The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Quote from TypeRacing :Actually you can use fully functional "normal" RBR if you press "Launch Richard Burns Rally SSE". Then normal RBR will start, with mod and car pack you selected.

Yes, but the new stages will wreak havoc with the AI times in career mode, which as I've been led to believe, won't be updated to reflect the different stages.

In any case, RSRBR or not, I've never gotten a downloaded stage to run in RBR anyways; I always get a CTD within the first 20 seconds. I'm fine just using the existing stages and manually installing the car(s) that I choose, I just wish there were more stages by default for the championship
Hello, can someone tell me where can i find mods to RBR or custom tracks ?
Rallyesim.com
Quote from MAGGOT :I haven't got RSRBR installed because I like doing the full championships. I replace the cars manually, though, and then just run the original stages in championship mode. I really wish RBR shipped with twice the stages that it has...

Don't forget that RSRBR always let you play with standard content to play championships
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
I tried RBR-World and Its not bad.
Complex application for RBR with all mods, tracks, cars, Multiplayer....
www.rbr-world.com
My mom was nice enough to throw out every single game I had while I was at the uni, and have my dad wipe our PC's hard drive, so I lost my copy of RBR. Anyone know where I could get a (non-pirated) download link of it that isn't Gamesplanet.com (screw their region locking)?
AFAIK it never ask for the CD after installing both oficial patches, so I guess it should be easy to find the original copy, without cracks, in any known site.
HEEEEEEEEELP!

Whenever I start a race in RBR it's in slow motion, the seconds last twice as long and the graphics are all slowed down, feels like I'm driving in a dream. Anyone had this bug and know how to fix? Tried fresh install but still nothing.

EDIT: Issue was resolved by rolling back to a graphics driver from late 2012 (i know, right), have submitted a report to NVIDIA for a fix!
Does someone know how to unlock Peugeot 206 in the original game?
wasn't it mulligatony as player name or something similar ? Big grin
I don't mean that mulligatawny or whatever it is, I mean what event I have to win to get it.
Thanks! I'll start trying it.
Picked up RBR again recently. It's still very enjoyable, but the codriver mixing major and easy corners really kills the mood (and the car).

I'm pretty sure I came across an improved pacenotes pack for original RBR tracks years ago which fixed most of the issues. But I don't recall the name and Google isn't helping. Does anyone know what it might be and where to download it?
Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware of RBRdll and its pacenote editor. The pacenotes pack I mentioned was an archive of track-**_*.dls files, possibly made with RBRdll, that should replace the game's original files. I could go through each track myself, but if someone has done the work I would prefer to use it, or at least adopt the pack as a better baseline before working on my own version.
Anyone find a fix for RBR on Win10. I have tried compatibility modes any everything but it just doesn't work. Anyone have a tutorial or am i stuffed?
What errors are you seeing? It's running well for me on Win 10 without compatibility modes.
I haven't tried it in a wee while but to my knowledge it was just refusing to load, no errors or anything...
Have you installed both game patches (1.01 and 1.02)? RBR doesn't have a problem with modern Windows, except for the Program Files folder, AFAIK.

Here's a xmas present while we all wait for tyre physics etc for LFS.

This is RBR 2016, NOT RSRBR !!!

This is RBR with 2016 cars, it's a complete mod using NGP, new tyre models, new physics, reworked graphics (sort of !), just download the link.

Do not use the Rally School though, it's a bit broken.

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/12/11/still-the-king-richard-burns-rally-2016/
"RBRPlus have taken the base Richard Burns Rally install, along with both retail patches released by SCi, and injected them with all relevant third party plugins necessary to run the game on modern PC hardware – such as resolution fixes, support for multiple inputs, and performance tweaks to get the most out of the application. They’ve also replaced the default car roster and list of AI drivers with the full fleet of cars from the 2016 WRC championship and WRC2 support series, powered by a completely revitalized set of physics that have been re-built from the ground up and draw upon lessons learned from ten years worth of tire model advancements made in other racing simulators.

In short, these random guys from Argentina created the ultimate 2016 World Rally Championship simulator, and the free download weighs in at just 1.6 gigabytes."
Last time I tried modding RBR I broke the entire game lol
@Racer X NZ: Cheers! I've been thinking of reinstalling the game, but the prospect of going through tons of mods always made me postpone it.
Quote :As the original Richard Burns Rally is considered abandonware software, and SCi Games no longer exist as a developer, this mythical rally simulator is now freely available for all to download – which RBRPlus took advantage of for the benefit of the sim racing community.

I understand that legal actions are rarely taken for abandonware, but does that mean this behavior is actually legal?

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG