The online racing simulator
Quote from Forbin :

AFAIK, Scawen's current work is more about the frictional behaviour of the tyre.

but imho, that bug should have at least same priority. just saying.
999 tire temp
no any mods used, just put hardest tyre (R4), make it go very cold, then handbrake on and full throttle

EDIT: no, tyre is not flat, still after this post over 250 temp
Attached images
lfs_00000105.jpg
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :EDIT: no, tyre is not flat, still after this post over 250 temp

To get a flat tyre the game checks whole tyre average temperature. So if AVG temp < 255ºC everything is fine, despite one of the 16 sectores reached 999ºC
Quote from Whiskey :So if AVG temp < 200ºC everything is fine, despite one of the 16 sectores reached 999ºC

Fixed for you...
Quote from Whiskey :To get a flat tyre the game checks whole tyre average temperature. So if AVG temp < 255ºC everything is fine, despite one of the 16 sectores reached 999ºC

Quote from Eclipsed :Fixed for you...

yes, it was just a test, and tried to reach temperature as high as possible, but only showing 999

still, I did not knew it checks like that, I thought surface will do it as well.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, that's an error or rather a not-yet-done part of tyre heating. Tyres only pop due to overheating when the average temperature over the whole circumference of the tyre gets > 200°C. Right now you can easily have one section at 999°C as long as the average is still below 200.

It seems to be 200º as Eclipsed pointed out. The 999º example was already known as soon as 2006.
Quote from Whiskey :It seems to be 200º as Eclipsed pointed out. The 999º example was already known as soon as 2006.

It could be actually more, but only 999 is shown, that's for sure, as it was quite long pointing 999 before drastically decreasing the indicate.

Also, never knew this before. I knew before it could be more than 250 but this was 1st time I actually tried it, without any plans of purpose.

oh well, time to sleep. No one employer really wants sleepy "minion" on their cause.
It's bin quiet a while now....

Hope we get another x-mas present this yearUhmm
Quote from RC-Maus :It's bin quiet a while now....

Yea, it's pretty sad indeed. TC's forum is Woodstock compared to this.
Quote from chucknorris :Yea, it's pretty sad indeed. TC's forum is Woodstock compared to this.

lol.

Quote from RC-Maus :It's bin quiet a while now....

I hope we don't get another update for the sake of it. That's what last Christmas' update seemed like. I'd prefer something worthwhile and don't mind waiting longer for quality and quantity.
Quote from mbutcher :I hope we don't get another update for the sake of it. That's what last Christmas' update seemed like. I'd prefer something worthwhile and don't mind waiting longer for quality and quantity.

Oh Westhill + Rockingham where great really quallity and i also liked the new mirrors
Quote from RC-Maus :Oh Westhill + Rockingham where great really quallity and i also liked the new mirrors

Undeniably so but I hoped for more in the initial S3 release like the sort we had for the initial S2 release.
Thats why i hope for a big x-mas present in LFS lol

Hope scawen will give us some info
Quote from mbutcher :I hope we don't get another update for the sake of it.

Yes and no. Well,it's still good to have fresher date under latest release for better promotion - new users would see that sim is still actively developed. Then again most who would care about that date aren't the auditory we hope to see in servers. In Latvia there's a saying which kinda a fits in this case - "it's a stick with 2 ends". Shrug
Indeed it would be a good idea to have Eric showing us some snapshots of its secret tracks he is working on to complete the S3 package ^^
Quote from Flotch :Indeed it would be a good idea to have Eric showing us some snapshots of its secret tracks he is working on to complete the S3 package ^^

Exactly... I miss the hype surrounding content updates, especially when we got teasers.
Xmas is just around the corner, I indeed expect something new!
Guys remember the time when they teased us with new WE teaser? That was awesome!
Nah, I don't want any teasers. I went through High School AND College waiting for tyre physics :-X
Making teasers for tracks is much easier than for things like physics because you know if you are almost done. I assume Scawen has had many moments when programming when he thinks he has worked it out but then something else pops up because of the changes he has made and he needs to work that out as well.
I remember the hype we had around the blackwood guru! Damn those where the days. Big grin
I member!...
Member the old blackwood? Big grin
There have been 3 old Blackwoods! To which are you referring? Tongue
For Christmas, I'd be happy with a big announcement on how tires physics are going, a preview of the future tracks, maybe in a video Smile

And today I finally had the opportunity to try LFS with the Oculus Rift, and damn, it was fun!

I didn't had a wheel nor my own LFS installation with mod, but it was still really fun !
The new mirrors are on a whole new level in VR, and the possibility to see ourself in it is just mad, even my teacher had fun doing it! Big grin
BTW, it seems that VR really helps people figure out the handling in LFS, I made my friend and teacher try it, and in less than 30 seconds they got the basics where I'm sure no one would have survived with a standard display!

The only complains I can make are:
- The low resolution of the headset is really visible on LFS, I can't even distinguish things that are far away, it just look like a pixel mess. I think using supersamping and a temporal filter would greatly help
- The UI is a bit hard to aim, adding a hover to the buttons and a bit of aim assist would be great
- Adding gamepad controls out of the box is really awesome, but damn, why the analog steering smoothing is not enabled by default with it ? Just like I requested before, please make this parameter controller dependent and not global, and set it to max for the default controller setup

Anyway, that was fun, and I hope that I could try it on the HTC Vive in two weeks. Keep you updated! Keep it up ScaViEr! Thumbs up
Saint Nicholas' Day today ...
Just to say it, no special request Big grin

New version 0.6Q - Realistic mirrors, better controller support and more
(244 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG