The online racing simulator
If so it really shoud round up.
But the versions before it never did that, I did have this the first time with the W9.
using screamy big bold text isn't likely to get what you want, it comes across really pushy.
Quote from tomylee :If so it really shoud round up.
But the versions before it never did that, I did have this the first time with the W9.

what? LFS has ALWAYS done this afaik
Quote from joen :using screamy big bold text isn't likely to get what you want, it comes across really pushy.

I know but it is really important more then graphic changes of SO or the GTRs
Quote from Jakg :what? LFS has ALWAYS done this afaik

thats strange. I never had a problem with my fuel, mostly I did have what I was expecting to have at the end or even more....
Quote from tomylee :I know but it is really important more then graphic changes of SO or the GTRs

Well, that's a personal opinion, you can't speak for anybody than yourself. I am really looking forward to the interior updates, so I would like to see those sooner. Besides that, graphical updates are more Eric's work, so him working on graphic updates won't slow down any work Scawen has to do on for instance controller options.
My point being, let the devs decide what they'll be working on first. They know what has to be done.
Some input what user like to see won't hurt and I guess that the most of the G25 users would love to see that option cause it's a damn work to change the shifting.
Great patch, thanks for that! .

A little idea: for leagues it would be fantastic that we could know if an HLVC lap has been done with voluntary restriction (in this moment I don' know if the restrictions are available in HLVC mode, but this idea thinks so).
It can be very useful for the inscriptions in a league for example, in order to know if an HLVC is "valid" inside the rules of this league.

So, the idea is to add new data values in the HLVC times script: the voluntary restrictions (x Kg of weight and % of air restriction).

Sorry for my english and I hope you can understand what I mean with this proposition :P.
Quote from Jakg :LFS rounds, it from the "exact figure" which could be 1.04999999999999999999%, and after 5 laps those 0.49999 add up to about 0.296666 odd, which would round to 0.3%

imo LFS should always round UP to make sure this doesn't happen

I don't think it should.

Getting the right amount of fuel is a bit of an art, and it's all part of the setup process. If you're finding that the fuel runs out a bit too soon, put more in!

LFS should round appropriately, not err on the side of caution and distort the figures because you can't be bothered to to put the setup time in.
Quote from Chaos :a big THANK YOU fot the patch Scawen! its really great

2 - 5 is according to FIA rules...

Yup, i'd like to see a larger and more unpredictable pause
I don't mean to add clutter to the thread, but -

Narcis, can't you look at the handicaps used in an .spr with F11?
*kisses feet* OMFG! THIS IS BRILL! KEEP THIS UP OR I WILL EXTERMINATE YOU!!!
Quote from keiran :Banning players on the demo is already by IP as far as I know....

WHAT??? HOW??????????????
Quote from Breizh :I don't mean to add clutter to the thread, but -

Narcis, can't you look at the handicaps used in an .spr with F11?

yes

BTW: since the W patch (I think) I have allways a kinda metal clank in the back. Whats that?
Quote from tomylee :Some input what user like to see won't hurt and I guess that the most of the G25 users would love to see that option cause it's a damn work to change the shifting.

I can help there!

go to top of page, hit 'search' and voila! http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=382898#post382898

If its too much work, then either set up a script, or do like I have done...set up two profiles in LFS...exactly the same apart from the name...change it to Tomylee1 and Tomylee2 for example, set one up for shifter and the other for paddles...where's the hard work??

btw, W9 rox so far..I can s=actually drive the FZ5 now without spinning every 2 seconds
Quote from Blerpa :Honestly if I wanted a catch up/balancing option so that each car in each class would be doing the exact laptimes I would have played Need For Speed, not LFS.

I hope that's not were LFS is heading.

A worried paying member.

Don't be worried. As some others have answered already, it's not about that kind of laptime balancing. It's impossible to balance exactly a FWD, RWD and a AWD car. You can see we aren't trying to do something like that, and that's why the balancing is global and not track specific. The problem was that the FXO was seconds ahead on every track - so if you liked RWD you would lose to an FXO, guaranteed, no matter where you raced! And that's not how we wanted it. Now one car or another has strengths and weaknesses at different tracks.

Quote from detail :Scawen, a request from a Russian host admin: in connections list, please, make kick/ban buttons visible for admins even when /vote=no. Also in demo ban by IP is necessary.

Kick and ban buttons request is good, and noted. Demo bans are already by IP - they can change player name any time and don't have a user name, so IP is the only way.

Quote from tomylee :Please do this soon:
An option to preset different controler options (for G25)!!!!!!!!

No need to shout, it's annoying and usually makes me delay things, even if they were at the top of my list - though in this case it is not, because that is already done. Anyway if you would read about the script system in your commands.txt, you would find that you can make a script to assign controls howveer you want. So you could make a script C1.lfs and C2.lfs, then run them by typing //C1.lfs or /run C1.lfs ... so it's already done, just do some research.
Metal clank in the back of what? The gear shift sound?

There's way too much clutter in this thread.
Quote from tomylee :Please do this soon:
An option to preset different controler options (for G25)!!!!!!!!

I'll send you my config over PM
Sorry for that. I didn't see that even that I was searching for it and others had the same problem. But it's a several week's ago, maybe cause of that

btw, ehen you say big letters is shouting, it's you interpretation

Quote from GeForz :I'll send you my config over PM

thx mate
Quote from Breizh :Metal clank in the back of what? The gear shift sound?

There's way too much clutter in this thread.

I don't know from what. It's when you accelerate. It's not loud but you still can hear it. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe someone noticed it and knows what it is.

Edit:
It's just fore these cars: GTR class and the XFR.
man this patch is absolutely amazing ! 28 racers makes the races much cooler, and I have no fps-loss at all. Great, thanks for the great patch, keep on it.
Well, this has got my to start up LFS xD
Quote from Mike85 :But Scawen why should we make a script for different controls? Not everyone here is a programmer. He wanted it from the menu of the game, not in the script. IMO.

Anyways, good progress, congratulations, it seems you put in quite alot of stuff.

to set up the script is quit easy, thats OK

there are just too many thinks you can do over backdoors in LFS that it is hard to keep up to date. to know all possibilities is like a full time job
Quote from RSchumacher :man this patch is absolutely amazing ! 28 racers makes the races much cooler, and I have no fps-loss at all. Great, thanks for the great patch, keep on it.

In single player my FPS drops significantly with additional cars. Luckily, my new system components are arriving next week.

So I'm thinking, wouldn't it be better to allow also 28 racers in Single player. So if your system doesn't cut it, you use less AI cars. But for those of us who have just spent quite a lot of money to get a better system we should also be able to utilize it at maximum (please make more AI cars available in Single player).
Preload
Sorry for being OT, I just want to answer the "what does preload do" questions to my best knowledge.

A clutch pack differential tries to equalize the torque acting on both wheels to a certain percentage. For example, if the left wheel is on the ground and the right one in the air, then an open diff would just spin the one in the air, thus providing 100% torque to the freely spinning wheel (E: Actually this is wrong, as soon as a wheel spins it doesn't apply any torque). A locked diff would always provide a 50/50 split and a clutch pack is inbetween.

Lets say we have an input torque of 400Nm - left wheel on ground, right in the air. Torque applied to wheels as follows:

Locked diff - L: 200Nm R: 200Nm
Open diff - L: 0Nm R: 400Nm ([I]E: Actually not 400, but almost 0Nm[/I])
Clutch pack diff @ 50% - L: 100Nm R: 300Nm
Clutch pack diff @ 75% - L: 150Nm R: 250Nm

Now, in order for the clutch pack LSD to provide a percentage of locking, the amount of pressure on the clutch plates in the differential must be proportional to the input torque, which means the plates have to be pressed together harder the higher the input torque is. In reality this is defined/archived by the ramp angles used in the differential - the steeper the angle the more the clutch plates are pressed together when torque is applied. You also have two ramp angles to play with, one for each direction of torque (power/coast lock).

If we understand this, we can also see that when no input torque is applied, there is also no locking of the clutch pack diff, because 50% locking of 0Nm torque is still 0Nm. This is where preload comes into play. It provides a minimum amount of pressure on the clutch plates, so that even with no input torque, there's always a minimum amount of locking applied.

Another short example with a 50% locking clutch pack diff with 150Nm preload, gradually decreasing the input torque:

Input tq, resistance tq by clutch, left wheel, right wheel, real % of locking
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Input: 400Nm, Res: 200Nm, L: 100Nm, R: 300Nm, Lock: 50%
Input: 350Nm, Res: 175Nm, L: 88Nm, R: 262Nm, Lock: 50%
Input: 300Nm, Res: 150Nm, L: 75Nm, R: 225Nm, Lock: 50%
Input: 250Nm, Res: 150Nm, L: 75Nm, R: 175Nm, Lock: 60%
Input: 200Nm, Res: 150Nm, L: 75Nm, R: 125Nm, Lock: 75%
Input: 150Nm, Res: 150Nm, L: 75Nm, R: 75Nm, Lock: 100%
Input: 100Nm, Res: 100Nm, L: 50Nm, R: 50Nm, Lock: 100%

I hope I didn't make any errors, and that it's more clear for you guys now

E: Well, I did make errors, but apparently the general idea is still correct (at least no one pointed out any errors yet).

E2: Seems like the tables are wrong too. Better wait for someone who really understands all this stuff
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W9
(393 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG