The online racing simulator
This new car looks great and I cant even render it cos I aint got my internet back yet. I got some new scenes to show off now too.
it was beefy lol btw sweet ass rabbit u got there
It's the 'Ray' of the rabbit world
u bet it is, i had a rabbit caled randy lol
r u saying that isnt mine? maybe u should think again buddy! so let me get this straight, ure saying that im claming someone elses renders as mine? Beefy did 2 renders of MY skin 4 me, i put the 2 renders 2gether using photoshop and put MY logo on it. is that ok with u buddy? cos it better b
im just saying that the renders arent made by you
i asked some1 2 do the renders 4 me? but its MY skin and its MY scence! u made it sound like none of it was mine
Always nice to put "Render by ..." on a pic like that. Otherwise people will get fed of having their work stolen and stop rendering for you.
stolen? hows it going 2 get stolen? its on beefys site anyway
I think what they meant was that the actual '3D' render part of your 'Photoshop composed' image was done by some body else (i.e. Beefy) Please forgive me if I got this part wrong.

This thread is originally for 3D renderers to post their '3D' rendered scene to share with others, and not Skins or Photoshop composed images without their own creation of the 3D render.

What tristancliffe saying is that if you could put the person who rendered the 3D image for you at the bottom of your image (e.g. 'Rendered by Beefy' in this case) will stop misleading people that you have done the '3D' as well.
By not doing so, no 3D renderer would like to render skins for you in the feature, because you taking their credit off.

Don't get me wrong that I am not blaming you on anything. I am only explaining why other people have this response to your work in this thread.
ok then, i guess ill just put my time and effort somewhere else, since its not welcome here
You poster is nice

May be it is just in a worng place
Quote from samyip :You poster is nice

May be it is just in a worng place

thanks mate!
Quote from tristancliffe :Always nice to put "Render by ..." on a pic like that. Otherwise people will get fed of having their work stolen and stop rendering for you.

Quote from samyip :I think what they meant was that the actual '3D' render part of your 'Photoshop composed' image was done by some body else (i.e. Beefy) Please forgive me if I got this part wrong.

This thread is originally for 3D renderers to post their '3D' rendered scene to share with others, and not Skins or Photoshop composed images without their own creation of the 3D render.

What tristancliffe saying is that if you could put the person who rendered the 3D image for you at the bottom of your image (e.g. 'Rendered by Beefy' in this case) will stop misleading people that you have done the '3D' as well.
By not doing so, no 3D renderer would like to render skins for you in the feature, because you taking their credit off.

Don't get me wrong that I am not blaming you on anything. I am only explaining why other people have this response to your work in this thread.

Thanks for that you two.

Micky, it's not hard to credit someone and it goes a long way. Don't take this the wrong way, but you seem to be 'whoring' the forum a bit too much lately (along with someone else, no link but doing a similar thing). You also seem to take everything you get done for you for granted.

Fair enough you thanked me but still a credit would be nice, and theres no need to post the same picture hundreds of times, once is enough.

In the future have a little bit more respect.

Rant over.
Okay i´ve been working on a scene today,

hope yall like it
(A FBM wallpaper coming soon)

[edit]

the wallpaper is ready

BMWE30M3
Just dropped a Mazda RX8 engine in the FZ5. And before you all go off on one, I know the FZ is originally a rear engined car. Theres no harm in making it different since we cant really use them.

Engine is from NFSU2, hence it being quite pants but it makes the car look a bit better.

Edit: Just realised parts of the engine was sticking through the lights. Just fixed that.
Attached images
FZ5_RX8Greddy_render3.jpg
very nice beefy.

btw why don't you just put a small text in the corner 'rendered by beefyman666. skin by *****' It would help some confusion.
Quote from HellBoy99 :very nice beefy.

btw why don't you just put a small text in the corner 'rendered by beefyman666. skin by *****' It would help some confusion.

TBH I've never thought about it. Think I will do that from now on.

Cheers.
Beefy,did you import the engine?or downloaded it cause i have nfsu2 installed just for getting parts but i dont know how to import parts,and nice work ther,keep it up
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Beefy,did you import the engine?or downloaded it cause i have nfsu2 installed just for getting parts but i dont know how to import parts,and nice work ther,keep it up

You need to convert the .ASE files (using Deep Exploration) to .WRL, open the .WRL up and then save it as a .3DS to get them to work.

Once you've done that, Import the 3DS file into 3DSmax. It will look extremely ugly at the moment but don't worry. Open the 'select by name' tab, select all the ones with names (they've all got _ in them) but leave the 'object' ones alone. Delete the weird named ones (they're only boxes which have no use).

Once theyre all gone, you need to think what you want from the car. Say you want an engine, so you need to click on each bonnet/hood, deleting them or hiding them as you go along 'til you get down to the engines. There should be 3 engines. Delete the rest of the unwanted car and save the 3 engines.

Now you can merge them into one of your own scenes. When you have it all nice and snug in a car you'll need to texture it.
NFSU2 folder has all the textures you need, but you need to convert some more files.

I used Bin2Tex for this part. Open BinTex, then go to File > Open, then find your NFSU2 cars folder (default is C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/Need For Speed Underground 2/CARS...), select the car folder you are using, and then open the TEXTURES.bin file. There should be between 50-60 texture files in a list now. Just for now, create a new folder on your desktop, and on BinTex click on Texture > Export All, select the folder you just created and click OK.
That folder will now have all the DDS textures for that particular car.

Now you need to pick out which texture goes to which engine. It'd fairly straight forward as one engine looks really plain, one looks slightly modded and the third more so. The textures for the engines are named;

'XXX_ENGINE (code)'
'XXX_STYLE01_ENGINE (code)'
'XXX_STYLE02_ENGINE (code)'

Apply the right one to the right engine and Bob's your Uncle.

Hope this helps.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG