of minuts that we dont have, becose the time in differents countries it's so different, and television time is nothing cheap, but that too is only my opinion, not is an admin's rule (not yet lol)

i'm sure you can be the backup of leandro this is not problem, i guess is better and you are welcome

the time for the race is not able yet, and the day neither keep cheking this foroum

Thanks for your time

PD. iralo al jonas bien trilíngüe jajaja (español, ingles, y griego)
Well, i don't think that 15min is "too little" time for a qualify.
And it's not just my opinion.
Most leagues use 10-15min qualifys nowadays.
Some use 20min but the majority uses 15min.
You can check on that. It's the norm.

15min is more than enough.
Even in the real world, you could see Formula One for instance;
The really "valid" laps are made at Q3 and usually are one, or two at the most, laps.
Which don't take even 5 minutes.

I think that a serious championship really can't do without a proper qualify.
A small, small draft on the straight can gain you anything from .3 to .5s. And the guy can spend the whole day trying to make that "perfect" lap.
It's not really sporty, i guess. And that's taking "shortcuts" out of the way.

One should be able, it's a measure of skill too, to do a fast lap "on the go" (15min is enough for at least 6 *good* laps, having 2 stints of 4 laps, one outlap on each and then 3 valid laps) and that's a really important part of motorracing. I think you guys agree with that.

If it's not possible to have a qualify cause it would take time and thus cost (the TV thing) money there are some other ways to do it.

There could be another date (one day before? or really anytime prior the race) to have a qualify, not on the race day.
If everyone has time to practice (this is a "high level" championship, right? so people do practice for it) and run on the event server too to set their laps on the lapper, surely they could do that same thing, for 15min, on a pre-determined day.

One could even arrange (if it's hard to coordinate a day/time for everyone - but the same happens with the *race*, remember) more than one ocassion to qualify.
Say 1 to 3 qualify sessions. Each one with 15min. On different days/time.
One could join any of these (one time) and qualify himself for the race.

I must be sounding like a broken record and maybe being too insistent on this matter but that's because i really can't fathom a serious event having it's start grid determined by a lapper. The motives for that lack of fairness are descripted on my earlier post. I just can't.

If nothing else, it should be arranged by hotlap then, not lapper.
It's a lot more fair and it is pretty much the same as the lapper, one can do his lap at anytime (and consuming any given ammount of time too for that) and then just upload it on the site.

I must insist on a serious "look" at this matter.
I just think it's a really serious issue. That's all.
A lack of proper qualify (remember, if not possible, at least let's have some hotlaps defining it) would take away a lot of the fairness of the championship, even some good deal of "emotion" and "fighting" from it too.

Hope i made my "point" clear.

Cheers from Brasil.
I´m not the admin man, but I´m a race driver and marshall. So, I have onething to say, AV has its rules, procedure, and methos. Nelson V. is the correct man that has the known to change something.
Quote from Meanie :Hope i made my "point" clear.

Cheers from Brasil.

I understand your point and I give you a +1 really. Because what if a dude who is in frist place at the lapper can't do a correct qualify, then another guy will take the pole postion... Well there are a lot of points in favor for the qualifying thing... As You said, Suspense!

See You.
Thanks for the all suggestions
Quote from Meanie :Well, i don't think that 15min is "too little" time for a qualify.
And it's not just my opinion.
Most leagues use 10-15min qualifys nowadays.
Some use 20min but the majority uses 15min.
You can check on that. It's the norm.

15min is more than enough.
Even in the real world, you could see Formula One for instance;
The really "valid" laps are made at Q3 and usually are one, or two at the most, laps.
Which don't take even 5 minutes.

I think that a serious championship really can't do without a proper qualify.
A small, small draft on the straight can gain you anything from .3 to .5s. And the guy can spend the whole day trying to make that "perfect" lap.
It's not really sporty, i guess. And that's taking "shortcuts" out of the way.

One should be able, it's a measure of skill too, to do a fast lap "on the go" (15min is enough for at least 6 *good* laps, having 2 stints of 4 laps, one outlap on each and then 3 valid laps) and that's a really important part of motorracing. I think you guys agree with that.

If it's not possible to have a qualify cause it would take time and thus cost (the TV thing) money there are some other ways to do it.

There could be another date (one day before? or really anytime prior the race) to have a qualify, not on the race day.
If everyone has time to practice (this is a "high level" championship, right? so people do practice for it) and run on the event server too to set their laps on the lapper, surely they could do that same thing, for 15min, on a pre-determined day.

One could even arrange (if it's hard to coordinate a day/time for everyone - but the same happens with the *race*, remember) more than one ocassion to qualify.
Say 1 to 3 qualify sessions. Each one with 15min. On different days/time.
One could join any of these (one time) and qualify himself for the race.

I must be sounding like a broken record and maybe being too insistent on this matter but that's because i really can't fathom a serious event having it's start grid determined by a lapper. The motives for that lack of fairness are descripted on my earlier post. I just can't.

If nothing else, it should be arranged by hotlap then, not lapper.
It's a lot more fair and it is pretty much the same as the lapper, one can do his lap at anytime (and consuming any given ammount of time too for that) and then just upload it on the site.

I must insist on a serious "look" at this matter.
I just think it's a really serious issue. That's all.
A lack of proper qualify (remember, if not possible, at least let's have some hotlaps defining it) would take away a lot of the fairness of the championship, even some good deal of "emotion" and "fighting" from it too.

Hope i made my "point" clear.

Cheers from Brasil.

Let me go over the issues:

First speaking in tearms of qualifying yes indeed lapper could not be the most fair way to do it ( I agree with you) However most of the racers selected are people like you and me have very tight schedules.

Second yes as a matter of fact we will have second drivers but not only because a racer can missed the race, most important the sponsor who is paying for his car is expecting to see the car on the track no matter what.

Third regarding the day, after talking with some of the racers I think it should be done over the week, like we have done in several AV champ before, why? because over the weekend we need to spend time with social affairs. Since we will be racing every 2 weeks I consider anyone can be present at thursdays 9pm Mexico and colombia 11pm argentina and brasil. Racers will only need to schedule this event like any other appointment.

Conclusions for this comments:

Next Thursday at 8:30 pm Mex Col 10:30 Arg Bra we will be qualifying so we will be able to start the race at 9 pm sharp. this first warmup will be good to see who can make it and if we need other racers I will go over the GDIR and call the next posible racers. By the way racers from spain will need to consider this schedule because since is a latinamerican cup we need to set the time for our time zone. they are still invited.
Calendar for this champ will be close to start on second week of june and finishing in november having 2 races every month. Details willbe posted soon I am only need to set it up with the channel.

I hope to see all racers next thursday night, and qualify that night for the start.

Saludos
Nelson
What do you think about the hotlap idea, Nelson?
It's doable as the lapper. I mean, it doesn't bring any problems with anyone's schedule. And everyone would agree that it's a lot more fair.
What do you think?

As for the qualify this next thursday...
What exactly this "qualify" is about?
It's just a greet and meet on the track...?
Are there penalties to the ones who might miss it, etc.
I'm not totally sure if i understood it (specially for the term "qualifying") perfectly.
Please clarify.

Thanks for the effort.

ps.: just a suggestion, i think that you should start giving out times based on GMT, since there are a lot of time fuses involved and some countries run "saving times" at some parts of the year so that can't make an one hour error, without something "stable" like GMT.

edit: Nelson, just a question i forgot to ask.
In what version will it be run?
Patch X? (I think i've read it somewhere).
Because of the advent of the pre-load, sets can be modified... (and people must practicen with it then, hehe)

Hope i'm not being a nuisance for all my questions and my firm point of view about the lapper.
Quote from NelsonGPV :
Next Thursday at 8:30 pm Mex Col 10:30 Arg Bra we will be qualifying so we will be able to start the race at 9 pm sharp. this first warmup will be good to see who can make it and if we need other racers I will go over the GDIR and call the next posible racers. By the way racers from spain will need to consider this schedule because since is a latinamerican cup we need to set the time for our time zone. they are still invited.

Saludos
Nelson

total esta va a ser el horario oficial?!?, porque estas carreras si las quiero ver y en 3 dias han dado 2 horarios diferentes

aa y si Daniel va a correr esta, el esta muy participativo con LOTA, y pues quien sabe, solo el sabe
Quote from Meanie :edit: Nelson, just a question i forgot to ask.
In what version will it be run?
Patch X? (I think i've read it somewhere).
Because of the advent of the pre-load, sets can be modified... (and people must practicen with it then, hehe)

Hope i'm not being a nuisance for all my questions and my firm point of view about the lapper.

I'm not Nelson but I'm guessing that if the patch comes out as an official one, then You'll race with It
AV only use oficial Versions
LFS Version 0.5 W

This thursday race is a warmup and I am using your suggestion to do it more competitive.

GMT (-5)

SI blas estas en lo correcto en AV usamos solo las versiones oficiales.

Saludos
Señores Yo No E Podio Bajar Esa Mierda De Tiempo XQ Me Jodi La Mano Derecha Jugando Futbol Pero Espero Correr La Carrera Y Pa La Proxima Ya Veremos Xd
Salu2
Saludos desde Mazatlan
Que tal raza los saludos desde el soleado Mazatlan, disfrutando de unas buenas vacaciones con mi familia, nos estamos divirtiendo bastante en la alberca y en la playa; Espero estar de regreso este fin de semana para comenzar a practicar.

Saludos

Jose Casarin
Quote from Pepe1968 :Que tal raza los saludos desde el soleado Mazatlan, disfrutando de unas buenas vacaciones con mi familia, nos estamos divirtiendo bastante en la alberca y en la playa; Espero estar de regreso este fin de semana para comenzar a practicar.

Saludos

Jose Casarin

mañana es el primer Warmup a alas no c q horas, checa posts anteriores
Quote from chanoman315 :mañana es el primer Warmup a alas no c q horas, checa posts anteriores

que yo sepa no es mañana

y si es mañana pues no se la hora jaja, no se si pensaron en el español.
Me lo voy a perder pero que le hacemos, primero la familia.
Quote from chanoman315 :mañana es el primer Warmup a alas no c q horas, checa posts anteriores

Por eso es que no he mejorado mi tiempo junto con Lalo y Alerick, no estamos disponibles en estos momentos, pero espero que el warm up este de lo mejor y seria buena idea que si quieres entrar como suplente!!!, comentale a Nelson.

Saludos

Jose Casarin
Quote from Pepe1968 :Por eso es que no he mejorado mi tiempo junto con Lalo y Alerick

el server y el lapper estan abiertos siempre

o hacen succion??????????
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG