The online racing simulator
Quote from Ziomek21 :+1, any more content is welcome, I don't understand why you would make something work perfectly fine and then throw it away.

Guys, did you see my post that there is a sunset config that has been deleted, temporarily, from the public version to allow the version to be online compatible with the official version for this weekend?

There is a maximum of four lightings per track. When the incompatible version comes out., there will be four. Eric has obviously chosen the four that he likes the most.
Quote from blackbird04217 :This probably isn't high priority but it seems to me the KY2 PTH file is outdated.

I see in the track editor, that is how it is. It's just a bug that has always been there. Not usually noticed as our AI drivers can test the physical surface when creating their line. I've made a note to see if I can do some kind of repair job on it.
Driving the fz50 today, noticed that you have abs settings followed by tc on/off and then tc settings followed by abs on/off. Probably always been like that, but I never really drove it before. In any case it's a bit topsy turvy.

Love the Rockingham updates. Some really nice little touches and the road surface is much better. Top job.
Quote from Scawen :When the incompatible version comes out., there will be four. Eric has obviously chosen the four that he likes the most.

Nice Smile
Love Rockingham. Great work Eric.
Quote from Scawen :there will be four

My apologies, good news, new weather looks mint btw Thumbs up
Indeed, the new weather looks absolutely great!
Just imagine how Rockingham will look with dynamic weather ^^ Every track!
Good work Devs, keep it going Smile
OK its a long shot but I gonna propose it anyway.. I really like the borderless feature... But... After some driving..

Is it possible to make an option to move the entire lower section of the HUD up 40 pixels? I mean the virtual dash, susp and tire info, pedals, driverlist, netinfo?

Because my W7 taskbar is blocking this partly... And I like it that I can see my taskbar (before people going to mention that you can autohide it, I know). I don't know the height in other Windows versions but I guess its about the same.
Quote from cargame.nl :
Is it possible to make an option to move the entire lower section of the HUD up 40 pixels? I mean the virtual dash, susp and tire info, pedals, driverlist, netinfo?.

You can do it by scaling and moving the whole LFS buttons interface. Accessible through Display => Interface (right bottom corner)

Moving only those elements at the bottom might make it overlap with insim buttons with some specific insim programs, so it's not worth doing really.
Attached images
2016-01-24 04-16-29.790.jpg
2016-01-24 04-16-18.148.jpg
Eehhh not sure what you are talking about with 'some specific insim programs overlap'... I don't see a problem with y-0,02 and y0,94 .. Thanks, learning again Smile

---
However, when I click something on taskbar for example browser and then go back by clicking LFS icon, LFS takes over the complete screen like its in full screen all of a sudden... [sigh] .. Maybe just stick with the usual window and border/title bar Taped Shut
I'd like an option to switch SHIFT+F4 and SHIFT+F11.

You can easily press SHIFT+F4 using one hand, which isn't the case with SHIFT+F11. Even though performance wise full-screen is better, fast switching is big advantage, so perhaps some would like it as so.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I'd like an option to switch SHIFT+F4 and SHIFT+F11.

You can easily press SHIFT+F4 using one hand, which isn't the case with SHIFT+F11. Even though performance wise full-screen is better, fast switching is big advantage, so perhaps some would like it as so.

Can you not just use right shift ?
But it didn't worked on K6 on my desktop (I can't try again on my desktop this week, but it works on my laptop right now) :/
Maybe it's related to the fact that it was already enabled and it not a toggle or Scawen just added ? I already the third time that I say something that I encountered and disappears when I check again, I should really check before posting.
Quote from Bean0 :Can you not just use right shift ?

Okay, that works Thumbs up

I'm just so much used to that old shortcut ...
AS1X bag
concrete ramp imposible move to down
0.6 k7
Attached images
lfs_ramp bag as1x.jpg
lfs_00000048.jpg
Quote from vitaly_m :You can do it by scaling and moving the whole LFS buttons interface. Accessible through Display => Interface (right bottom corner)

Good thinking, thanks.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I'd like an option to switch SHIFT+F4 and SHIFT+F11.

You can easily press SHIFT+F4 using one hand, which isn't the case with SHIFT+F11.

Also you can set any of your CTRL or ALT F keys (or F1 to F8) to /shift F11
Quote from cargame.nl :Because my W7 taskbar is blocking this partly...

If you ALT+TAB out then back in, the taskbar will vanish. I had this problem too to begin with.
Hi Scawen

At work I have two monitors connected in unusual configuration. Left one rotated vertically and right one in standard horizontal layout. Resolutions are corresponding: 900x1440 and 1920x1200. Perfect testing environment. Big grin

As you can see on first screen-shot, LFS is incorrectly (or maybe it is the Windows itself) calculating screen object positions. Interesting thing is that when I press Win button and start menu appears, calculation of screent object positions is becaming correct. >:|
It does not matter if I set main display on left or right monitor. The same is also happening on normal window dragged to be visible on both screens.

It is Win 7 Enterprise 64bit SP1.
Attached images
20160125_155720s.jpg
20160125_155737s.jpg
20160125_160034s.jpg
Quote from yaper :At work I have two monitors connected in unusual configuration. Left one rotated vertically and right one in standard horizontal layout. Resolutions are corresponding: 900x1440 and 1920x1200. Perfect testing environment. Big grin

Now, my post may seem completely unhelpful but I just want to post my situation as well. I don't really know what to expect from the borderless window on multiple screens on this config but maybe providing some kind of test info will help you in the development of the borderless system. So, if on this weird testing environment it works as it's supposed to work, then everything is OK.
So, I have a secondary screen on the left (1440x900, connected on VGA to the notebook) and the built-in, primary screen on the right (1920x1080). When I choose the borderless window (multiple monitors) option, it looks like this:
Attached images
DSC_0031.JPG
Quote from yaper :As you can see on first screen-shot, LFS is incorrectly (or maybe it is the Windows itself) calculating screen object positions.

Quote from MandulAA :I don't really know what to expect from the borderless window on multiple screens on this config but maybe providing some kind of test info will help you in the development of the borderless system.

There is no bug/problem in those configurations. A window is a rectangle, drawn on a virtual space, and your monitors only cover a part of that space (if they don't have the same vertical resolution or they are not aligned in Windows configuration). Hence Yaper missing some image on his right monitor.

The different in size is due to a different pixel density in your monitors. Could LFS account for that and generate a distorted image that result in a nice final result? Yes, that's exactly what the VR needed. I'd be really glad if Scawen implemented it, but I'm aware this suggestion is gonna be probably at the bottom of his priority list.
Quote from yaper :As you can see on first screen-shot, LFS is incorrectly (or maybe it is the Windows itself) calculating screen object positions. Interesting thing is that when I press Win button and start menu appears, calculation of screent object positions is becaming correct. >:|

Thanks for the test.

I think that, as it appears in the first image, is a Windows bug. LFS doesn't do any calculations for which part of the image should appear on which monitor. LFS only asks Windows for the position and size of a rectangle for the virtual desktop, then draws a single rectangular image. Windows takes care of positioning.

After you open the start menu, that seems to be as I would expect it. It is possible to use interface scaling options to make sure all buttons are visible.

Quote from MandulAA :So, I have a secondary screen on the left (1440x900, connected on VGA to the notebook) and the built-in, primary screen on the right (1920x1080). When I choose the borderless window (multiple monitors) option, it looks like this:

I think this is OK. It looks as if your setup is very wide so LFS defaulted to the "Wide" settings and by default that assumes 3 monitors. I expect you can change it in view options to have 1 monitor on one side and 0 monitors on the other side. Then by setting the correct number of pixels for each screen, the interface should be correctly aligned.

But still there would be a scaling issue as Whiskey suggests if the pixels on one monitor are a different size from the pixels on the other monitor.
I do not know if someone is already reported this small hole in track
(K7)
Attached images
lfs_00002613.jpg
lfs_00002615.jpg
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG