The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
#76 - JTbo
Quote from Rappa Z :sooooo. when worst comes to worst i'm probably screwed, right? Atleast my dad's been searching for a new computer, says he wants it before summer.

Certainly your computer is not capable of running TDU.

Maybe your dad would get one machine from here
Quote from LFSn00b :Lmao what a comment:

Hahahahah

Yeah, NFS carbon sucks too.. There's no skill involved. illepall No damage either..
sure there is skill involved. there's skill invlolved in any game. its just, those skills may not work well with real driving
Quote from Gabkicks :sure there is skill involved. there's skill invlolved in any game. its just, those skills may not work well with real driving

True, but a game like NFS carbon is overrated & so easy, i have it. It's not like the older versions like NFSU.

Thank goodness i found LFS , Where I'm from no-one know's about LFS but me lol..

Oh well, The bottom line is, IF there is going to be a proper demo for TDU, I will give it a go before i buy.
Quote from LFSn00b :Well, my hard disk won't be able to install this

Only 7GB Hard disk :weeping:

:uglyhamme
you only have a 7GB disk? My old OLD OOOOOLD computer (circa 1994) has an 8 GB primary drive... of course, it was upgraded in about 1998 maybe to get the larger drive... but still.

My new PC on the other hand.... dual 320GB drives 8) My new PC should be able to run it without problems... the issue I have is not having a key to unlock the beta I wanna try it, too. It's the type of thing I'm looking for right now; I just hope the physics are tolerable. (Which only I will decide, so don't bother trying to talk me out of it :P)
Ive got a 6600GT and was getting terrible framerates with the beta. Thought I better update my drivers as they were well out of date, and omg its made a huge improvement.

So for those feeling they should be getting better framerates than they are, remember to use the latest drivers for your card.
Quote from pb32000 :Ive got a 6600GT and was getting terrible framerates with the beta. Thought I better update my drivers as they were well out of date, and omg its made a huge improvement.

So for those feeling they should be getting better framerates than they are, remember to use the latest drivers for your card.

i em, the newest. still get around 20-30fps i guess on my x850xt with 800x600, all on low. lol bareball tho
#84 - JTbo
Quote from Smurfen :i em, the newest. still get around 20-30fps i guess on my x850xt with 800x600, all on low. lol bareball tho

Yes, around those numbers, but when I play longer it drops so at city it can be even 10fps only. Of course using latest drivers. That 200km race was worst however, close to other cars 5fps at slowest.
must be someway to get more fps? i know its beta and all but cant waaaiiittt rofl.
any1 wanna cruise?
#87 - JTbo
Do not buy this game!

Here is what they offically say:
Quote : The open beta has been short. The purpose was to stress the servers, which has been accomplished. Your reports have identified new and verified defects that have been reported during the closed beta. They have not been ignored. Serious issues have been addressed. Some will be released with the retail, others will be released as patches.

So they KNOW that their product is faulty and yet they release it! Fight against this kind of attitude and don't buy the game, ban Eden/Atari completely, don't buy anything from them, teach them that such actions are not what you their paying customer likes to receive, teach them to release only finished products!

Spread this information to everyone.

Here is url to source. (You need beta user-id to access that board)
wont happen, I LOVE IT! cant wait enymore. so sorry.

LOL!
well, i certainly wont be paying for the game untill they fix the bugs.
#90 - JTbo
I just did read:
Quote :Some ppl have reported that when they tried to uninstall the public beta, all their files except for protected system files were deleted from the C:\ root dir. So I decided to do a test myself I installed the beta on a seperate pc and uninstalled it, and I can confirm, the uninstaller deletes the files, so if you have anything important stored there don't use the uninstaller, or move the files away from there. For me it even erased the boot.ini file only four files were left: ntdetect.com, ntldr, msdos.sys and io.sys

Just to warn some guys here...
thx for the headsup. there are gonna be a few people who didnt know this.
Quote from JTbo :I just did read:

Just to warn some guys here...

didnt happen to me
reinstalled it myself ^^
#93 - JTbo
Quote from Smurfen :didnt happen to me
reinstalled it myself ^^

This was just confirmed by other beta tester:
Quote :I can confirm this, as it did it to me as well.

And before anyone asks, no, the game was not installed on C:\. It was installed in a sub-sub-directory on a different physical drive than C.

Maybe you were just lucky, but I really like better to be safe than sorry.
Quote from JTbo :This was just confirmed by other beta tester:

Maybe you were just lucky, but I really like better to be safe than sorry.

i installed it on my D drive OS is on C drive..... lucky!!!:bowdown:
Quote from JTbo :Do not buy this game!

Here is what they offically say:

So they KNOW that their product is faulty and yet they release it! Fight against this kind of attitude and don't buy the game, ban Eden/Atari completely, don't buy anything from them, teach them that such actions are not what you their paying customer likes to receive, teach them to release only finished products!

Spread this information to everyone.

Here is url to source. (You need beta user-id to access that board)

So you are boycotting LFS as well? Saying software should be perfect before releasing it is ridiculous, nothing would ever be released.
lfs doesnt run at 10fps on a highend system
Neither does TDU I built my base unit to a £300 budget last summer and I get a solid 35-40FPS with everything up high expect HDR. That goes to over 50fps if I drop to 1024x768.

I'll be buying it on its release - I've already had many hours of fun with it, hopefully once more bugs are squashed and its publically released it'll be even better. They really need to fix some big problems though - I only get sound (except chat) in the left channel, somethings everything doesn't render right and you need to restart or alt-tab a couple of times, the way lighting affects the dashboard is pretty daft, and the overall feeling it could be further optimized.
I love it tbh - nice to have a more simple game that isn't rice infested like nfs series. Game runs fine on my amd 4000+ 1 gig ram x850xt pe agp.

Haven't seen any bugs yet and i will also be buying it when it comes out

Got "3 days remaining til the beta is locked" message today - bah
#99 - JTbo
Quote from BrandonAGr :So you are boycotting LFS as well? Saying software should be perfect before releasing it is ridiculous, nothing would ever be released.

It is quite big difference to market game as final retail product instead of uncomplete Alpha, that is which creates problem.

LFS is not perhaps perfect, but at least it has not as bad issues as TDU has. Releasing software as final when you know it is not is the problem. If it is not ready and they like to release then they should do it as release of beta that does cost money.

I'm really tired of how sofware companies put low quality products up, we can change that and I really don't see why anyone should be willing to get software with bugs at full price with hope that maybe bugs will get ironed out. Maybe situation has been already too long this so people are used to it and don't understand that this is not what it have to be.

Even it could not care less how buggy sofware is going to be released, just remember, don't use uninstaller for beta, there has been several cases where all contents of C: drive has been wiped out.
Quote from JTbo :Even it could not care less how buggy sofware is going to be released, just remember, don't use uninstaller for beta, there has been several cases where all contents of C: drive has been wiped out.

I think that's what caused my last reinstall of XP. I worked for approx. 1,5 days trying to burn a decent XP-disc with my laptops crappy burner and the cheapest of cheap CD-R. Damn you TDU!

Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG