The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
Quote from Smurfen :i have the game ^^ got it 2 days ago, i own an A3, 350z Nismo s-tune and a Gallardo Spider(:throwrose)

picture of my box:

i want it, but dont have money :weeping:
Quote from Smurfen :i have the game ^^ got it 2 days ago, i own an A3, 350z Nismo s-tune and a Gallardo Spider(:throwrose)

picture of my box:

I've been reading conflicting reports from other forums about this game.

Have they fixed the horrid laggyness and stuttering that was in the Beta?
Also, what sort of performance are you getting? What spec is your machine?
the most satisfaction from TDU is freeing up 7.5 gigs, when you uninstall it...
Quote from squidhead :the most satisfaction from TDU is freeing up 7.5 gigs, when you uninstall it...

yea...but i really like that game and im willing to make some room for it
just gotta find a way to get it (legal of course).
Got it today, just took a quick spin:

you can ste "hypersport" in realism setgtings from the beginnig, but I guess it still is different than the hardcore mode you have to unlock.

The graphics are quite nice, allthough I get flickering textures when I activate AA in game.

The driving physics in "hypersport" are bettre than NFS:MW, but I tend to drive zig zag, because the cars get out of drifts all alone, but I countersteer LfS like in reflex ^^
It would be great , if everyone give their system specs, if they are running TDU atleast average 25 fps and higher.

Originally Posted by Raiggu
There seems to be odd differenties between people about how this game run in their computers, some people say that this runs well on A64 3500+ and X800, and other have hard times to get this rolling with their E6800X and 8800 SLI.

So there surely is something very strange in this game's performance.

This post is from atari forums, and i think this guy is right.
Quote from Bean0 :I've been reading conflicting reports from other forums about this game.

Have they fixed the horrid laggyness and stuttering that was in the Beta?
Also, what sort of performance are you getting? What spec is your machine?

The laggyness/stuttering is there still, but its much better. For me it dosnt matter if i have on full or lowest graphics, for me it gets laggier/stuttetier(:P) and laggier/stuttetier after a while. when i start up the game i have like 30-40 fps after 30-60 min i have 10-15 fps. My specs:

Asus A8N5X motherboard
AMD athlon 64 3700+
ATi X850XT
2x hdd's 7200rpm
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
1,5GB ram, aint sure of the speed

hope this is usefull info
Anyone know what the fastest car in the game is? I'm still saving up money, I would have over 500k but I probably have paid more than 200k in police fines
It is really annoying that ramming someone head on at 150 gets you in the same amount of trouble as just BARELY scraping their side at 180
Seems there is an online-downloadable version now available of the retail version from the Atari website. So... how does it compare?
Quote from BrandonAGr :Anyone know what the fastest car in the game is? I'm still saving up money, I would have over 500k but I probably have paid more than 200k in police fines
It is really annoying that ramming someone head on at 150 gets you in the same amount of trouble as just BARELY scraping their side at 180

i think i remember the koenigsegg is the fastest on acceleration and the Mclaren F1 is top speed
How about the stage 3 tuned enzo? they all love it online.
Anyone not using their beta key could I get it please?
Quote from Davo :Anyone not using their beta key could I get it please?

beta was over a while ago
i really want to play this game..but it dosen't support my video card

(GeForce 5700LE or LX dunno)
Quote from EmilO :i really want to play this game..but it dosen't support my video card

(GeForce 5700LE or LX dunno)

lets make a deal, ive got a spare vid card but dont have money for the game lol
I tried it with my computer and I get average of 10-15fps on 800x600 with low settings for everyhing... it's annoying as my PC is above min specs (min specs = AMD XP2800, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9600) - although it's more playable than the BETA was in which I got max of 2fps!

ASUS A7V600
AMD XP3200+
1024MB PC3200 RAM
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB
300GB WD SATA Hard drive

and as it's not playable, it's been deleted and I've ended up with 11GB more free space (yes I was naughty and downloaded it to see if it worked before I wasted £30 on it)
How far do you have to get to unlock tuning?
0% u can do it from start if u have the money and found the right shops, diffrent shops for each brand, if u dont go to the right shop it says its locked
Has anyone successfully gotten the online release working properly? I've been reading some _VERY_ discouraging things thus far, but it seems Atari is at work to fix things.
Quote from mr_x :I tried it with my computer and I get average of 10-15fps on 800x600 with low settings for everyhing... it's annoying as my PC is above min specs (min specs = AMD XP2800, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9600) - although it's more playable than the BETA was in which I got max of 2fps!

ASUS A7V600
AMD XP3200+
1024MB PC3200 RAM
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB
300GB WD SATA Hard drive

and as it's not playable, it's been deleted and I've ended up with 11GB more free space (yes I was naughty and downloaded it to see if it worked before I wasted £30 on it)

bro has an A64 3200+, 1gig ram, a 9800pro, and it runs around 20-30fps at 1024*768 medium.
and the joke is that tdu runs around 2-5 fps at me (at 640*480 low), running on A64 2.7ghz (9*300) 2*512MB 600mhz ram, x800 gto @600/1200. 30 fps at him, 5 at here. i still dont get it..

picture of my box:

Where did you order your copy from?
Hm.... so i read in a thread in here that the PS2 version will be out soon, but the physics are going to be more arcade-ey? Is this true? I dont get why they would make the physics more arcade-ish, just for a different.

If this is the case, i guess ill just get the PC version, but id really not want to take up 7.5 gigs on my computer just for the game.
Something to keep in mind, the PSP and PS2 versions are made by a different developer. Same cars/location, though. Apparently that developer has since been dropped by Atari, in favour of 'Eden Games' who is producing the 360 and PC versions. It sounds like the other developer (Madison House or something?) is better than Eden, though, despite being dropped.

Either way, I'm pretty disgusted with Atari right now. The whole online release thing was completely botched. I'm thinking I might pay for the download version, then download a DVD image from a torrent site and unlock it with my bought key; at least the DVD image version works.

Seems no one has had the downloaded version working yet.
Quote from MAGGOT :Something to keep in mind, the PSP and PS2 versions are made by a different developer. Same cars/location, though. Apparently that developer has since been dropped by Atari, in favour of 'Eden Games' who is producing the 360 and PC versions. It sounds like the other developer (Madison House or something?) is better than Eden, though, despite being dropped.

Either way, I'm pretty disgusted with Atari right now. The whole online release thing was completely botched. I'm thinking I might pay for the download version, then download a DVD image from a torrent site and unlock it with my bought key; at least the DVD image version works.

Seems no one has had the downloaded version working yet.

I would recommend that don't support company you don't like at all, which releases insanely buggy software knowing it is buggy without selling it as beta or anything like that.

As long as there are lot of buyers they won't change their course of actions, only way to make them change is not to support them with buying their products.

Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG