The online racing simulator
New Version 0.6T - More robust multiplayer system
(226 posts, started )
Quote from Flotch :
For me classics are meant to be changed : no problem with this Big grin
Let's imagine Fern Bay and Kyoto a bit more designed for some corners, it would not hurt !

I'm not against subtle changes, just nothing too drastic.
I really like this news I'm looking forward to seeing how LFS will get with new updates Smile
Thanks for the update ...

There's a complaint. This update is constantly coming into the loop and it continues as if there is not always the same change or addition.

1.Map insertion feature may come up. I do not speak as a layout.
2.New blank car slots can be added.
3.Servers can be played by adding their own special vehicles, adjusting the power of the engine etc. and sharing them with the users in separate packages.
vb
vb
vb
vb
Quote from Scawen :OK - I've reproduced that too. When selecting "Open with Live for Speed" in Firefox's download dialog it is copied with read only attributes.

I wonder why that is. I suppose that temporary copy held by Firefox is read-only for some reason.

Quote from redbot_ :I'm running Firefox also. I checked the temp file stored by Firefox and it's marked read only. So it seems to be a problem with Firefox itself.
In IE there doesn't seem to have a problem directly running setups with LFS.

This is a guess, but it makes sense to me, so here goes:

When you open a file in Firefox without saving it first, it stores the file in a temp folder. This file (theoretically) will eventually be automatically deleted.

By setting the Read Only flag, Firefox is forcing programs to load a Save As dialog if you make changes to the file that you later want to keep.
If it didn't do this, people would accidentally permanently lose their changes after the temporary (now modified) file is deleted.
i get all the good ones... ***siighs***

top left corner...

what can cause this then ? because ive seen this in 0.6R too ?

all it takes is a restart of LFS , but still somewhat annoying.
same as the lights ? atleast then i would get it. but also the screenie is next to a treeline. that treeline went black, how i noticed in the first placed i had this glitch.

"yeees i know its the modded version. thats why i like to know what tracks i can work on and whatnot.so i can clean this install out,lol".
Attached images
lfsglitch.jpg
Quote from Scawen :I think you need to switch off the LFS logo. At the bottom of Options... Misc.

I think you have it set to be displayed, and that hides the FPS/Time but the logo is in turn hidden by the InSim buttons.

Sorry for the late answer, but I had already tried that.
Finally solved it by restarting the game, with the LFS Logo set off.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i get all the good ones... ***siighs***

top left corner...

same as the lights ? atleast then i would get it. but also the screenie is next to a treeline. that treeline went black, how i noticed in the first placed i had this glitch.

"yeees i know its the modded version. thats why i like to know what tracks i can work on and whatnot.so i can clean this install out,lol".

Is your problem only with transparent DDS files?
I'd put my money on corrupt graphic's card driver or a failed overclok on GPU memory.
Quote from Scawen :As we looked around with our thoughts on the screenshots, we noticed there are things I should work on to improve the screenshots.

That must be some English humor my lord Tilt
Do you suspect a negative feedback because of ugly screenshots of preview of a beta test patch? It is like... a screenshot of Work in Progress... if someone can't understand it, refund his license and ban forever.

Personaly I am ready to take a look of quick PrtScr > Paste more often in read only mode - without bothering your attention mr Scawen, best regards. Smile
Quote from Scawen :...improvements on some corners and so on...

I hope that the Westhill's infamous buggy kerb is on the list... if not so, please fix it because it has been a major headache to many drivers.
Quote from sermilan :I hope that the Westhill's infamous buggy kerb is on the list... if not so, please fix it because it has been a major headache to many drivers.

Bah...! No one forces to drive in regular layout to that spot. In my opinion, it is Excellent!

Sure! Not in terms of physics, so I partially agree. But still...
Quote from sermilan :I hope that the Westhill's infamous buggy kerb is on the list... if not so, please fix it because it has been a major headache to many drivers.

I am not sure, but it seems that final kerbs will be 3D, smoother, you name it. The all new Blackwood has same problem in civil area. If you drive on city kerb, wheel is teleported 3 inches up, and produces space forces for 0,001s. I assume they work different way in devs LFS version.

I suspect they're not,because the bug happens due tyre physics,which means that they will be fixed with the new physics. That's how I understood it.
Quote from Eclipsed :I suspect they're not,because the bug happens due tyre physics,which means that they will be fixed with the new physics. That's how I understood it.

While that's true (or at least expected by everybody) they could work with current version just by adding a bit of a slope to them. So they don't make the tire change suddenly 3 cm in vertical axis.

And we know that collision mesh and visual mesh is independent, so they could do whatever they want and fix with new version (or have now a workaround and then release the intended version).
Quote from pasibrzuch :Do you suspect a negative feedback because of ugly screenshots of preview of a beta test patch?

Yes!

We want to show some nice pictures. We noticed some flaws and thought I might as well work on them. It's a way to get things done. It's part of the development process, in just the same was that it was a good thing that Eric took a few days off the track he is currently on, to go over the already updated tracks to fix a few things.

It's a good thing that we are brushing up our work for the screenshots, not a bad thing!
Indeed it is a good thing, you hopefully do not photshop the thing like so many other game companies do !
NB : hope the new track Eric was/is working on could be part of the screenshots Wink
Quote from Scawen :Yes!

We want to show some nice pictures. We noticed some flaws and thought I might as well work on them. It's a way to get things done. It's part of the development process, in just the same was that it was a good thing that Eric took a few days off the track he is currently on, to go over the already updated tracks to fix a few things.

It's a good thing that we are brushing up our work for the screenshots, not a bad thing!

one of those things . could it be having water in the rockingham lake forexample ? Smile

Quote from Whiskey :Is your problem only with transparent DDS files?
I'd put my money on corrupt graphic's card driver or a failed overclok on GPU memory.

no. its more like coming and going. as i wrote. that one was known to me. and all it takes is a restart of LFS. i think its more a load problem of some kind. that image shows you graphic fail,in a place there should be none. the window in the car is one file so it shouldnt cut it like it did in the screenie.and the "square" follows the car when driving.so its not just the place or spot im in. it stays like that. well untill restarting LFS. but as said . in that version is alot of testfiles aswell which may be causing these issues. the one im working on was originally from 0.6R or below. some files was changed here and there. and trying ofc to be on top of that .but thats why i really look forward to finish these mods so i can clean the entire computer out. and start fresh.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Bah...! No one forces to drive in regular layout to that spot. In my opinion, it is Excellent!

I'm not sure if we are thinking about the same corner. I'm talking about the second to last corner in WE1 configuration where, if you put the rear tire a bit over the end of the kerb, it throws the car so violently.
(screenshot attached)

Maybe ironing a bit that end of the kerb would do until new tire physics are introduced?
Attached images
Clip.jpg
That corner now has 3D kerbs.

Using this camera position: /cp -3052607 -1380642 67659 -21680 548 0.0 40.0

Attached screenshot at resolution 1600x900.
Attached images
lfs_00000309.jpg
Quote from Scawen :That corner now has 3D kerbs.

Wow, what a difference.
The new one looks very good.
Keep up the good work Scawen and Eric Thumbs up

Am I seeing reflections with a fresnel effect on this post? Big grin
Attached images
capture.png
I dunno about fresnel, but the post's making a shadow, the lighting in general is much better and the textures throughout the whole scene have been upgraded. A preview of the upcoming preview, and it's looking good Thumbs up
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i get all the good ones... ***siighs***

top left corner...

LOL you completely screwed up your game didnt you? Lol what are you doing XD
Quote from nacim :

Am I seeing reflections with a fresnel effect on this post? Big grin

I don't think you see any reflections what so ever. It's just lit in a way where the sides are a bit brighter. Or it's in the texture. But hey at least we got fresnel on the cars, where it really counts Smile
Quote from Scawen :That corner now has 3D kerbs.

Thank you!

I guess we've got our first screenshot from the series expected in August Smile

New Version 0.6T - More robust multiplayer system
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG