The online racing simulator
lfstweak 0.6h will it work on this version ?
Quote from Bone34 :I honestly think the biggest thing you should focus on after all the S3 content that you're working on is released should be an ability to create community-made maps, which is one of the big features of other simulators. Just let's face it, there would be endless amounts of new tracks modeled by players that we could race on.

best post ever
i have crawled back from the void to congratulate you all.

it has been a long time since december 2008.
Quote from Bone34 :I honestly think the biggest thing you should focus on after all the S3 content that you're working on is released should be an ability to create community-made maps, which is one of the big features of other simulators. Just let's face it, there would be endless amounts of new tracks modeled by players that we could race on.

Quote from Scawen :I am actually interested in releasing a track editor and providing a system to automatically download track updates when the creator updates their track and textures. I think the download would be a low priced paid service (like premium skins) even if the tracks are free (paid tracks are another thing entirely). But this is absolutely impossible to supply to S2 licensed users, unless we want to discard any possibility of making money. So it would have to be an S3 thing. This type of possibility is one of the reasons why Eric and I are working hard to get to the S3 license, because it will allow us to produce and release cool things for S3 licensed users.

Happy ? Smile
Quote from SmokeyBanjo :I could go back to 'J' but I couldn't access the multiplayer until id updated. So guessing id be stuck racing the AI.

Not great as I spend quite a bit of time racing a buddy of mine in a private server

Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from Neilser :Hmm, I had the impression that 0.6K was a compatible patch

No,it's not compatible online - you can put exe file from J version into LFS folder of K version and have no problems (of course there is no S3),but you cannot join K servers with J version.

Quote from Neilser :
Edit: SmokeyBanjo: you say you can't even access a private server via the multiplayer system using J? That seems even more surprising. Are you sure the private server wasn't using K?

OK, finally got around to doing some quick tests with J.
While running J, I can indeed see and use the multiplayer system - I simply have to hit "Cancel" when it offers me an update. It does only show me the J/H/earlier servers, as Eclipsed said above.
So, SmokeyBanjo, I reckon you can happily continue to run J and play against your friends as long as it's on a server running J or earlier Smile
That's a great help. Thanks so much. Will go back to 'J' for now I think. I've managed to get 25fps now but it stutters down to 12 or so on occasion. And it won't run with more than 4 AI cars.

The other issue is the computer wouldn't post yesterday. Fiddled about unplugging stuff and it finally worked after 20 mins of trying. It must know it's days are numbered.

It has to last another month or so. Then I'll build a new system
I decided to check this forum today after having not touched LFS for a few years. I did not take a break due to impatience or hard feelings but I just had a hard time finding a decent race on a regular basis after CTRA quit.

For old times sake, I upgraded to S3 in a heartbeat. It may be pricy for just one track but this is a project that I still consider to be worth supporting. I hope to be able to find some decent racing around here.

I hope new content and the new tyre model will be there in the near future but I don't really care about the Scirocco but that's just me. (VW hater, not looking forward to drive a Golf in a tracksuit).

Keep it up dev's!
Dam! Could someone reset my unlocks as I used one, then windows 10 updated itself and reset LFS on my other machine again :/ so I used out of 2 unlocks Frown
Done
Random question, How is it in Holland?
physics test patch is what I want most next, then S3 content can be kicked into high gear.
Hello, i love this game, i'm waiting for news car (kartcross? Smile)so, good work for this release. I'm playing since 2004, and this is the best simulator!
#465 - hda
Hadn't played LFS for a long time but last month I started playing one or two races with my brother during lunch break.

I decided to get S3 to show my support for LFS and the great effort you guys have put in through the years (well, and of course I wanted to try Rockingham) and I have to say I'm very impressed with the end result.

So thank you and keep up the good work Smile
What he said ^^^

Cheers and happy holidays Scavier!
I'm hoping that once pay day comes, I'll be upgrading to S3- I've been following the LFS development since 2002-2003 and really enjoyed playing it but lapsed due to being busy with work, family commitments etc.

All I can say is that if there is a level editor or the means to upload tracks made in 3D Studio Max/Maya, I'll be happier than a pig in poop!

Looking forward to seeing what you guys release next! Smile
Happily purchased my S3 License, still think you guys are doing amazing work. I really look forward to future content. Rockingham looks fantastic as well. Still really hoping for some staged rally action, and of course Nordschleife Nürburgring. Big grin

Thanks guys for your hard work and keeping LFS going.
Nice! Looking forward to the updates this test patch series will bring! Smile
Hi.

Just updated my LFS and wanted to Download the new Track (activate S3).
But after trying LFS with my Rift (runtime 0.6) it seems that it does not work anymore with that runtime. But I can't update the runtime because I am playing Half Life VR with Hydra and this need 0.6.

Is there any way to get the new Version of LFS running with the Rift using runtime 0.6?
Quote from cogent :Is there any way to get the new Version of LFS running with the Rift using runtime 0.6?

We no longer supply a way for LFS to connect to the Oculus 0.6 runtime. It's probably best for you to install the 0.7 or 0.8 runtime when you want to use LFS, then install the 0.6 runtime again when you want to use Half Life.

I have now uploaded the source code for the new VR DLL files in the LFS dll folder. A programmer could use these to produce a DLL that works with 0.6 if they wanted to. Also these could be used to connect LFS with any VR headset.

https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFSRiftVR_20151231.zip
https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFSOpenVR_20151231.zip
BTW, I just noticed we got 25 extra slots to skin upload. Thanks!
Every stage has 25 slots,so basically by buying S3 upgrade,you bought also these slots.
New track after 8 years and we need to pay? Nice!

Scirocco with S4, in 2024.

I hope S3 will include more content. No upgrade for now...
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG