The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
Where are the tuning shops? I can't seem to find any
Quote from Shotglass :i just realized that the uninstaller is genius
what better way is there to keep your game on customers disks than fear of having random system files deleted ?

Thank god for my awkward partitioning of putting my Windows install on E: and then TDU on X: and everything of Value on my M: and G:
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Thank god for my awkward partitioning of putting my Windows install on E: and then TDU on X: and everything of Value on my M: and G:

It deletes everything from root of C:\ what ever it is, but for some it has deleted some system files from C:\windows too and if it works as normally it is %systemdrive%\%windir% which just works whatever your drive letter is, however crazy thing is that for some it does it and for some it does not.

For map, try google picture search
yea, when i unstalled the beta and later restarted the pc it said (and still says cuz im too lazy to fix it) Corrupted boot.ini (or similar) starting from c:\windows.
anyhow, it still works
The speed is much more accurate compared to LFS
Well its just that the cars are hard to control at speed and theres traffic, if you go onto the race tracks the speed aint that great.

I done the race around the island in the AMG Merc thingy, average speed was 170mph and I beat all those stupid Enzo's and Lambo's.
Quote from Rtsbasic :Indeed, I quite like my one of them. Not yet found the US tuning shop though.

Don't like how a lot of the supercars have forced sequential gearboxes, and even the Golf does. An override would be nice.

Anyone wanna answer his question? Im gettin a G25 and TDU soon, so id like to know too
lol that second is .......lmao
haha great vid.

Finally got my shifter working with TDU, just started working for some reason even though didn't change a thing. This game is buggy though. 1 out of 5 time when I start it up the graphics are garbage, all I get is a see through car with tyres and springs and things flashing everywhere.
Quote from Davo :
Finally got my shifter working with TDU, just started working for some reason even though didn't change a thing. This game is buggy though. 1 out of 5 time when I start it up the graphics are garbage, all I get is a see through car with tyres and springs and things flashing everywhere.

I get the same thing with the corrupted graphics once in a while. Just alt-tab in and out the game a couple of times till its normal. Another bug thats not been fixed since the beta, but its nowhere near as bad as it used to be

Kinda wondering what the point was in the 2 beta tests. They didn't seem to have a fixed a great deal, frustrating because its otherwise a brilliant game IMO. Least the online works a lot better now compared to the beta - I end up driving with other people from the UK most the time, so theres a lot less lag.

Quick tip btw, took me ages to figure it out. If you want to see a list of all the online race events that have people in, just goto any one, goto Custom Match, Online Prefs, and tick the Show World Races or whatever its called, the top option. Much easier to find races to join.
here something fun to do:
take a look at the date the exe has been modified
Your always full of positive things to say aren't you

Note also how the version number is the same as the last beta IIRC?
On my P4 3GHz 1gb ram with Nvidia 6200 256mb card on only 800x600/medium its not wonderful, cant wait to get a faster processor soon and abit more ram with a 512 GFX card - Wanna get a G25 too
Quote :Nice driving! Is that the xbox360 version?

What are you using for a display? Is that a projector?

looks a little odd because of the zoom I used with the camera. Its PC version on a 20'' TFT :S
Quote from jamesrowe :On my P4 3GHz 1gb ram with Nvidia 6200 256mb card on only 800x600/medium its not wonderful, cant wait to get a faster processor soon and abit more ram with a 512 GFX card - Wanna get a G25 too

Your proc shouldn't be that bad, just get a half decent video card. I can run 30-40fps on my Athlon 3400, 1GB Ram, NV 7600GT, at 1280x1024. If I drop down to 1024x768 it goes to over 50fps, but its not my lcd's native res so looks shit.
Ahhh, I need to learn to Alt+F4 everytime when i want to exit game, because when I exit normally, whole PC freezes and must do restart
Quote from Rtsbasic :Your proc shouldn't be that bad, just get a half decent video card. I can run 30-40fps on my Athlon 3400, 1GB Ram, NV 7600GT, at 1280x1024. If I drop down to 1024x768 it goes to over 50fps, but its not my lcd's native res so looks shit.

hmm, need to get a new mobo for an AGP that that wont cost much! Might give it a shot
Quote from Rtsbasic :Your proc shouldn't be that bad, just get a half decent video card. I can run 30-40fps on my Athlon 3400, 1GB Ram, NV 7600GT, at 1280x1024. If I drop down to 1024x768 it goes to over 50fps, but its not my lcd's native res so looks shit.

hmm, i was thinking of overclocking my athlon xp 2600+ to a 3200+ ....

cuz thats the only thing what makes the game run poorly for me.
im scared though, cuz when i mess up i dont have any cpu (or money to buy a new one) anymore
With TDU the reported framerates vary a lot.. I run at 640x480 and I could say I get 55..85fps.. Which is true 90% of the time.. But there are times when it drops in the 40s. That is the reason I run at such a low res, to make the *lowest* framerate as high as possible.
Does anyone know if it's possible to run TDU in a window? I seem to get the best framerates at 1024x768 but it looks like a water-painting in full screen since my native resolution for my TFT is 1280x1024

I do get fairly good fps btw with my AMD 3400+, X800Pro... around 45 most of the time with drops to 30. Settings on 2xAA, 4xAF and Medium detail.
I don't get any drops below 30..have it plotted on my G15 screen and it maintains an average 36-38fps, with 30-35fps drops when loading new areas and entering build up parts.

[RCG]Boosted, I'd go ahead and overclock it. Athlons are pretty good, my old 2000 had no trouble reaching the same clockspeed as a 2600, once you bumped the voltage up a little bit. My 3400 I O/C 200mhz, which is about 3700 speeds I think, not seen it go over 45C.
Quote from Pino :Does anyone know if it's possible to run TDU in a window? I seem to get the best framerates at 1024x768 but it looks like a water-painting in full screen since my native resolution for my TFT is 1280x1024

I do get fairly good fps btw with my AMD 3400+, X800Pro... around 45 most of the time with drops to 30. Settings on 2xAA, 4xAF and Medium detail.

I've read somewhere on the atari forum a user suggesting using something called "tinyxp". It's a stripped down version windows xp sp2. All the things unnecessary for gaming a stripped out leaving a very lean fast version of xp.
You create a separate partion and install and play your games there.
Might be worth a look if your rig is mid or low end.

Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG