The online racing simulator
New Version 0.6T - More robust multiplayer system
Hello LFS Racers,

Today we have released a new update. After some disruptive attacks that took place recently we were forced to make our website and multiplayer systems more robust. As an update was needed, we took the opportunity to do a few more improvements, including some extensive changes to the layout editor.

Over the last year and more we have been working on some major graphical improvements in Live for Speed. These are not included in this update. We plan to show some pictures of the improvements later this month.
EDIT: We now plan to show pictures in August as you can read in a later post.

Read all about this update and how to install it on the 0.6T information page.

- LFS Developers
Excellent! ( Also congrats to Silverracer for nailing guess contest! Tongue )
Very good new version, but do you have any prediction of something like new car, engine change or track? Thanks in advance.
We don't have any predictions for other things. The graphical updates are really important and I still have some more work to do on them. Eric still has some tracks to update. Depending on the timing, maybe I can get the tyre physics updated to a good state in time for the graphical update, although it is possible to release the new graphics with the old tyre physics. The long awaited tyre physics update is also really important because we'll be able to move into the future and consider car updates and so on. We'll see how the timing works out.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :
Small Question tough:

will hotlaps and replays still be able to record/run ?
"wakely remembered something about saying it would not be able too,in next patch" ?

I just uploaded a poor hotlap from version 0.6T and no problems occured.
Hotlaps weren't allowed to be posted from test patch only.

Quote from Scawen :
You cannot upload hotlaps made with this test patch because it is only a test patch, not an official patch.

GG

next we want to increase this to 2048 * 2048 in game! pls
I unlocked S2 but the lfs.net watermark is still there... Any idea how to remove it?
Options/Misc - bottom-est one
Nice, regarding something a bit off topic, can you consider doing a monthly recap of what you guys have been doing in development?
In a similar way as the guys who are developing Squad
(https://joinsquad.com/#updates)
Quote from Scawen :We don't have any predictions for other things. The graphical updates are really important and I still have some more work to do on them. Eric still has some tracks to update. Depending on the timing, maybe I can get the tyre physics updated to a good state in time for the graphical update, although it is possible to release the new graphics with the old tyre physics. The long awaited tyre physics update is also really important because we'll be able to move into the future and consider car updates and so on. We'll see how the timing works out.

I completely understand Scawen, thank you for the answer, I imagine the whole community is waiting for these updates, but neither considering a change in the power of the beloved xrt could not be placed? hahahaha anyways, thanks for all these years and still keep the game in the active after all!

Thanks from brazil Live for Speed forever
I think you have to be on the track to do that.

Quote from CyanOnur :I unlocked S2 but the lfs.net watermark is still there... Any idea how to remove it?

Who knows, when will LFSLazy will be updated to 0.6T?
-
(klbbadd2002) DELETED by Scawen : insulting post that would create arguments
-
(Max_74) DELETED by Max_74 : No need that message
On a graphics note, I found pretty cool effects in Spintires sim. It has dirt stains, wet surface effects and some lightnig system I don't like much.
Anyway it uses DirectX 9.0c too! Maybe it is worth to lurk deeper and borrow some solutions? Smile
Congratulations for this update guys Thumbs up
And good luck for the graphical updates to come !! Can't wait Big grin Big grin Omg omg omg
Oh you tease! Can't wait, best of luck!
Thumbs up But I can't wait for the next update Smile

And really looking forward for teasers Omg omg omg
Teasers about teasers are just plain teasing...
Am I the only one who finds the Layout editor extremely difficult to use? I've noticed few things when trying to build one.

- Can't zoom while choosing multiple objects
- The gray object line is blocking the view when placing another object (I would suggest that a button toggles it on or off instead of holding alt for a moment)
- Objects are invisible when clicking an object already placed on the ground
- Floating objects are also more difficult to place correctly

Might take a while to get used to all this, I just prefer the old layout editor.

I have to say there are few positive things about it as well, For example:
- When holding ctrl you can choose objects just like shortcuts on your desktop
- Undo & Redo
- Marshall circles can be now 0 meters.
Just to point out one thing. Scawen is probably very confident about pushing out tyre physics and graphical improvements if he spoke about it. But let´s be patient, in programming there is a lot of unexpected things that can ruin your day/month/year Smile
Quote from Jonzu95 :- The gray object line is blocking the view when placing another object (I would suggest that a button toggles it on or off instead of holding alt for a moment)

From the releasenotes: https://www.lfs.net/patch-6t

ALT key can be used to temporarily hide selected object outlines
Quote from Jonzu95 :Am I the only one who finds the Layout editor extremely difficult to use? I've noticed few things when trying to build one.

Might take a while to get used to all this, I just prefer the old layout editor.

I have to say there are few positive things about it as well, For example:
- When holding ctrl you can choose objects just like shortcuts on your desktop
- Undo & Redo
- Marshall circles can be now 0 meters.

I think mainly it is a case of getting used to it. I did include input from experienced editor users. It can do everything you could do and more, but with some confusion removed. Occasionally there is an extra key press though.

In the test patch forum I wrote an explanation including the reasons for some of the changes:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92152-The-layout-editor-changes
Quote from Yisc[NL] :From the releasenotes: https://www.lfs.net/patch-6t

ALT key can be used to temporarily hide selected object outlines

I know, That's why I suggested that it could be toggled to hide it permanently instead of temporarily.
Scawen, I would suggest you to include that link on how to use the new layout editor in the news page. Might be helpful for someone who didn't follow the test patches.

Also, in the news page there's no new line between "Multiplayer" updates section and "Layout editor" updates section

E: Am I the only one who didn't receive news e-mail? The option is set to "yes, please" in the personal details.
Yesterday I updated my LFS, but when i went trough all startup options, when i clicked on last `Go` button, it freezed on that screen. There were 2 LFS on that computer, so the same happened with other version of lfs also. I had to `end process` in task manager.
Somehow AVG antivirus also deleted lfs.exe for LFS, so i cant run it anymore Big grin
Attached images
lfswtff.png
avgwtffff.jpg

New Version 0.6T - More robust multiplayer system
(210 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG