The online racing simulator
lost my XRT.. used like 3hours to get that money!
now have a server up on one of my servers for testing Caribean Cruise Test its called.

1.) All users (including admins) starting from SCRATCH (4000)
2.) No Refunds full stop.
3.) Abuse will no longer be taken, Give abuse. take a ban.
4.) Please keep foul language to a minimum.

5.) Have fun, Hopefully this test will prove to provide a stable server to play on.

Remember to read the rules, and have fun.
Nice one Franky, hope you can keep good order like you did in OFP.

Quote from franky500 :
3.) Abuse will no longer be taken, Give abuse. take a ban.
4.) Please keep foul language to a minimum.

I warned someone about these rules you keep, he replied "ROFL IM AN ADUALT I DO WHAT I WANT BIOTCH". I was suprised how well he proved his maturity (and how proud his English teach would be).
CC can be a lot of fun, but being disconnected and losing your car is tremendously disappointing. The scenario I've run into each time so far is I'll save enough for an XRG, get to drive it for around for a few laps and then I'll be disconnected. Upon rejoining and having to buy a new UF1, I now have LESS money than when I first started and have to drive many more laps to even be able to afford the next best cars. Is it simply impossible to differentiate between random disconnects and choosing to leave the server when not in the pits? I don't have any disconnect issues with other servers, so I don't imagine my connection can be blamed .
Quote from DrDNA :CC can be a lot of fun, but being disconnected and losing your car is tremendously disappointing. The scenario I've run into each time so far is I'll save enough for an XRG, get to drive it for around for a few laps and then I'll be disconnected. Upon rejoining and having to buy a new UF1, I now have LESS money than when I first started and have to drive many more laps to even be able to afford the next best cars. Is it simply impossible to differentiate between random disconnects and choosing to leave the server when not in the pits? I don't have any disconnect issues with other servers, so I don't imagine my connection can be blamed .

Unfortunately it is impossible to detect a differentiate between the two with Insim. My only suggestion is to use the new server - Caribbean Cruise TEST. It's hosted with 500servers.com and its got a much better connection
Indeed, but please keep in mind that it is a TEST server and we cannot gaurantee you will keep whatever you earn there.
Is Chris one of the admins? Im not sure but. I pit directly in the garage the garage and loose my car. Anyways thats not the point. I was on there 2 days ago and a cop opened the bank. Not sure who. But he opened it and let everyone get some money whicfh is nice but is that allowed?
The way it works is that the bank is open if there's a policeman on duty - I think... lol... not even 100% sure myself. I can't rob the bank, you see, because I'm able to be a policeofficer (!group Police).

... and yes, I am an admin. So respect my authority!

Ahh I see. But how did I loose my car. First I was driving my XFG on the bridge then suddenly fined. The weird thing was that i was in the middle of the bridge no marshalls there. Then again I lost my FXO in the same day. I was inside pit garage 16 and lost it.
Server crashed again today at 1:42 PM US time. Refunds please I lost my RB4.
Quote from Btoryo :Server crashed again today at 1:42 PM US time. Refunds please I lost my RB4.

No Refunds are being given at this time, Also may i suggest you use the TEST server. runs much more stable.
lol @ people losing a car

rAnDoM
Quote from franky500 :No Refunds are being given at this time, Also may i suggest you use the TEST server. runs much more stable.

so i asume its probably very sure that ur server will become the main server and the other one, well it just wont be anymore ? so then we dont need to bother about the money and the cars in the main server (atm). From what i heard its proveing to be nice and smooth on the test server so, didnt really got the chance to play, srv's full all the time :Pe
We've had some ideas concerning Max's server, but that'll be discussed internally.
Quote from Alex_Tiger :so i asume its probably very sure that ur server will become the main server and the other one, well it just wont be anymore ? so then we dont need to bother about the money and the cars in the main server (atm). From what i heard its proveing to be nice and smooth on the test server so, didnt really got the chance to play, srv's full all the time :Pe

Just trying to make sure it stays on constantly being battered with connections ect. No gaurantees yet.
If there are still issues with stability then why is the penalty still so harsh for disconnects? I just lost a GTT and UF1 in a 5-minute time period due to disconnects only minutes after joining the Test server. That's what, 6-8 hours of driving wasted? Again, yours being the only server where I experience random connection problems. It seems as though the rediculous lose-your-car 'penalty' is affecting the supporters of this mod more than the detractors. Let us keep our cars and take a percentage of the money, or take our cars but give us more than 50% back, please.
DrDNA, there really isn't much they can do because of the "pit while in garage/don't hit marshal" part. It's just fact that if you disconnect, you will loose 50% of the car's value.

Franky, I was on pretty much all day, off and on. You probably already know this, but I'm on dialup, VERY solid dialup. The server was pretty much full all day, and of course I disconnected quite a bit. Lost many many cars. But the fact that I was able to connect and run for a lap or so says that it is a pretty stable server. Normally, with a full 23 connection server, I would lag out immediately upon entering. My max connection is around 18 people or less. So, I'd say it is nice and stable since I didn't lag out immediately. Later this evening (US), I had no problems myself with probably 15 others present. People complain about disconnects here and on other servers and blame the servers. Well, they need to look at their own connection if I am having no problems on 56k and they have problems on 2mb lines.

Now all we need is the lottery back to only allowing 1 per 24 with the insim, because the multiple lotteries were really getting out of hand. I could have choosen to do that and get my 6 or 7 cars back from my disconnects, but why cheat in a "fun" game that means nothing. I just don't understand it. One guy was pulled over by police and fined. He couldn't pay because he had no money. I watched him pull about 20 lotteries, even after multiple times being told, and sending all his money to his buddy. Then complained because he couldn't pay his fine. All the while, I lost 6 or 7 cars and was stuck in a UF1 all day because I don't cheat and go and get a second or more lottery ticket.
Quote from mrodgers :DrDNA, there really isn't much they can do because of the "pit while in garage/don't hit marshal" part. It's just fact that if you disconnect, you will loose 50% of the car's value.

Franky, I was on pretty much all day, off and on. You probably already know this, but I'm on dialup, VERY solid dialup. The server was pretty much full all day, and of course I disconnected quite a bit. Lost many many cars. But the fact that I was able to connect and run for a lap or so says that it is a pretty stable server. Normally, with a full 23 connection server, I would lag out immediately upon entering. My max connection is around 18 people or less. So, I'd say it is nice and stable since I didn't lag out immediately. Later this evening (US), I had no problems myself with probably 15 others present. People complain about disconnects here and on other servers and blame the servers. Well, they need to look at their own connection if I am having no problems on 56k and they have problems on 2mb lines.

Now all we need is the lottery back to only allowing 1 per 24 with the insim, because the multiple lotteries were really getting out of hand. I could have choosen to do that and get my 6 or 7 cars back from my disconnects, but why cheat in a "fun" game that means nothing. I just don't understand it. One guy was pulled over by police and fined. He couldn't pay because he had no money. I watched him pull about 20 lotteries, even after multiple times being told, and sending all his money to his buddy. Then complained because he couldn't pay his fine. All the while, I lost 6 or 7 cars and was stuck in a UF1 all day because I don't cheat and go and get a second or more lottery ticket.

Nice post, thank you.
see? this are the people who i would LOVE to play on this "magic" server!!! not all the mambojambos who are constantly "GIME MONEY U *******", and "move out of za' way im Streetracing idiot!" ! damn i'm sick of those! it was sooooo better when this was private (back in the early testings) and we pretty much knew all the people in there! it was great fun! why cand we arange 2 servers, pick 40 or more people, give'm passes and so we could play a nice and stable game? Well i guess, because we just cant ...

ok folks i wish you a very nice HAPPY NEW YEAR! go and enjoy yourselfs tonight! tomorow is another year! me ,out!
Hi,

Only just managed to find this thread.

I've been playing on the test server fine (In game name is Civpilot) and a day or so ago I was given a password to enable me to rejoin after a server reset. However, trying to join again today and that Password is no longer correct and I'm locked out?

Any chance of rejoining again? I did have an XRT (but this was taken when I pitted inside one of the garages (6 I think) in the main pit and switched to spectate mode. There was a couple of admins present but got no refund or much in the way of responces to the issue. but I guess they were busy with thier rolling police roadblock (which was quite fun to watch if a little restrictive on game play itself)

So guess I will have to try and work ont he money again if I can ever get back in.

Help please?
Quote from S2Gonzo :Hi,

Only just managed to find this thread.

8 pages now and I've only found this thread yesterday myself.

Quote :I've been playing on the test server fine (In game name is Civpilot) and a day or so ago I was given a password to enable me to rejoin after a server reset. However, trying to join again today and that Password is no longer correct and I'm locked out?

It is my understanding that if and when they need to reset the server or something, they hand out a password to everyone present so they can get back in after the reset. Then after everyone joins back in, they make the server public again. I saw this yesterday as I brought up the master server list in LFS and was surprised at not seeing Caribbean Cruise in the list with the filter set at public-yes and full-yes. I turned the private filter to yes and saw the server. A minute or so later, it was again public.
Quote from Alex_Tiger :see? this are the people who i would LOVE to play on this "magic" server!!! not all the mambojambos who are constantly "GIME MONEY U *******", and "move out of za' way im Streetracing idiot!" ! damn i'm sick of those! it was sooooo better when this was private (back in the early testings) and we pretty much knew all the people in there! it was great fun! why cand we arange 2 servers, pick 40 or more people, give'm passes and so we could play a nice and stable game? Well i guess, because we just cant ...

ok folks i wish you a very nice HAPPY NEW YEAR! go and enjoy yourselfs tonight! tomorow is another year! me ,out!

totally agree m8 happy new year
Thanks for the reply, mrodgers, but I'm not complaining that I'm getting disconnected at all. I'm not particularly surprised considering the amount of activity on the server! My only issue is the penalty for disconnects when they DO occur. I played on the test server for a combined total of literally 8 hours the other day without a single connection issue, with an average of 12-16 people connected during that period. That's how I was able to save up enough money to purchase an XRT. I only stuck around for a few minutes to do a few laps and then disconnected properly because it was after midnight and I obviously needed a break. Happy that I was patient enough to finally get a 'decent' car, I logged on the next day, waiting until the early evening hoping the server wouldn't be as busy because our european friends had gone to bed. Yet only a couple of minutes after joining the server I was booted while doing a lap. Several minutes later I tried again, hoping it was a fluke, and bought a UF1 to try to work my way back up the points again and this time I lasted a few more minutes before it happened again. A few hours later I joined the DSR server and raced for about 2 hours with zero connection issues, as always. Again, the ONLY server I have connection issues with. See where my anger originates from?

However, I've simply decided not to go back because I'm obviously going to be disappointed again in the future. Perhaps if things are further optimized then I'll try again, but I have a feeling that's it for me.

Good luck for the future.
Why are there two CLC servers private but one of them is not? (CLC 2) In CLC 2 I dont have my XRG so do i have to wait for the server I was in in order to get my car back? (It was just the CLC server). When will it go non private because i want to play!

Edit: And is it not possible to make the cars and money etc transferrable to all the servers?
There are now 2 servers sharing the same database.
They are both public now. 46 slots for your fun, thanks to Franky500 and his 500 Servers. Enjoy!

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG