The online racing simulator
My First Scene
Here's my first made scene and I have some problems (also not all materials are finished). It's really more ingame looking shot then a realistic render, but these 2 'bugs' pisses me off atm.

I'm using LightWave 8.0. You can see in the picture on the hood near windshield there's some strange shadow and on the bumper there's noisy looking shadow.

What do you think what causes this problem?

Attached images
XRT- Sea World.jpg
Quote from BlackEye :Here's my first made scene and I have some problems (also not all materials are finished). It's really more ingame looking shot then a realistic render, but these 2 'bugs' pisses me off atm.

I'm using LightWave 8.0. You can see in the picture on the hood near windshield there's some strange shadow and on the bumper there's noisy looking shadow.

On the bumper it seems to have the wrong material applied. It should contain a material or texture for the numberplate, yet it´s using the skin texture.

Concerning the area near the windshield, that is a smoothing problem. I can´t tell you how to correct it as I don´t use Lightwave.
Quote from BlackEye :I'm using LightWave 8.0. You can see in the picture on the hood near windshield there's some strange shadow and on the bumper there's noisy looking shadow.

Smoothing groups are the problem. The XR* cars are the worst.. 70% of the polys will need to be resmoothed.. back of the bonnet, bumpers, lights, door creases, windows, interior... etc etc. Once you go round all of the mesh and fix these, it'll look better

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Smoothing groups are the problem. The XR* cars are the worst.. 70% of the polys will need to be resmoothed.. back of the bonnet, bumpers, lights, door creases, windows, interior... etc etc. Once you go round all of the mesh and fix these, it'll look better

Regards,

Ian

Oh man... Why oh why did I picked XRT

Thanks guys
Not all of the issues are particularly visible, so you may get away with some of them.. but I think I probably spent 2-3 hours in the end when I fixed up the XRT for my brazil scenes (and done further fixes since).

The bonnet area though is the main culprit. If you look from an angle above and behind, the back of the bonnet edge has a really thing strip of polys. Select those polys and 'detach as element' (or whatever the Lightwave equiv is.. I've not used LW since v1.0 on an Amiga). This'll fix that issue anyway

Regards,

Ian
A skin I made ages ago when I was a noob at skinning and I added my unfinished wheels to the car, they make the car look wider.
Attached images
FXO Cowboy Bebop.jpg
render for tango racing team from argentina
Attached images
tsr pareja.jpg
here some BF1 Render
Attached images
bf1_renault_07.jpg
bf1_spyker_07.jpg

deleted
Hmm, those rims look...familiar
-
(Lord Of Death) DELETED by Lord Of Death
I've tuned the XFR a little bit
Attached images
xfr_b_se_704.jpg
xfr_soundausbau_154.jpg
oh thats very nice!!!
Looks good baSh0r apart from the floating Wipers and Hood pins.

My team mate Fazza finished the teams new skins off.

The LX6 is missing the Exhaust for some reason.

I found the reason of the missing LX6 exhaust, it's coz the whole car has been mirrored. (only way I can explain it) Any one why it's done that?
Quote from Lord Of Death :I've tuned the XFR a little bit

Tuned, as in put heavy wheels on it, heavy speakers in the back, and covered up half the headlight so you can't see at night. Oh, and ruined the aerodynamics by the looks of it... Yeah, really tuned... Bet it would go like... a UF1 hahahahaha
Quote from tristancliffe :Tuned, as in put heavy wheels on it, heavy speakers in the back, and covered up half the headlight so you can't see at night. Oh, and ruined the aerodynamics by the looks of it... Yeah, really tuned... Bet it would go like... a UF1 hahahahaha

it has M3 mirrors too BLIND haha
Thought I'd try a black background with dark mirror floor.
Attached images
FXR Monkey.jpg
RB4 RF Drift.jpg
here one new render
Attached images
ATL_2_cars.jpg
i've tuned the fxo,i call it Fxo Turbo Evolution
it has evo rear wing,dual muffler,M3 mirrors,New lights,intercooler
and of course upgrades will come l8r
preview picture:
Quote from Electricwolf :here one new render

That looks nice, glad someone appreciates my skins.
Mind if I post that on our site, with full credit of course?
Some HDRI testing....
Attached images
Option2.jpg
Zero_Gravity_HDRI.jpg
Quote from pdanev :That looks nice, glad someone appreciates my skins.
Mind if I post that on our site, with full credit of course?

Yes of course, you can post it on your site
-
(woolfen) DELETED by woolfen : not the good place sorry
Your pictures are far too small. illepall
small test with hdri lighting

greetz caoz

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG