The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :What happens is when I go to the new full sized borderless window, the task bar may be visible. I can click on another program in the task bar and then minimise it - then the task bar vanishes. I can still use ALT+TAB to get to any other program. It's very nice that the bar vanishes but it can also be useful to see it. Sometimes the appearing or disappearing seems a bit unpredictable. Sometimes visible, sometimes not, sometimes visible for a second then disappearing. Is this normal behaviour for programs that use a borderless window?

If I understood you correctly, this may actually be a normal behaviour. World Racing 2, an older racing game works very similiar to what you describe. Sometimes when I start it, when I have a couple of other programs running in the background, I can see their icons on the taskbar flickering on the bottom of the screen. The game can also freeze completely and won't react to any input untill you ALT-TAB it (the game is running full screen, I see the menu, but the system thinks it's minimalized). Also, that game had a weird screenshot camera, which is controlled by mouse (normally you can't use mouse in this game). What it does, is that it unlocks the mouse pointer, and if you move it too far to the top of the screen and left-click it, you might actually minimalize the whole program. Not sure if the game runs borderless window, but from what you are describing, this might actually do that and this might be a normal behaviour. I've got used to it anyway Wink
Quote from nacim :When LFS is focused, the task bar disappear, right ? If so, everything is fine I guess. Wink

No [but see below - sometimes this is the case]. When LFS is first started, the taskbar is visible over LFS. In a way, this is what I would expect, because I didn't do anything to make the taskbar be hidden behind the LFS window.

If you then click on another program in the taskbar, that program appears in front of LFS. Good, that's kind of the point. Then minimise that program, now the taskbar vanishes as well! Yay, looks like LFS is in fullscreen mode in Windows that is not XP! Big grin

That's fine too, and you can access other programs using ALT+TAB. It's OK really, but why DOES the taskbar hide? LFS is actually in a window, even though that window has the same coordinates as the desktop. So presumably the taskbar should be visible above LFS. This behaviour is not entirely predictable though. I do use a Windows Classic desktop so it might be different with Aero. I'll give that a go.

Hmm... just testing again with single monitor, the behaviour seems predictable and the taskbar is always invisible if LFS is in the new mode and focussed. ALT+TAB to something else, the taskbar appears. ALT+TAB back to LFS, taskbar vanishes. It seems that Windows is trying to be 'intelligent' and hide the taskbar in this case, even though LFS is not asking it to. Maybe the behaviour is just a little buggy in the dual monitor case.

Quote from Neilser :...but windowed mode, yes? I don't have much experience of that at all, and possibly none at all with windowed+borderless. My guess would be that it's not normal behaviour though Wink

Yes, functionally it's just a window without any border or title bar, set to exactly match the position and size of the desktop.
Many games (Assetto Corsa to name one) use windowed and borderless, and the task bar is always hidden behind this screen is focussed. When you Alt+Tab you see that windows through the semitransparent task bar. Tat is the behaviour I expect using this kind of windows.

I like your suggestion of the F11 and F12 keys, I've never used them, and they even screw up the picture quality (in LFS and CMX Viewer) when pressed accidentally.
Quote from Scawen :When LFS is first started, the taskbar is visible over LFS.

Have you tried to add a call to BringWindowToTop on start ? Maybe it can hide the taskbar.
Scawen if the taskbar is going to overlay on top of the lfs window meaning you can click the start menu, then could this not be a problem for us mouse drivers as it would be easy to miss click on it, I'm guessing from you post that a very small section of the lfs window is under the taskbar so CTRL+C wouldn't help either.

Apologies if I have misunderstood, just thought I should mention it.
Can't we upload hotlaps anymore? I can't and i see no upload from today normally every day uploads Smile

EDIT: Looks like upload button is broken
I run lfs on three screens with windowed mode on win7. Instead of resizing the window with mouse I edited the cfg.txt file and entered the combined resolution. With mouse I found it more trial&error to position the window precisely so that it correctly spans from screen to screen.
One can also use 0 for y-coordinate and then the LFS-window is further up than it can be moved with mouse, hiding the blue titlebar thing and perfectly aligning with screen.

It works nice, "almost perfect:"
On top of screen and to the sides everything lines up perfect. No pixels wasted by window-frame.
But at the bottom it is strange: Somehow the window refuses to fully stretch vertically, there is always some pixels gap.
It is not the taskbar: Hiding taskbar or moving it side changes nothing.

The gap seems to be caused by the size of the window-title-bar. Customizing in Windows the height of titlebars, it changes the gap.
(titlebar I mean this thing: http://cdn.computerhope.com/window.jpg )

Another thing with multi-montor:
It would be useful if interface can be moved to different screen.
Currently trackmap, lap counter are always on the center screen. Especially the positionlist can be quite large and would be much better to the side instead of in middle of view.
In Options->Interface there are already settings for UI size & position, but they are limited.
For example UI offset is limited to half a screen-widhth or so: Not enough to move it to a side screen. Perhaps allowing higher values there would already help.
Quote from RC-Maus :Can't we upload hotlaps anymore? I can't and i see no upload from today normally every day uploads Smile

EDIT: Looks like upload button is broken

I made a booboo. It works again now.
Thanks for the great Rift support, works like a charm! Especially switching on/off is very fluid and useful. It would be nice to be able to navigate all menus using only the wheel though.

Question is 3D mirrors, can you give some status information on that?
Quote from Gutholz :I run lfs on three screens with windowed mode on win7. Instead of resizing the window with mouse I edited the cfg.txt file and entered the combined resolution. With mouse I found it more trial&error to position the window precisely so that it correctly spans from screen to screen.

You are a target user for the new system! I look forward to hearing how you like it when you try it (I guess Monday). LFS should just appear to go perfectly full screen on your 3 monitors, when you press SHIFT+F12 (current plan).

Quote from Gutholz :Currently trackmap, lap counter are always on the center screen. Especially the positionlist can be quite large and would be much better to the side instead of in middle of view.

I see what you mean about the UI items all being squashed on one screen and not making use of the other screens. I don't think I'll be tackling that in this round of patches because time is running short and I've still got some important things to do.

Quote from janasko :Thanks for the great Rift support, works like a charm! Especially switching on/off is very fluid and useful. It would be nice to be able to navigate all menus using only the wheel though.

Question is 3D mirrors, can you give some status information on that?

Thanks for the Rift feedback. At some point I'll probably implement a "look and click" system so you don't need to use the mouse. I guess you'd use a wheel button to switch on a cross-hairs pointer and another button click.

About 3D mirrors, I look forward to doing them. It will look nice. They are a bit complicated to do and simply have not got up to the top priority yet. Actually I want to avoid too much work on the Rift at the moment as the Oculus developers are refusing to reveal in any detail when the 1.0 SDK will be released and if it will support the DK2.
Hello. I'm propably only one who use view settings like this one year ago You change lateral shift to 0,050 from 0,100 please make it again 0,100 becouse this help when i drift. propably in f1 car 0,100 is too much but in normal cars is really helping to see where car wanna go i need this again i miss this so much i used this all time when i fing this in z28.

Please Scawen bring it back this is only one game what i play every day.
Attached images
viewlfsj.jpg
-
(RC-Maus) DELETED by RC-Maus
Well next 0.6L and VWS soon! Smile
Quote from Gutholz :
But at the bottom it is strange: Somehow the window refuses to fully stretch vertically, there is always some pixels gap.

This is when you've pushed the top of the window beyond the top of the screen, yes? It sounds like it's simply the annoying thing where Windows refuses to let you resize a window to make it wider or higher than the display. Linux doesn't do this, and I seem to recall that really old versions of Windows didn't either (Win98 perhaps). So yeah, this is exactly what the borderless mode will fix for you Wink
Do you guys mind to make a list about the deleted hotlaps?
Eehhhmm I noticed that the bug report section of this forum is at random being tracked but eehh as a result I think people going to abuse this thread, at least I am going to this for once. Can two bugs in the LFS InSim system be fixed for next release? 1 and 2 .. Because especially number one I use for streaming purposes and these false reports are not good for the broadcast. Thanks for looking Smile
Quote from Lacko86 :Do you guys mind to make a list about the deleted hotlaps?

You should have received an email if one of yours was deleted.
Quote from Whiskey :You should have received an email if one of yours was deleted.

I'm talking about the deleted hotlaps in generally.
No, that's only the deleted WR laps.

However, not really sure why Lacko is keen to get the full list - wouldn't it be better for the LFS team to be working hard on more useful stuff like content and tyre physics? Wink
Quote from Neilser :No, that's only the deleted WR laps.

However, not really sure why Lacko is keen to get the full list - wouldn't it be better for the LFS team to be working hard on more useful stuff like content and tyre physics? Wink

Becouse i like statistics. Tongue
Well i think, if it's possible to make a list about the deleted Wr laps, it doesn't need much more time to make a full list about all deleted laps. But it was just an idea, i can live my life without that list too. Smile
Just a bit of a random thought, as I was thinking about it a bit during the weekend, although this weekend I'm not really working.

First thought was that SHIFT+F11 is probably the best one to go to full screen borderless window mode, just as F11 does that in Firefox (and I guess other browsers too). So leaving SHIFT+F12 to go full screen in exclusive mode on the main monitor as it currently does (but not programmable in future - SHIFT+F12 would always go full screen using main desktop resolution).

Apart from that key change, I then thought about how to allow you to go to full screen borderless window mode on a single monitor (for people who have more than one monitor but only want LFS visible on one of them, but do want to access other programs on their other monitors) and if that should be on another key too... but then I thought maybe that could be done by the maximize button? I'm not really sure about that. Maybe people like to maximize and have a title bar on the window...? I suppose the maximize button would naturally maximize the window, leaving the task bar visible, and that is probably what you want, but maybe it should remove the title bar at the top? So it appears nearly full screen but still shows the task bar. I can't see much of a problem with this apart from the lack of "restore" and "minimize" buttons. But I could allow SHIFT+F4 to go to "restore" from maximized and you'd see a normal window then.
I wouldn't mess with the standard behaviour of the maximize button, better to have it explicit.
I'd say that SHIFT+F11 will go borderless window on the screen were LFS was windowed the last time, so that if someone want to change the screen, he just has to go windowed, change screen, and go back borderless Wink
Instead of making +F12 to go to the "main" monitor, you can make it to go full screen to the monitor which uses the most pixels(like all the windows applications do).

Ex. If it's 52% on the 1st monitor and 48% on the 2nd. It will go full screen into the 1st monitor.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6K2 (now K26)
(462 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG