The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
i ordered the game!
but will take 1-2 weeks to get here
found it cheap only 40 € / 53 $ / 27 £ (enough currencys? :tilt.
i like amazon.de
seller is good too 99% positive for 1 year, dont think there will go something wrong

i cant waitttttttttt :eclipsee_
Some close calls there

What kind of simracer doesn't play in cockpit view?

I don't know what to play anymore, I enjoy TDU but I've discovered the STCC.... Bah, not enough time
Hehe yeah its a bit of a 'sin'! But the view turns its 'head' which is undrivable, and fps are 10+ lower than in bumper cam mode..
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What kind of simracer doesn't play in cockpit view?

i tried bumper cam, and its SO much better in TDU< the noise is clearer, and you see more

Still pissed at the fact it takes 1 full second to turn to the left, and another to turn back round at 160 there is just no time
eh.....
i drove either with cockpit cam or the hood (?) cam.
bumber cam just wont feel any good and i lose any sense of speed.
if u like it more noisy pull down the windows
can you actually pull down the windows?
Yes you can, it's cool.

Anyone have one spare computer, which would run TDU flawlessly?
2 more days....
Quote from Jakg :can you actually pull down the windows?

You just push W before entering tunnel and then floor it at tunnel, at least with Lambo it sounds kind of ok, not best sound, but kind of ok.

But still, those bugs, grrr. It would be best arcade racing game without bugs, imo. Only one arcade racing game that even I could drive without uninstalling after few minutes.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Yes you can, it's cool.

Anyone have one spare computer, which would run TDU flawlessly?

yup, it's called the Xbox 360.
I have a bug I don't think I've seen anyone else mention..I only get engine & radio sound out the left speaker. Ambient noise comes out the right as well, but nothing else does. Not a big problem becuase everythings just crammed onto my desk at the min anyway, but still annoying.

This is by far the best arcade racing game i've played in years, there isn't any single part that lets it down (except perhaps the number of bugs..but I've not encountered any serious ones). There's even a couple of things LFS could learn from this game.

Anyone started an LFS-TDU Club yet? Not yet come across anyone I know.
Quote from Rtsbasic :I have a bug I don't think I've seen anyone else mention..I only get engine & radio sound out the left speaker. Ambient noise comes out the right as well, but nothing else does. Not a big problem becuase everythings just crammed onto my desk at the min anyway, but still annoying.

This is by far the best arcade racing game i've played in years, there isn't any single part that lets it down (except perhaps the number of bugs..but I've not encountered any serious ones). There's even a couple of things LFS could learn from this game.

Oh, that bug was in beta already, so they did not fixed even that for release

How can it be that when you are delivering a car if you happen to drive on grass it count that as damaging the car?
There is many other annoyances too, biggest is cockpit view and ultra slow looking left or right.

Oh yes, fix to that sound problem is to decrease sound acceleration level from dxdiag, can't remember if one or two clicks was needed.
Has anyone succesfully mapped their G25 clutch and shifter in this game? I can't seem to get it detect the shifter buttons.
This is probably obvious but have you ticked the 'Enable H-Shifter' bit?
Yeah that's definately ticked because it recognised reverse but not nuetral or any other gears.
Quote from JTbo :Oh, that bug was in beta already, so they did not fixed even that for release

Oh yes, fix to that sound problem is to decrease sound acceleration level from dxdiag, can't remember if one or two clicks was needed.

Brilliant, thanks for that, sounds working correctly now, had to bring it down 2 notches.

Did report it as a bug way back in the closed beta, seems they didn't really fix much in the last couple of months.
gotta give this "fix" a try when i get the game.
had the same problem in the beta
Quote from Rtsbasic :

I didnt start it, but we have a [dSRC] club on there already...3 members and growing steadily as more of us get the game
i just realized that the uninstaller is genius
what better way is there to keep your game on customers disks than fear of having random system files deleted ?
You know what makes me sad?

It is that thing that people still buy it and give signal to industry that it is ok to release seriously buggy software knowing that it will contain bugs

We will see even more crap in future unless these kind of corporations are given lesson and only thing we can do is not to buy it until it is fixed.

Would like to see media to bring these issues up and put companies against wall, so they really have to start doing things right.

Who know what is next, they start to charge from bug fixes?
Quote from Jakg :iStill pissed at the fact it takes 1 full second to turn to the left, and another to turn back round at 160 there is just no time

Yes I hate that. By the time you check both ways on a delivery mission, someone can be comming from the other way again and T bone you and cost you a fortune :mad:

Quote from Davo :Has anyone succesfully mapped their G25 clutch and shifter in this game? I can't seem to get it detect the shifter buttons.

Didn't have any problems at all (yet), all gears / neutral & clutch works fine. If you miss a shift, it dumps into neutral and you have to go out & in again to get the gear.
For looking around I use the mouse, with a button on the wheel mapped to 'center view'.. It sorta works, but I guess we all should get Track IR'ed up!

as posted elsewhere : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AO0F5sLdVM

aparantly supported in TDU.. Me Likes!
$515,000 sitting there, saving for a McLaren F1, although i love my Z06, just glance down at the speedo, i thought i was doing 120-odd...

205 MPH!
Indeed, I quite like my one of them. Not yet found the US tuning shop though.

Don't like how a lot of the supercars have forced sequential gearboxes, and even the Golf does. An override would be nice.

Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG