The online racing simulator
Steve Irwin passes away
(93 posts, started )
I did see the steve's irwin special at animal planet im happy to saw that but kindda sad
Steve Irwin was awesome. He was absolutely perfect for his role. I can't believe he's gone, I just can't
wow outta all the deadly things he dealt with a freaken stingray kills him.
RIP
Rest In Peace Steve,

it shows how much he was admired that i heard he had died from 2 different people at work yesterday. There will never be a cooler australian representative and hero.

crikey!
I must say, I had no idea how much the big man was known and respected throughout the world.

May he rest in peace.
#56 - Gunn
Over fifty documentaries with a world-wide audience of 500 million people. Just for the record, Steve really did act that way in real life. It wasn't just for the cameras. For all of his rough-edged antics and larakin behaviour he was quite switched on about conservation and wildlife. A very serious campaigner.

Stingrays don't attack BTW, it was a freak accident.
Dad always encouraged us to have a love for wildlife, making us watch docos, getting us outside in the cold when he spotted possums and owls and stuff, making us stay perfectly still to watch emus drink from a puddle somewhere in the middle of nowhere...stayed with me forever.
At the start of Steve's fame I though he was a bit OTT but after a while I looked past that. He really grew on me and joined people like Attenborough and David Suzuki on my list of heroes. I'll really miss Steve's completely gung-ho environmentalism. He was pure gold Very sad for his wife and little kids, they must be devastated. I'm sure he loved them like he loved the creatures of the world...

btw I just heard George W Bush declared a "War on the Ocean" to hunt down this rogue stingray and bring him to justice...
Quote from Gunn :Stingrays don't attack BTW, it was a freak accident.

Thats not entirely correct Gunn.

They rarely attack.. only when they feel cornered and have no other choice.
Quote from pixelboy :Thats not entirely correct Gunn.

That's defending.
It's a huge loss for everyone, as I said in a earlier post, but, there are a little irony in this....

He died while doing a documentary..
This short text has been taken from the Wikipedia:

"Shortly after 11:00 a.m. local time (01:00 UTC) on 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the chest by a short-tail barb while diving in Batt Reef (part of the Great Barrier Reef), off the coast of Port Douglas in Queensland, Australia. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, to be called "The Ocean's Deadliest".".

The glory he put in everyone and the action he always put up will always be remember, as well as his none fear of any sort of animals.
No one above him, no one at the side of him, and thats how it always gonna be..

May your soul rest in peace, Steve Irwin.
Quote from blackfang :"Shortly after 11:00 a.m. local time (01:00 UTC) on 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the chest by a short-tail barb while diving in Batt Reef (part of the Great Barrier Reef), off the coast of Port Douglas in Queensland, Australia. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, to be called "The Ocean's Deadliest".".

That's very ironic.

I'm gonna be looking at how many people mention it at school today.

RIP Steve
(I know i've already said that but I think you should put it at the bottom of every post in this thead)
#62 - Gunn

BS.
Quote from Gunn :BS.

I've heard this is true, and I have been in the Carribean with divers that go and hold stingrays for you to pet (ones in Caymans are harmless though, but the still will swirl around and cause problems) If they feel their space is being violated or are under pressure as if they are prey, what other natural instinct might they have other than attack/defend or run away? Hence their name?

I dive quite a lot, and been around stingrays several times, they are friendly unless you really provoke them or irritate them. And knowing Steve, he was pretty pushy with grabbing animals and trying to demonstrate. I don't know why Steve didn't see it coming, maybe it never had a warning. Because they usually will raise their tail like a scorpion to show their stinger, and short-tails do this more often than your average 'docile' ones people can go diving with or pet at a zoo.
Statements from Queensland police, who had the unfortunate task of viewing the last few minutes of Steve's life on video (including the part where they say he managed to pull the barb from his chest), say that he wasn't antagonising the stingray...so who knows. I guess this is what people mean when they say "freak accident"
Quote from Hankstar :I guess this is what people mean when they say "freak accident"

Yeah tis a shame But ehh... Out of the thousands of lucky moments Steve has had when being around potentially deadly animals, it's not like his chances are 1 in a million, and you can't say you didn't see something like this coming... ehh. Those cobra bites to the face were always a sign If you haven't seen the documentary Grizzly Man, see it (great Werner Herzog film). You basically have a sense of what can happen when you have an extreme passion for animals :o

There will be no substitute for Irwin.
Ah yes, poor Werner. Not quite sure which animal I would trust less tbh - a 6 metre saltwater croc or a 2 tonne grizzly ...
Such a shame that decent and honest 'Celeb' is taken from us. A true legend who im sure will have a lasting legacy that helps out the various conservation projects.

RIP

But it was a freak accident that he got stung through the heart
Some say he was a bloody fool! Others say Cricky m8 he was just a showman...

In reality he was probably one of the most passionate crusaders the world has seen for the cause of conservation. Not only risking life and limb but also putting his money where his mouth is, donating much of his celebrity earnings to conservation initiatives.

I feel much respect for you Steve Irwin, you were a man of honour, integrity and passion. A man with a heart as big as this land of Australia... A man that is true through and through, who was as passionate off screen as on, who always on all occasions was an ideal ambassador for Australia and the cause of Conservation world wide. You will be sadly missed but your infectious zeal for life and this planet will live on in us all...

Quote from Steve about tackling crocs "If you gotta go in, go in hard!"

RIP
#70 - Jakg
RIP - Although heres something i found on the net...
I cant believe you have gone away Steve. Ive kinda watched your programs since i was just a little boy.

Cheers mate. Rest in piece.
oops, my avatar changed
When he went over the ridge on the edge of the reef the stinger went straight up and got him. Then almost instantly he pulled the stinger out.

Just a breif descirption of his final moment
#74 - Jakg
i hear his death was recorded (as he was filming), and that the investigators had to watch it - he managed to remove the barb from his chest before he died
Such a shame , he was the best animal lover out there! Will be greatly missed for ever and always close to everyones hearts . His poor poor wife and daughter
RIP

Steve Irwin passes away
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG