The online racing simulator
It looks very nice, just needs to open few times to be optimized Wink + all westhill hotlaps will be maded again Big grin
Quote from Kova. :Woah, awesome work!

But infortunately, i'm getting some FPS lost, and LFS freezed 1 time :/

my game didn't freeze but I had some terrible FPS issues in some places (pit straight and other places dotted round the track.)ScaViEr it was worth the wait
Hats off to Eric, you've created a masterpiece of a track. Smile

I actually spend more time just messing around in the backroads than racing the track. Big grin
Quote from k_badam :
Quote from Kova. :Woah, awesome work!

But infortunately, i'm getting some FPS lost, and LFS freezed 1 time :/

my game didn't freeze but I had some terrible FPS issues in some places (pit straight and other places dotted round the track.)ScaViEr it was worth the wait

Yep it's almost the same, but as my computer isn't on it's better form atm, it make me freezes i think.

Well, i could test entierly the track, i was all lost, it's amazing!!!

But my only disappoitment is to lost the fast turns where we didn't have to break Frown But well with all that change it's forgivable :P
Hey hey that is great. So far I only tested both karting tracks. I love them but there is a very sad news about it. Now we really need a no setup shitty 4 stroke rental go kart! The smallest tracks is super small even for the MRT...
On karting national I noticed no wrong direction or arrow to exit the pit. I should check the other too.
On national I would put some more rows of tyres around a light pole. As graphics are getting better I dont want to virtually die!
Back to test.
scawen, anything we can do about fps ? will you improve it ?
thanks!
That worked! Thanks for the test!

Here is the replay! Smile
Attached files
WE_grid_40.zip - 2 MB - 673 views
#59 - troy
Quote from troy :I do have some strange FPS dips too, even though my GPU was never used 100%. There's some huge spikes in GPU usage though, on some parts of the track I get 10-20% and in others it goes up to 80-85%.

Not sure where the problem is exactly...

Sorry for the quote of myself, did a quick test. This is single player with just me on the track, you can see some huge GPU usage spikes and some FPS spikes.

edit: I'm on a GTX 770 (using supersampling)
Attached images
gpu.jpg
Quote from troy :
Quote from troy :I do have some strange FPS dips too, even though my GPU was never used 100%. There's some huge spikes in GPU usage though, on some parts of the track I get 10-20% and in others it goes up to 80-85%.

Not sure where the problem is exactly...

Sorry for the quote of myself, did a quick test. This is single player with just me on the track, you can see some huge GPU usage spikes and some FPS spikes.

edit: I'm on a GTX 770 (using supersampling)

#
im having mega fps drops Frown first time like this! in single player even bigger Big grin
The new objects are absolutely awesome! Thank you for providing them, I think we can make a death loop! We're getting closer to a stunt simulator Big grin
Oh look what I've made
Attached images
loop.png
Quote from Flame CZE :Oh look what I've made

Now I am annoyed as I cannot play on this, fps is 9

But still, I could not be without trying it... Feels awesome on karting tracks and specially the street road,

Full of suprises... but, cannot make it happen...

Quote from Sobis :The new objects are absolutely awesome! Thank you for providing them, I think we can make a death loop! We're getting closer to a stunt simulator Big grin

I told you... if you remember :P
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :

But still, I could not be without trying it... Feels awesome on karting tracks and specially the street road,

Full of suprises... but, cannot make it happen...

if u was only one!Smile
Stall 9/10 in Carpark X, I encountered this: (First SS)

As well, I think the grandstands should have an invisible wall, preventing this from happening

I did run into a few places on the national (I think) Kart track where I swapped (lost) the route when I was off the track. Even on my (powerful) GTX 970, causes FPS to go from 250 to 100. The routes for those tracks might need to be loosened up a bit as well.

I also encountered a weird GFX glitch (that I didn't SS) when I was on international track (along the backstraight), then turned left up the access road and crossed the bridge. The land was seethrough until it decided I was in a "off track" route.
Attached images
lfs_00000062.jpg
lfs_00000063.jpg
I have strange feeling grip of asphalt. I tried to tune car where it feels best (4x4 FXR). It is strange even with R2 I do not feel tires during hard braking.... I feel levitate :/
Even on old LFS he cannot race, UM21 is a bit special at the moment. But with a good soul Smile.
#69 - troy
Quote from Scawen :
Have you tried half texture resolution, to see if that helps?

There are really a lot of textures...

I've got 2 GB RAM it's using about 800 MB on Westhill, still got FPS dips even though my GPU usage never went above 80-85%(GTX 770 as mentioned earlier).
I have no problem with FPS whatsoever - using Nvidia GeForce GT 730M and I've set to limited 60 FPS
Stable @~90 FPS 1920x1080 .. Uses 850 Mb indeed.. Not that much of an issue (4 Gb limit) .. Feels not entirely rock solid but... It isnt that much of an issue either. That on a laptop (675MX).
I would like to mention that the track feels very nice! I have done some driving with a mouse in BF1 and it just feels lovely, kerbs are just awesome and the flow of the track is amazing! Just awesome Smile
First test was amaizng! Nice work! Smile
Nice new track! Congrats.

I have a question. I am driving with the XRT now with a set i made myself and I seem to have a different balance in my car. Has there anything changed in the grip the tarmac provides to the tires perhaps?

Especially the front axle grip seems huge compared with the same set on another track?

Nothing bad though.. very nice to drive. Especially the downhill part in mid corner on westhill national.
Quote from Scawen :

Nice loop! Smile

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :

Have you tried half texture resolution, to see if that helps?

There are really a lot of textures...

Yes, the truth is I don't have good PC to play LFS on regularly in nearly 23 months, but I could not resist to dl this and looking for about what's new...

There was everything new, like having whole new game, hehe.

EDIT: BTW I noticed you cannot select all cars in karting tracks, is this intented?

I know it would be stupid to even try proper race with BF1 in karting track, but as you can select BF1 on BL2 or any other rc track, I was thinking...

Have to wait to get new PC, then it will do something , whatever needs to do, like driving

EDIT2: I did something and now my fps is nearly 30! but as I did download the 40 grid test replay, there the fps was 7,2

When no car is on sight, fps is 40-60, which is odd, it is actually better than before 2 years ago, so graphically it is faster than before, but, as i said, definitely needs new a gaming rig...

oh well, back to testing -->
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6G14 - New Westhill Circuit
(314 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG