The online racing simulator
Steve Irwin passes away
(93 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :i hear his death was recorded (as he was filming), and that the investigators had to watch it - he managed to remove the barb from his chest before he died

from the description his manager gave on the news last night he pulled the barb out straight away.
ah, yea i forgot to put that in.
I'm surprised at how sad Steve's passing made me - big special on the news last night...guess I liked him more than I realised.

A friend of ours had to explain to her little kids what had happened and they were devastated... 6y.o. James was going to invite Steve to his birthday party next year and I think he's still in shock. Kinda breaks your heart actually
:)
He was great , just an amazing dude.

Does anyone else remember how he always used to reassure the animals he was chasing / engaged with ...

"You're alright m8 , just keep calm , thats a good girl"

It was almost as if he was reassuring all his crew at the same time I'd imagine hehe , I saw him do it in a few programs I seen him on , I really liked that about him , he showed no fear , and had lightning quick reactions if it went wrong.

That was on land of course , in sea unfortunately it is a different ballgame , but I dont even think he would have panicked during it or such , he always seemed quite calm.

RIP STEVE !!!!!!!!

Calum
I liked the guy !
Was he really that much of a celebrity? His name didn't ring a bell so I searched for a couple of clips on Google Video and I don't think I've ever seen this guy before.
Quote from Batterypark :Was he really that much of a celebrity? His name didn't ring a bell so I searched for a couple of clips on Google Video and I don't think I've ever seen this guy before.

Does it matter whether he was a film maker and world renowned star /

Personally i couldn't stand the guy,I believed he carried on like a pork chop and carried the Ocker image to the extreme, ppl say he did this and gave to charities, I don't know or care what a star he was or did. The main thing is he was a father and a husband

As a Christian I pray for his family and his kids that they can get through an enormously hard time, remembering Steves fame has the media in a feeding frenzy and the family has no peace at at. If Steve Irwin was a Christian then he's in better place than on Earth. If not .....

Here in Oz all the tv stations are re programming to do tributes, specials etc just to cash in on the ratings a sad event gives. So until the next war or something we'll be bombarded with Steve on every channel twice a week
The mans dead, let him go and give his family a break they dont want to see him on every channel while their grieving
Quote from ShannonN :Does it matter whether he was a film maker and world renowned star /

Personally i couldn't stand the guy,I believed he carried on like a pork chop and carried the Ocker image to the extreme, ppl say he did this and gave to charities, I don't know or care what a star he was or did. The main thing is he was a father and a husband

As a Christian I pray for his family and his kids that they can get through an enormously hard time, remembering Steves fame has the media in a feeding frenzy and the family has no peace at at. If Steve Irwin was a Christian then he's in better place than on Earth. If not .....

Here in Oz all the tv stations are re programming to do tributes, specials etc just to cash in on the ratings a sad event gives. So until the next war or something we'll be bombarded with Steve on every channel twice a week
The mans dead, let him go and give his family a break they dont want to see him on every channel while their grieving

Thats both true and heartless - Yes hes dead, hes left his wife and child behind but let people remember him for what good he did and pay their respects.

I quoted this in the "RIP Plus" thread but everytime i hear of anyone dying it makes me think of this one line
"If the people we love are taken from us, the way they live on is to never stop loving them." taken from the film "the crow"
I can see Shannons point of view - I hate it when people treat the recently deceased like saints. Princess Diana is a good example - EVERYONE without exception hated her when she was alive, and afterwards you couldn't fault the girl? Eh? What? I personally did grow to like Steve Irwin - maybe he'd have annoyed me in the pub, but on TV when I saw him I enjoyed his style - once I'd got used to it admittedly.

Another example is my brother - We used to fight and argue a lot, and he did lots of stupid things in stupid ways, was crap at sport and had a silly run. My mother was most upset when I recalled this not long after he died, but I was remembering HIM, not just the good side of him. Everyone has good and bad points, and everyone has different likes and dislikes. They, and the bad things about people, should not be forgotten when they die.

Simple
my kids enjoyed him and still do, and my best wishes goes to his family during this time. rip croc hunter.
With people around me in everyday life I don't dwell on their shortcomings, rather I look at the positives and the good in each individual and expect the best things of them. This can sometimes lead to disappointment but can also often lead to pleasant surprises (i.e. they grow in character).

So if I do that with "ordinary" people why should I do less for a "celeb" who called himself an ordinary bloke. I guess it comes down to how you look at life...

I agree that the media oversteps the line and feel for Terry and their children... but being in the public eye has a constraining effect on what you do on many levels, this is true of Priests, Celebrities, Politicians down to the humble Policeman (to varying degrees of course). Steve and Terry would have been well aware of this, but have chosen to live very public lives because they believed they could raise awareness of the cause they believe so passionately about. Steve gets my respect NOT because he was a celebrity but because of who he was, what he believed in and what he did (before and after he was a celebrity).

I actually didn't think he was as well known as what he actually was... and it is a pleasant surprise to see how far a field he was known. Australia is a land with some very colourful caricatures 99% of them unknown to the public eye...
Quote from sil3ntwar :from the description his manager gave on the news last night he pulled the barb out straight away.

Wouldn't have matter if he left it in, the barb puncherd his heart.

Have you heard the recent femnazie on the news?
At around 2pm I think it was, some femnazi was saying how Steve abused animals to get where he was, and we shouldn't idolism him, or some such. Basically she was using his death as a reason to try and get her own name in the lime light D:

Damn femnazies!
I got around to finding an avatar.
I was also surprisingly sad when i heard the news. Not that i didn't like
the guy, but i didn't like him, just found him very entertaining and possibly
owner of the biggest set of balls on this earth. Everyone who knows him
has imitated him once or twice. He's been caricatured on many shows
(south park comes to mind...) and will be remembered for a long time.

Of course, his death is ironic, poetic even.

Some die crossing the street,
some die from a momentary lapse of reason,
some die of old age, sad and alone,
then there are those who die doing what they love best.

He's lucky in a way.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Jakg :RIP - Although heres something i found on the net...

Plenty more out there....

This is the funniest one i've heared so far though.

"When asked about his favourite childhood programmes, Steve Irwin replied:"
"Thunderbirds was great, but there'll always be a place in my heart for Stingray."

Rip, funny australian croc loving nutter..
Attached images
raywatch.jpg
crikey.gif
HAHA. Them pictures are funny. Nice

Steve Irwin passes away
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG