The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Whiskey :I don't have that issue. I have the same config, LFS on left screen, which also happens to be a Dell Big grin

Yeah I talked to a few others who don't have the issue, but one guy said it happened the first time, then not after that. For me it keeps happening.
Quote from pik_d :Yeah I talked to a few others who don't have the issue, but one guy said it happened the first time, then not after that. For me it keeps happening.

I actually looked for it when trying the mode for the first time, I'm pretty sure is the main issue that these windows could suffer, but it was pixel perfect for me.
Quote from pik_d :I think you mean analog stick, not a joystick.

Gosh, teensy bit pedantic? And actually, as far as I'm concerned, the "stick" in "analog stick" is just short for joystick anyway Tongue
Quote from pik_d :Two pixels width of screen that should be on my main (left) monitor are showing up on the right monitor.

This always happened to me for a long time, it's not a new issue in K6. On my triple screen set up, I also get a single pixel spilling over to the left monitor.

It's only the UI that does this though, the rendered view is fine.
Quote from pik_d :@Scawen, I have one issue with K6.

Two pixels width of screen that should be on my main (left) monitor are showing up on the right monitor.

http://i.imgur.com/xihxQX6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hLwZK1P.jpg

I managed to get this.

Shift+F12, main monitor at 1920px and right at 1216 (desktop resolution), I see that little stripe. Increasing LFS' right screen resolution to 1219px fixes it.
Quote from Whiskey :I managed to get this.

Shift+F12, main monitor at 1920px and right at 1216 (desktop resolution), I see that little stripe. Increasing LFS' right screen resolution to 1219px fixes it.

Interesting. My monitors are both 1920x so I increased my right monitor to 1923 and it "fixed" it, but then it put one little bit (1-2 pixels) of the rendered view from my right monitor on my main one.

The only solution to that is to not use bezel correction, which isn't a great solution.

This imgur album shows the three possible settings I can achieve (I believe)

http://imgur.com/a/PdkSs
I just noticed that if you set LFS to start up on the other adapter, then there is a problem if the full screen resolution doesn't match the desktop resolution of that monitor.

The problem is the mouse cursor displayed position isn't really the same as where it clicks. Or something strange like that. Basically I can't click on LFS buttons and half the time it clicks invisibly on the main desktop, so minimizing LFS. I could only get out of this problem by deleting the card_cfg.txt.

Seems like an old bug but maybe has gone unnoticed because most people don't start up LFS on the other adapter. Or maybe someone did notice it but I didn't take notice. I'm not sure if I should try to fix it. Not even sure if it's an LFS bug or a Windows bug. Maybe LFS should not allow a choice of resolutions when going full screen on a non-primary adapter.
Another question:

Does everyone think that pressing a SHIFT+F9 to SHIFT+F12 key should return to a window, if you are already in that key's mode? So it would have a toggle effect.
Quote from Scawen :Does everyone think that pressing a SHIFT+F9 to SHIFT+F12 key should return to a window, if you are already in that key's mode? So it would have a toggle effect.

There is already SHIFT+F4 for that, I think adding it as a toggle will start to be really confusing.
SHIFT+F4 makes a tiny window for me. Now thats confusing. Actually there now is no way to go a step back. Whatever you do you are confronted with flashy windows bigger/smaller .. Annoying Wink
I agree that it should remember last windows size and position. Wink
Guys you are just confusing me now. It does remember the last window's size and position. If this is not the case on your computer, please can you do a good bug report and explain exactly how you did it?
Quote from cargame.nl :SHIFT+F4 makes a tiny window for me. Now thats confusing. Actually there now is no way to go a step back. Whatever you do you are confronted with flashy windows bigger/smaller .. Annoying Wink

Quote from nacim :I agree that it should remember last windows size and position. Wink

I see cargame thinks that SHIFT+F11 should work like F11 in firefox, and go back to the window you came from. But nacim thinks that would be confusing.

The thing is that SHIFT+F4 is an old key that only toggles between the previously selected resolution full screen and a window. I think that people who will now use a borderless window may find it easier to just use the one key SHIFT+F11 to go between window and borderless. So I think that making then all toggle might be more consistent and less confusing.
Quote from Scawen :So I think that making them all toggle might be more consistent and less confusing.

I agree, sounds more logical to me. Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :Guys you are just confusing me now. It does remember the last window's size and position. If this is not the case on your computer, please can you do a good bug report and explain exactly how you did it?

Sorry, I miss read Dave's post, I just tried and it's perfectly saving on my side. Wink

Quote from Scawen :The thing is that SHIFT+F4 is an old key that only toggles between the previously selected resolution full screen and a window. I think that people who will now use a borderless window may find it easier to just use the one key SHIFT+F11 to go between window and borderless. So I think that making then all toggle might be more consistent and less confusing.

If SHIFT+F4 is removed and every SHIFT+F1x is a toggle, then yeah, that's seems good to me. Thumbs up
@Scawen, do you know what's causing my issue? If not, is there any other information I could give that would be helpful?
I like the idea of F4 and F11 working the same way. Everyone can use his/her prefered 'fullscreen' mode.

Quote from pik_d :http://imgur.com/a/PdkSs

The album is not public. Or did you delete it as imgur suggests?
Quote from Whiskey :I like the idea of F4 and F11 working the same way. Everyone can use his/her prefered 'fullscreen' mode.

The album is not public. Or did you delete it as imgur suggests?

I've changed it, not sure why it was set to secret, but in any case I'll just put the images here.

Both screens set to 1920x, Bezel comp 7%

Left screen 1920x, right 1923x in LFS, Bezel comp 7%

Left screen 1920x, right 1923x in LFS, Bezel comp 0%

Attached images
IMG_20160120_114723086R.jpg
IMG_20160120_115017403R.jpg
IMG_20160120_115037801R.jpg
Quote from Scawen : It does remember the last window's size and position. If this is not the case on your computer, please can you do a good bug report and explain exactly how you did it?

Wanted to record my screen but I already understand whats going on..

I have a window smaller then my screen resolution => state 1.
I click maximize icon or double click LFS title bar to maximize => state 2.
I press shift-F11 for borderless
I press shift-F4 to escape borderless mode but shift-F4 brings me back to state 1 while I want/expect state 2.

LFS only remembers previous windows size settings if you drag the outer window bigger or smaller. For me it isn't possible to get the biggest window with border possible if I drag the window to the corners.

Despite the fact that you need to know that you need to press shift-F4 to escape from full screen mode, its not the first thing which slips into my mind.
If I maximize the window by dragging the title bar to the top of the screen (that 'snap' feature since Win 7), Shift + F4 returns me to a maximized window (well, it doesn't return to the "maxmized" mode anymore but it's stretched on full screen). However if I maximize the window as you described, or by pressing Win + Up arrow, Shift + F4 brings me back to the normal sized window (not full screen).
Quote from pik_d :@Scawen, do you know what's causing my issue? If not, is there any other information I could give that would be helpful?

I can see the same issue on my dual monitor setup if set it up like yours (1 right screen and 0 left screens).

There is some code that tries to position some interface elements an extra pixel further out, to make sure they always reach the edge of the screen. That was added many years ago because sometimes there was a gap. I'm not sure if the problems were mainly in the single screen or multiple screen case.

I should have a detailed look at this to see if everything can just be made to be pixel perfect in all cases. I won't do that for today's patch as I'm running out of time but it's on my list.
K7 is now available with an updated Rockingham track. https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88821

Rockingham :

The Rockingham track is updated with fixes and improvements

Misc :

Most translations have been updated - thank you translators
Borderless window modes are now restored on restarting LFS
F9 to F12 keys now toggle between their mode and a window

Fixes :

LFS sometimes selected a low resolution when updating to 0.6K6
The SHIFT+F9 key assignment defaulted to "unknown" screen mode
Controls Options - buttons were not displayed under Shifter tab
Quote from Scawen :The Rockingham track is updated with fixes and improvements

Can you elaborate? Is there anything visibly different or is it just holes?

EDIT: I've spotted a couple actually but I was wondering if there was actually a list?
I don't know all the details, because Eric doesn't send me a list.

But holes are fixed, all reported bugs should be fixed and there are various improvements. I guess you could make two comparison screenshots using a saved camera position and flick between them. Smile

One thing you can't see is he has added a sunset lighting. I left that out just for now so the versions are compatible online.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG