The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
You're welcome. I'm glad to be able to help you :drink:
#77 - OPK
just want to say: very cool stuff, I always wanted to have something like that \o/

Smith, a bug report, look at this output:

NL.LFS BL1 Server 2.

As you can see André Nauta finished 2nd, but at the lap by lap chart, he is given 3rd.

Also, why am I not getting an anverage lap (also on other outputs)?
Quote from Krutch :Smith, a bug report, look at this output:
NL.LFS BL1 Server 2.
As you can see André Nauta finished 2nd, but at the lap by lap chart, he is given 3rd.
Also, why am I not getting an anverage lap (also on other outputs)?

Regarding avg lap, there was some early 1.277 version with such bug.
About missed position, I just don't know. I need more input info (*.tsv files at least). Who actually finished 2nd? Looks like we have photo finish there
The results are correct, it was André Nauta who finished 2nd.

I attached all the output files except the html.
I also have to say that I didn't follow what was in the readme and did run the replay at I think 8x speed.
Attached files
nllfs.zip - 8.1 KB - 243 views
Very strange situation, because in lap times data file Nauta's race time is smaller than Kok's, what is correct.
Only racers positions are wrong, and I can think of only one situation when it can happen - Nauta's lap time packet arrived later than his rival's one.
Anyhow I plan to get rid of positions data file and I'm going to rewrite positions graph so it shows position changes at every split instead of every lap.
hi smith,

works with DEMO version?

Regards,
JS
It will be ok with demo replays/demo servers as long as there are no joins of players during race progress. In case of one or more joins stats are going to be screwed.
-
(Neuron) DELETED by Neuron : NVM
Hi, there's one small problem that I haven't been able to find addressed in here... I run a Remote Dedicated Server, which means that it runs with the Dedicated Server Patch, and I actually run the game in my local computer. I have tried setting /insim 65000 in the black small "dos-like" screen that the dedicated server runs, and then trying to start Stats in the remote server as well, but I get some strange "packet error". I have tried the stats with the replay, and it works great.

Could someone please just write down the steps for making the remote server create the .html and the graphics? Just consider me very dumb, but I would need this explained almost click by click I usually get confused very easily.

Thanks in advance

Sergio
Quote from finnerss :I get some strange "packet error".

I'd like to see what "packet error" message is looking like exactly. Meanwhile, try this startup parameters:
stats.exe 127.0.0.1 64999 65000 "" dedi
replace 127.0.0.1 with your ip address, of course.

I tested this right now, and it works. One interesting thing is that even if you have a password set in your server, you don't have to specify it in stats command parameters, but this is unrelated to your problem

P.S. You are using last stats version, right?
Quote from smith :Very strange situation, because in lap times data file Nauta's race time is smaller than Kok's, what is correct.
Only racers positions are wrong, and I can think of only one situation when it can happen - Nauta's lap time packet arrived later than his rival's one.
Anyhow I plan to get rid of positions data file and I'm going to rewrite positions graph so it shows position changes at every split instead of every lap.

I think that is very possible, 'cos the finish was VERY close.

Maybe its an idea to wait like 1sec before adding a racer to the final result list, too make sure every packet has arrived.
Wrong graphs in Krutch's replay should look properly now with new graph version.
smith, is there any chance of you sharing the source code with me, please. I am trying to make an insim app (to do something very similar to yours) but I have only got the original LFS Control project and was wondering if yours was easier to start with. Also what do you write it in? Do you use VB or C++ and if so which flavour?

I will understand if you do not want to give it away that easily, so if you could just give me the minimal I need to initialise insim and start sending and receiving packets - I would be very grateful.

Tim
t1ger,
my program has nothing fancy within its insim interaction section. In fact, it's based on Scawen's insim demo, mentioned by you above, and practically nothing was changed in insim interaction part. Frankly speaking, LFSControl is a quite good basis to start from.

I wrote stats using C, but today I have a feeling I should've started with C#

Also, there are a couple of insim libraries by messiah and sdether which make insim programming way more convinient, maybe you should check them in LFS Programmers subsection of this forum.

If you still have any difficulties in any of the above possibilities, make a thread in LFS Programmers, you won't be left without the answer.
OK, thanks for answering me - will do.

Tim
Oh, I just remembered I have something you might need - http://lfsclub.mediagate.ru/temp/quali.rar
Basically that's a skeleton of insim program (with tiny bit of its own logic, which can be easily removed). All you need is to add your own packet handling blocks to UdpInSim.cpp / ReadUDPSocket() function. You just need to make sure not to remove sending of verification packets.
Any chance to make Stats! compatible also with qualify and practice replays?
It should basically log all laps completed by anyone that connects and than output the stats regarding "best lap", "best splits", "best possible lap" and "average lap"... in a format similar to the one already used for races

Another interesting feature would be the possibility to add some custom fields to the output of the report without having to add them manually.
It might be very useful for uses in leagues to make automated reports and add info like points gained and other league-specific infos

Thanks for your work! Really good job!
Quote from flyby3d :Any chance to make Stats! compatible also with qualify and practice replays?
It should basically log all laps completed by anyone that connects and than output the stats regarding "best lap", "best splits", "best possible lap" and "average lap"... in a format similar to the one already used for races

Probably it's possible, but I don't consider it as some useful feauture. Main program's aim is to analyse multiplayer (more than one player) races to compare racers perfomance, and there is not much of interest in hotlap or single player actions for me in terms of extracted statistical data...
Quote from flyby3d :
Another interesting feature would be the possibility to add some custom fields to the output of the report without having to add them manually.
It might be very useful for uses in leagues to make automated reports and add info like points gained and other league-specific infos

Uhm, yeah, some kind of templating definitely would be cool in theory, although I doubt anyone except a couple of people (including you) really needs it
Quote from smith :Probably it's possible, but I don't consider it as some useful feauture. Main program's aim is to analyse multiplayer (more than one player) races to compare racers perfomance, and there is not much of interest in hotlap or single player actions for me in terms of extracted statistical data...

I was actually thinking about multiplayer replay of qualifing events, such as in a league, to output a report in a similar fashion of what you get for the race itself
Smith, a bug report, look at this output:

(removed)

The last driver did not finish at 19th position, in game it shows 13th place as it's on lfs world

(removed)

That 30s penalty there is making the diference for lfs stats i think.
Quote from Pinto_PT :Smith, a bug report, look at this output:

AS Club Stats

The last driver did not finish at 19th position, in game it shows 13th place as it's on lfs world

LFS World Result

That 30s penalty there is making the diference for lfs stats i think.

Yep, he was penalised for something, thus he is moved down the grid. Looks like penalty info for the player was received in race finish packet, but of course it can be some bug too.

Can you watch the replay and tell me if he's got any penalty throughout the race progress and whether he completed this penalty?
Quote from smith :Yep, he was penalised for something, thus he is moved down the grid. Looks like penalty info for the player was received in race finish packet, but of course it can be some bug too.

Can you watch the replay and tell me if he's got any penalty throughout the race progress and whether he completed this penalty?

I saw the replay, and indeed he got a 30s penalty when entering pits on lap 33 (35 laps race), he went out of pits and on his 34th lap even before he completed his 30s stop and go penalty the first racers finished.

He entered pits to complete his stop and go, but after stopping the car on pits, i think he didn't stopped for 30secs because i saw on screen 30secs time penalty when he got out.

Then he crossed the finish line also when we was on pits, then all other racers started to complete their race.

If you want i can send you the replay, just PM me for that.

Hope you understood all I said
Ahh, I think I understand where my problem is - I equated all racers which got any type of penalty to disqualified ones. It's not good for sure, and will be corrected.
Quote from smith :Ahh, I think I understand where my problem is - I equated all racers which got any type of penalty to disqualified ones. It's not good for sure, and will be corrected.

Nice

And a very big thank you for developing Lfs Stats!

Pinto_PT, can you try to remake stats with this (censored) and inform me if anything changed?
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG