The online racing simulator
"No special request" Rofl
Quote from nacim :For Christmas, I'd be happy with a big announcement on how tires physics are going, a preview of the future tracks, maybe in a video Smile

True, has been one year since the release of S3. It's true that they didn't promise that going to release anything else, but Im sure that them are working on something.

Hope that there is a big present for us as Xmas!
Who knows what we will get this xmas. Please let it be a big juicy box of things ;D
"It's true that they didn't promise that going to release anything else"

WHAT?!

I think you're forgetting the VW Scirocco...
Quote from BeNoM :I think you're forgetting the VW Scirocco...

And you forgetting the new SO track Smile
And the tyre physics, the list goes on... Ya right
I think Borja means promises for S3, not LFS. Also, when was the new South City every announced, gibasa?
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1900930#post1900930

Yup, he never said it was coming soon or anything and considering how long it took to develop Rockingham (even though it was nearly finished in 2011...) I don't think we'll be seeing an SO update for another few years.
oh well rip
For sure an updated giant South City would be awsome ... and I prefer not to mention an updated Fern Bay Big grin ...
The "couple of tracks" for S3 are THE stuff I would like to see on snapshots (... at least Tongue ) : it would be a nice xmas present anyway !! Dreams do come true Petals
Quote from Flotch :Dreams do come true Petals

But Always unexpected Thumbs up Lets keep on dreaming I'll keep on dreaming about track shaders and better interiors maybe 1 new car or track Cool
Long, long, dreams.

Anyone remember what we got last Christmas? Hmm?
Quote from RC-Maus :But Always unexpected Thumbs up Lets keep on dreaming I'll keep on dreaming about track shaders and better interiors maybe 1 new car or track Cool

Wait, guys (including me) are dreaming about some announcement that something is being created and will be released in some future, not about delivery itself. You are stretching it too far by dreaming about new car/track already now, this year.
Quote from Ped7g :Wait, guys (including me) are dreaming about some announcement that something is being created and will be released in some future, not about delivery itself. You are stretching it too far by dreaming about new car/track already now, this year.

1 new car after, what, 8 years? I wouldn't say that is stretching anything.
^^^ Exactly

1 new car that has already been made (models and textures), after multiple years. How is that stretching anything.
Scawen has said that any new cars will be after the tyre physics, due to the amount of testing and tweaking they require to match the physics engine.
And this year we will be one year closer to the release of new tyre physics. Omg omg omg

Uhmm Did I Say That?
Quote from Racon :Scawen has said that any new cars will be after the tyre physics, due to the amount of testing and tweaking they require to match the physics engine.

And we were promised the physics years ago, Nacim seems to think we're getting them very soon, but I highly doubt that...
Any form of communication would be welcome at this stage.
Smile
Quote from BeNoM :And we were promised the physics years ago, Nacim seems to think we're getting them very soon, but I highly doubt that...

Very soon, no, but they are on the tracks for good this time IMO. He's currently refactoring the physics to fix the flaw and make compromises compared to reality in order to have them working right quickly, because, as he said, he understood that he can't match the reality, and that's the point of a simulation, you have to do compromises.
We haven't got updates on how's it's going since the last time he explained us what's his plan, so I waiting for a progress report before assuming things further.
"since the last time he explained us what's his plan"

Would you be able to post a link to that? I'm interested in reading it Smile
Quote from BeNoM :"since the last time he explained us what's his plan"

Would you be able to post a link to that? I'm interested in reading it Smile

Just read Scawen's posts in this thread from September time and you'll be aware of where he is focusing on atm.
Quote from jkat :Just read Scawen's posts in this thread from September time and you'll be aware of where he is focusing on atm.

Thanks!

I read a bit and came across Scawen saying this: "We have always been interested in eventually releasing track and vehicle editors and we still hope to do so". Does that mean mod support in the future or like customisation options?
Quote from BeNoM :Thanks!

I read a bit and came across Scawen saying this: "We have always been interested in eventually releasing track and vehicle editors and we still hope to do so". Does that mean mod support in the future or like customisation options?

Kinda. DLC-like... or who knows.

New version 0.6Q - Realistic mirrors, better controller support and more
(244 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG