The online racing simulator
New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
Work and school => end of holidays... If you work at a regular shop or club/discotheque you will see the same effect every year; no people. Or try to create a meeting between a large group of friends, impossible, everybody is a full month completely busy with new years receptions. At least this is my experience. January is mostly not a good month for group activity unless it's a new years 'reception'. Big grin

And well, minor patch update is coming up.. Nice little wake up call.
I think a dedicated S3 server does not make so much sense.
After the initial exploration it is like having a server that only runs South City. (or any other track) When I raced Rockingham public it was on the server named B2R (born2race). usually I just drive events, there a few each week and now of course new track is used often. Like FOX friday had good racing on Rockingham recently. The barrier to entry is low for most races, just have to read some password or join teamspeak, takes half minute..basically it is public except less crashes.
It doesn't make sense so thats why all tracks are being offered after the holidays, had some fun yesterday @S3 in S2 mode. But the question was very simple and the answer is no. Can decorate it with flowers and everything but it just isn't. Public racing ànd event racing (very difficult for some timezones) are nowhere near 2008-2012 levels. The way down was long, the way up is even longer.
purchased S3. hope it helps stimulate more development. LFS is a fantastic sim and one of the better driving experiences. I would love to find some amateur/semi good league or club where we are beyond crashing but not aliens.

To people complaining about price. One track one time purchase. No monthly fee to use forever. and you can race over LAN without an additional purchase of another version of the game.

thanks guys!!!
When i seen S3 i was like... child again that get new toy to break, but..
I'm disappointed. After all this time, S3 came out with only one track and nothink more.

So i have a question Scaven, will S3 get some new vehicles / tracks in the future, by future i mean next 3 years...
Quote from eX-Driv3r :When i seen S3 i was like... child again that get new toy to break, but..
I'm disappointed. After all this time, S3 came out with only one track and nothink more.

So i have a question Scaven, will S3 get some new vehicles / tracks in the future, by future i mean next 3 years...

Yes, S3 will get future content free of charge, but when it's finished.
Quote from eX-Driv3r :So i have a question Scaven, will S3 get some new vehicles / tracks in the future, by future i mean next 3 years...

Seriously, which part of "we cannot provide a guarantee that it will be released" do you not understand?
0.6K8 is now available!

NOTE! You only need the small K8 patch if you already have K7.

Misc :

Moved ABS option in car setup above the Traction Control option
TCP position packets option now also sends TCP packets to host

Borderless window system :

Cleaner switch between (borderless) windowed and full screen modes
Full screen vertical sync option now affects borderless window mode

VR :

Warning if Rift headset is opened using the OpenVR system
Text command /rift changed to /vr (but /rift still works)
New parameters for the /vr command : /vr=rift and /vr=openvr

Fixes :

User interface elements should now be perfectly aligned with screen
Rare MP bug could cause LFS to enter world before track was loaded
AI path drive limits were wrong at one corner of Kyoto National

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88821
Quote from Flame CZE :Thanks to the new 'input when window is inactive' feature, only in LFS can you now control up to 40 cars at once! 40 for the price of 1! And that's worth it! Na-na

I tried 9 and it was getting quite laggy at times, but it works Big grin

yey! offline multiplayer! Big grin Who needs Mario Kart when he can get this!
Quote from piapot :purchased S3. hope it helps stimulate more development. LFS is a fantastic sim and one of the better driving experiences. I would love to find some amateur/semi good league or club where we are beyond crashing but not aliens.

To people complaining about price. One track one time purchase. No monthly fee to use forever. and you can race over LAN without an additional purchase of another version of the game.

thanks guys!!!

This. Thank you Smile
Well you will all be pleased to hear that I have a new system now. Built a Haswell i3 @3.4ghz with 8gb ram. very similar to the suggestion a few pages back. Using some new and some used parts. Total cost £183. Waiting on some gift vouchers from work for a well known PC chain in the UK to buy a graphics card. So using the onboard graphics for now and with 0.6K all I can say is......

Holy FPS Batman!!!!

Can race a full field of AI, sky on, rubber in, car reflection things on 8, AA on 4x and never drop below 60fps running at 720p.

It's a completely different experience. Amazed!!
Excellent, welcome aboard Smile
Nice, if every guy of the LFS community with an outdated computer could do just like you, that would be perfect.

By the way Scawen, you should really consider implementing some stats report on LFS, so that you know the hardware and software your playerbase uses, and keep your game updated without worrying for compatibility Wink

I'd love to know how much ppl here still uses this prehistoric Windows XP, pre-2008 GPU, or single core CPU.
Runs so smooth now. Need to learn to drive again. Can't wait to get my graphics card now. Then I'll get an S3 licence.
Quote from SmokeyBanjo :Runs so smooth now. Need to learn to drive again. Can't wait to get my graphics card now. Then I'll get an S3 licence.

Those weird things you see now are called fps, many people (some of them on mega next-gen consoles) are afraid of them when exposed Razz

Joke aside, people with very bad frame rates usually get used to it and can't understand that their current fps are awful to play any game.
-
(bobloblaw) DELETED by bobloblaw
I'm using a Radeon HD7770 and getting +100FPS with everything maxed. The peformance is incredible.

Getting back in to LFS now big style.
Having a few issues with the screen freezing on 0.6k. Only when the AI have tried to occupy the same bit of track as me and we've ended up in the barrier. It's never happened when racing. Game still runs, sounds, mouse control etc but screen freezes and won't come back. Not sure if it's just my system or a bug.
Quote from petercollins :I'm using a Radeon HD7770 and getting +100FPS with everything maxed. The peformance is incredible.

Getting back in to LFS now big style.

shift+f11 go to 500+ fps
Quote from cargame.nl :More then 100 fps is not required, even costs unnecessary energy consumption.

(3D mode excluded -> 120/144fps).

500 fps is e-penis talk.

1200+ here, what kind of talk is that then?

( btw, More then 100 fps is not required, even costs unnecessary energy consumption.. Very true )
Does fps = physics calculations per second also, or are they independent of one another?
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG