The online racing simulator
New Version 0.6T - More robust multiplayer system
(206 posts, started )
Quote from Scawen :Our plan is to do a small presentation in August. We want to write a little about the shadows and lighting and do some high resolution shots to illustrate.

Anyway, to thank you for being so patient, here's another medium resolution Westhill shot from a different angle in that same weather.

Again 1600x900 at this camera position:
/cp -8104131 21192096 392929 3623 300 0.0 40.0

very good Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :Our plan is to do a small presentation in August. We want to write a little about the shadows and lighting and do some high resolution shots to illustrate.

Anyway, to thank you for being so patient, here's another medium resolution Westhill shot from a different angle in that same weather.

Well. Damn. That is some incredible sheen.

I love the new textures, everything looks so amazing
I can't wait to try it out
Quote from sermilan :It shows a blank page for me... Shrug

Hmm, blank for me as well in a private window - works fine if I've already been to the site though.
I've been told it works eventually if you refresh a few times.

Never used that site before, so no idea what's going on.
did not succeed aswell Frown . Even tried with internet exlorer, ctrl+F5 ...
Quote from Victor :It tries to load an image from imgur but imgur returns a 403 Forbidden. I guess they don't like the referrer (cdn.knightlab.com)? Try hosting the image on another website.

Works fine for me Shrug
Yesterday it worked.
Now it's just a blank page for me too.
It shows a blank page for me.
-
(lucaf) DELETED by lucaf : misunderstanding
it works..
you have to allow scripts in your noscript or umatrix.

also the sun is standing differently in the pictures, see the shadows
Scawen and weight level for example? will pull much more by the medium computers? Smile
Yes a more modern graphics card will help. The shadow maps and high resolution textures do make the card work harder. But I don't suggest buying one now as it is still quite a long time until release. We cannot give any estimate. I hope to be able to add graphics options to make it run better on older cards but maybe we can see about that when it gets to test patch stage.

NOTE: I'm just thinking out loud, these thoughts are how I imagine things going, not how it will actually happen, and they are not promises.
Forgive my ignorance, but simply deactivating shadows would not be sufficient if it is a something gpu/cpu consumming ? (assuming texture resolution is an option)
Texture resolution is a good option. Deactivating shadows is also one but that is quite unsatisfactory as it would look worse than the old LFS. Maybe instead there could be options to reduce the range of the shadows or switch to a shadow method that accesses less shadow texture memory. There could be an option to avoid the specular highlights or skip the exponential fog. How much any of these options would help I really don't know as I have not got to that stage. But I think there are ways to improve frame rate without making things look too bad.

It may be possible for it to run on a really old graphics card that does not support shader model 3 but in that case I think it really would have the shadows switched off and no specular highlights.

NOTE: This option may or may not be a possibility and none of these are promised!
All sounds very promissing Thumbs up

Can't wait Wink
Quote from RC-Maus :All sounds very promissing Thumbs up

Can't wait Wink

"NOTE: This option may or may not be a possibility and none of these are promised!"

Big grin Don't jump the gun already though! ( EDIT: Yeah, a clumsy joke, but you get it for sure )
Sounds very promised... Big grin (/joke)
friends needed your opinion, because I'm really afraid that I'll be one of those who will not be able to play LFS with future updates Frown
I'm already in a laptop (I still can not find means to get a tower) and my laptop is like this

Intel P6100 @ 2.00 GHz
Memory 4.00 GB
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Do you think it's hard to cope with these new updates? is that I am really worried about this because so soon I think that I will not be able to have a fixed pc ready, maybe it will take even longer than two Months and until I still walk with this one that I can handle the LFS perfectly
even if it is at least for example (that he is currently at maximum)
Quote from joaopaulopt :friends needed your opinion, because I'm really afraid that I'll be one of those who will not be able to play LFS with future updates Frown
I'm already in a laptop (I still can not find means to get a tower) and my laptop is like this

Intel P6100 @ 2.00 GHz
Memory 4.00 GB
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Do you think it's hard to cope with these new updates? is that I am really worried about this because so soon I think that I will not be able to have a fixed pc ready, maybe it will take even longer than two Months and until I still walk with this one that I can handle the LFS perfectly

I think you are safe with your setup still for some time as Scawen has not given any estimation when even test patch stage can be achieved. Optimist is expecting it to be reached during this year, realist during next year and pessimist by the end of year 2020. And of course backup solution for possible performance issues if Scawen somehow get things super fast to mature stage for releasing test patches would be to stick with older LFS version.
off: promise/promised and promising have a different meaning Big grin
@joaopaulopt, yes, don't worry, @jkat is right. Thumbs up
Thank you guys Smile
I know it is not the right place to ask, but i have a little question about the physics-engine frequency being locked at 100 Hz:

@Rotareneg: "LFS "runs" at 100 Hz, so you're going to end up with a little stuttering if your display is locked at 60 Hz."

I've heard that BeamNG.drive is running at 2000 Hz, but it looks completely smooth no matter the frequency of your monitor 50/60 Hz or 100+ Hz.

In my videos i'm forced to use a fps conversion program (InterFrame) to convert the smooth 50 Hz / 50 FPS captured content to 60 FPS so it can look smooth like the other games with vsync-on played on 60 Hz displays.

So my question is this going to be improved somehow with the new graphics / physics update? Thanks!

New Version 0.6T - More robust multiplayer system
(206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG