The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
I guess these work with 0-1 values of the axis, so between 2 frames it will be, zero clutch-> full engaged clutch axis. I don't think that's possible irl, unless it works some other way.

But i believe a check like that (if it really works like this), would work.
Quote from borja_s13 :This is a great suggest! I am used to play on [TC] Cruise server, and im sure that this can improve the server in lot of ways Smile

Yes it was suggested before (as a lot of stuff gets suggested) but the Rockingham pit exit is crazy dangerous.

They know it themselves apparently because there actually -is- a traffic light at the end of the pitlane;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HeNAdFKc-0 (wonderful camera position, pf Wink )

But.. Eehhm.. [lot of text removed, came to a short conclusion] ...

Something similar to the tire system where you can define the color but then for lights;

red, green, yellow and blue and then a model with single, double, triple and quintuple* stacked lights (*5; American Christmas tree drag thingy). So safety and blue flag situations can also be controlled by track sector.. Just like with F1 racing nowadays.
I have one Question/Suggestion...
Is it Possible to add an Option to Disable the Mouse Cursor in the AU Editor?
Great update Smile I was a little late to realize it, and posted bad hotlaps after the update was posted... oops. Wink
Dunno if it's the right topic to post this and if it has already been posted but, since there is the 0.6K updates (i'm running on the 0.6K2), on displays settings for the open wheels car's dash, and others dash stuff for road cars, the coulours are totally working wrong. As you see on my screenshot attached to this post, supposed to have some red/orange, i get green everywhere almost (but not ingame), still it's making harder to set it as we want.
I first thought my lfs bugged, restarted it, still the same story. Also rebooted computers and tried the 0.6H backup i have, here it work fine, but not on 0.6K and K2.
Attached images
lfs_00000056.jpg
Quote from Kova. :displays settings coulours are totally working wrong

Confirmed (K2).

If I drag the red slider further to the right, the resulting colour reset to dark green.
Attached images
lfs-colour-bug.jpg
Quote from DarkKostas :I guess these work with 0-1 values of the axis, so between 2 frames it will be, zero clutch-> full engaged clutch axis. I don't think that's possible irl, unless it works some other way.

But i believe a check like that (if it really works like this), would work.

There is a maximum speed but it is very fast. You can see if you slow down the replays, the clutch disengages over 5 hundredths of a second and the same when released.

It's not good that people can exploit this but I think the time to sort this out is when the new tyre physics is introduced.

I'm still interested to have a look at the handbrake usage in single seaters and see if it can be disabled at any speed above the 'lock on' speed. At the moment, this is the only hotlap thing on my list of things to do for K3.

Quote from Stölzel :I have one Question/Suggestion...

SHIFT+Z does hide the mouse cursor, if you have pressed space to hide the buttons.

This does not work during a replay, because of the replay control slider.

Quote from Kova. :Dunno if it's the right topic to post this and if it has already been posted but, since there is the 0.6K updates (i'm running on the 0.6K2), on displays settings for the open wheels car's dash, and others dash stuff for road cars, the coulours are totally working wrong.

Good find, thanks.
There is a small request that is easy to do and wouldn't break anything.

Can we have it so that traction control wouldn't be possible to enable if it is disabled in the car setup?

This way we can run a non-TC BF1 and FZ5 events (using special insim app), which are impossible to do now.

Also, it will actualy justify the existence of SETF_TC_ENABLE which is useless so far.
Quote from vitaly_m :non-TC FZ5 events

Anyone relying on TC with the FZ5 is going slower than those without anyway.
Quote from Stölzel :I have one Question/Suggestion...

No more direct needed... I have wrote me a little Program where i can simple Hide/Visible the Mouse Cursor with a Keypress so i can Capture Movies without the Cursor.
Quote from vitaly_m :Can we have it so that traction control wouldn't be possible to enable if it is disabled in the car setup?

This way we can run a non-TC BF1 and FZ5 events (using special insim app), which are impossible to do now.

That does sound reasonable and I've written a line to implement that.

So in my version you cannot enable TC if it is switched off in the setup.

Any objections to this?
this sounds good. While the opposite is still allowed (I mean, switching off the TC even if it is on in the setting ... as implemented currently)
Quote from Scawen :That does sound reasonable and I've written a line to implement that.

So in my version you cannot enable TC if it is switched off in the setup.

Any objections to this?

If you mean in the setup of an insim app, then it's no harm done. Smile
Quote from Kid222 :If you mean in the setup of an insim app, then it's no harm done. Smile

No, this in the car setup.

So...

If you want to be able to switch TC on and off, make sure it is ON in the car setup.

If it is OFF in the car setup, you can not switch it on while driving.
Quote from Scawen :If it is OFF in the car setup, you can not switch it on while driving.

Hmm, that feels wrong to me.
Yeah, I read the original request but like Kid222 I thought that what was being sought was to allow insims to prevent it being enabled.

It's not a very big deal for me personally as I don't drive FZ5 or BF1 much, but being able to play with TC on/off during an outing has been useful to me in the past, learning throttle control...

Another way to make SETF_TC_ENABLE worthwhile might be to send a packet to the server if TC is enabled again? More work for you though :-/ [I'm not 100% sure I understand SETF_TC_ENABLE but it seems to be part of the flags that are sent by clients when they join (quick googling only helped a little) and thus if someone changes settings post-join then one or more of the flags is meaningless.]
I'd also suggest to use Spare byte in IS_PFL to report whether TC is currently turned on or off. Some other stuff can be packed up to that byte as well, like if lights are on, indicators, ...
Well, you can still turn it off and on while driving, if it is enabled in the setup.

It's true that an alternative solution would be to send another packet if the TC is toggled on/off, but it's not the sort of thing I want to get into now, as it would be quite a bit of messing around and I feel there are many more important things to get done.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I'd also suggest to use Spare byte in IS_PFL to report whether TC is currently turned on or off. Some other stuff can be packed up to that byte as well, like if lights are on, indicators, ...

As an insim-noob, that sounds good to me.

Something that struck me after my post: if we stick with the tweak that Scawen already coded (i.e. can't turn TC on after leaving pits) then I would worry that someone will just alter the setting in memory (LFSTweak-style) and switch TC back on anyway. Allowing insim to report the current TC setting might prevent that line of abuse...? (and thus render the TC change unnecessary)

Quote from Scawen :many more important things to get done.

Thumbs up

Quote from Scawen :Well, you can still turn it off and on while driving, if it is enabled in the setup.

OOOOhhhh, hell, that didn't occur to me. OK, consider my objection cancelled! However the LFSTweak cheat may still be a concern to people who want no-TC competitions, if it's actually possible to hack the TC setting that way?
Quote from Neilser :
It's not a very big deal for me personally as I don't drive FZ5 or BF1 much, but being able to play with TC on/off during an outing has been useful to me in the past, learning throttle control...

You can still do that.

Basically its this;

initial TC setting @setup OFF => no TC available on the track
initial TC setting @setup ON => usual behavior

Had to read three times but it sounds OK.
Well,if this topic has already started - how about complete server side setup limitations? Where server admin could access menu,where he can select allowed range to all possible settings (including the same TC,air restriction,ballast weight and even max fuel amount). Probably a lot of work,but could be very useful.
Quote from Scawen :Well, you can still turn it off and on while driving, if it is enabled in the setup.

That sounds good to me Smile

Quote from Eclipsed :Well,if this topic has already started - how about complete server side setup limitations? Where server admin could access menu,where he can select allowed range to all possible settings (including the same TC,air restriction,ballast weight and even max fuel amount). Probably a lot of work,but could be very useful.

If I remember correctly, that was a part of the plan with the tyre physics update, to implement some setup limitations. It would be a great addition indeed, but let's wait for the physics update first, shall we? Smile
Quote from Flame CZE :It would be a great addition indeed, but let's wait for the physics update first, shall we? Smile

ok we wait Smile
Does anyone know if a Formula SAE car should have a handbrake?
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG