The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
Quote from PeterN :Here's some shots from 2 separate locations I know about. There are multiple or long holes in each area. One give-away that there is something not right is that the shadow disappears briefly.

In the second pic the RB4 could not move Smile

Thanks for the bug report.

Those have now been fixed.
Quote from Eric :Thanks for the bug report.

Those have now been fixed.

On behalf of Live for Speed community, we thank, you.
Quote from cargame.nl :But if it is because people don't use K3 then this problem will fix itself with an official patch release hhmm...

I'm planning to disable this message for all remote cars. It's really easy to do but I didn't think of it at all until your report.

Quote from just2fast :Scawen, is it possible to disable vertical synchronisation in Rift direct mode? I bought a new dx11 graphics card, but can´t get a stable 75 fps in 0.6K. Between 50-75 fps only.
With my old GT 9800 and 0.6H (vsync off and extended mode) I got a stable 100 fps...

No, it's not possible to disable vertical sync in Direct mode. I find LFS performs better in the Vive than the Rift even with the Vive's higher frame rate. One thing is that LFS can present its render target directly to the Vive software which renders the final image. In the Rift, you are forced to request a render target from the Rift software and that is a DX11 render target which cannot be used by LFS for rendering. So LFS must do an extra, wasted copy from its DX9 target to the DX11 one.

I don't know for sure if that is the real cause. I have a note to implement the 0.8 SDK support which is hopefully mainly renaming a few functions. Then we'll see if the 0.8 SDK works better than the 0.7 one.

Quote from Degats :It's interesting (and a little counter-intuitive) that the AA setting ingame is removed when post-process is on, but it's functionality is still there and adjustable in the config file.

I don't think the functionality is actually there. The render target for post-processing just uses 4x antialiasing, regardless of the setting (as it also does in Rift mode and anaglyph 3D mode). I guess LFS should really show the setting, check for validity and pass it to the function that creates the render target.

Quote from fatalunfair :So I got a couple of e-mails of removed hotlaps because of the use of handbrake. All of these were on FO8. Is only FO8 times removed so far, because I know I have used handbrake on other single-seaters too, but atleast so far it seems only FO8 times have been deleted atleast for me. Or is it just my head and I haven't actually used handbrake on other cars Big grin

We processed the FO8 hotlaps before the other cars, as a test to gain confidence in the checking system. There were only around 2500 FO8 hotlaps, out of a total of around 60000. They just take a while to process, maybe a few days, though I haven't asked Victor how the progress is yet today.

Quote from aanrus :After a hotlap, go key 1(auto_save_replay) -> SHIFT + R! After, go key SHIFT + P and then press a button "spectators". After, join race.

Thanks, now I can reproduce it! Smile
#104 - F S
6k-3 online also gives an error not in others skins
Quote from Scawen :
No, it's not possible to disable vertical sync in Direct mode. I find LFS performs better in the Vive than the Rift even with the Vive's higher frame rate. One thing is that LFS can present its render target directly to the Vive software which renders the final image. In the Rift, you are forced to request a render target from the Rift software and that is a DX11 render target which cannot be used by LFS for rendering. So LFS must do an extra, wasted copy from its DX9 target to the DX11 one.

I don't know for sure if that is the real cause. I have a note to implement the 0.8 SDK support which is hopefully mainly renaming a few functions. Then we'll see if the 0.8 SDK works better than the 0.7 one.

It seems it had to do with the runtime 0.8. After going back to runtime 0.7 everything is fine and I can get some constant 75 fps.
Dcom K2 and K3 in demo mode are limitted to 7 players even as set to 15
oh lfsw shows right amount but in game serverlist says 7 max and more can't join

typo
Maybe set it to 18 15 on track or is that too much?
Quote from F S :6k-3 online also gives an error not in others skins

I don't know what you mean. Can you give a more detailed explanation?

Quote from just2fast :It seems it had to do with the runtime 0.8. After going back to runtime 0.7 everything is fine and I can get some constant 75 fps.

Hmm... interesting. I wonder if 0.8 will work OK when the LFS DLL is built with the 0.8 SDK. Just possibly it is the way Oculus have programmed the backward compatibility. I'll try to get the new DLL ready in time for the next test patch so we can give it a go.

Quote from RC-Maus :Dcom K2 and K3 in demo mode are limitted to 7 players even as set to 15

EDIT: At first I thought nothing had changed but now I think I see what this could be.
K works fine just k2 and k3

check b2r blackwood gti online and in game serverlist that server works on dcom k2. I Recreated problem with dcom k2 and k3 only K works fine.

In LFSW servers look okay but in game only 7 players can join (edit)
Thanks, I see what this is. It is a bug in the /adminslots command when reading the command line or setup file. If you don't use /adminslots then the problem will not come up.

Noted the bug, sorry about that.
I don't use admin slots Smile

/adminslots=0 (edit)
even if it says /adminslots=0 the bug will come up. You must have that command removed or commented out.
Okay thanx

(lol wait 60 sec betweenpost)
It worked but i think it was a bug
Yes, will be fixed in K4. Thanks for the report.
will there be a guesstamate on any other additions? not trying to be a bother just anxious lol.
Quote from MiniVan :will there be a guesstamate on any other additions? not trying to be a bother just anxious lol.

By reading this forum you may see:

this patch is focused on hot laps. I.e. bugfixing, better validation, etc.

After this one the next one will be focused on fixing Rockingham (incompatible patch resetting RO hot laps).

After that I think they will finalize some more of the S3 content (single item per patch probably, to ship it ASAP), but till the tires are done (and it sounds to me like that is still at least months away, if not even year(s)), I would not expect any big changes to the engine/game itself (only VR for customer edition HW), so the S1/S2 owners will probably encounter somewhat dull era... But I think the 2016 will be year of S3. Big grin (although I wouldn't bet a single penny on it Smile )
You already did Wink
Test Patch 0.6K4 is now available : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88821

Fixes :

Command line command /adminslots was broken in K2 and K3
Remote cars caused handbrake warning spam when leaving pits
A warning is now shown if a car starts in a point outside the path
One button look amount was doubled in axis, mouse and TrackIR look
Blank number plate on joining race after watching an instant replay
I've some weird warning message "data\knw\R01.trs", only on first RO track ISSC (I think).
It comes out when you drive a little, and then save replay, restart replay or end race; both in Single or Multiplayer mode.
Nothing else happens, everything works ok.
The file exist in right place.

NOTE: not test patch related, I use clean 0.6K install.

Anyone have this too?
I have not heard of that error. Can you try deleting the RO1.trs file and see if that fixes the problem? Possible the file is corrupted? It should be recreated next time you drive a lap and exit (or something like that, I can't remember all the conditions). It is related to the generated rubber line that is laid down as you drive.
Indeed, with deleted file there is no warning, and after a lap or so, its back again and all OK.
There are Missing Startlight Meshes on Rockingham National X, Handling X and Lake X Configuration.
Attached images
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt2.jpg
Unbenannt3.jpg
Quote from Stölzel :There are Missing Startlight Meshes on Rockingham National X, Handling X and Lake X Configuration.

Known issue, that's why we are expecting the January patch.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG