The online racing simulator
it was really simple ( a line like 'url:http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/' in the track ui json), in my eyes too simple, trolls could insert whatever urls in that bracket.

Troy, if you're still on the beta version, could you copy that folder for us?
What about the nurburgring folder?
I was lucky to test the 1.1beta

First impressions

good

Almost zero fps drops at race starts
Overall better FPS
Better Ai
New penalty, iRacing style
Love the fog, looked awesome at Snoopy's ring
Somehow I felt the FFB was better in one particular department - Self aligning torque (sat) was improved/lowered
And you can now totally destroy your car, one hard hit = game over

bad

some mod tracks are now broken and all mod cars didn't work
Audio was a bit broken, little crackling
First the mod cars would have to work Wink A quick fix might be to remove the data section from the aero.ini file as described in the patch notes. If the data folder isn't encrypted.
I'll be happy to zip up the 1.1 update for anyone that can prove they own AC. Theres no dlc content of course, just the fixes and features in the buildlog from earlier. PM.
So I tried this 1.1 beta. It felt that load times have reduced significantly across the board. Had a quick go @ Magione with E92 S1, and I can almost swear that both tyre compounds are more progressive, also across the board. It was easier to hold a slide, the front tyres didn't regain grip as aggressively and it was easier to avoid getting into a tankslapper. Could be placebo, but who knows.

e: And discovered that the live axle type name suspensions.ini is AXLE.
Did the new version come with new version of the susp editor? What kind of live axle is it? Leaf springs and watts link? 3-link with panhard rod? 4 link?
I've never even looked at the suspension editor . The system allows you to specify the number of linkages to the axle, and the position of the links (see below, values made up). How it'll work if the links are at different heights at the axle end remains to be seen. The hub location appears to be determined by the length of the wheelbase and the location of the CG. 2.822 wheelbase and 0.5 CG = hub is at -1.411. Change the CG, hub moves.

[AXLE]
LINK_COUNT=2
J0_CAR=0.494, -0.100, -0.140
J0_AXLE=0.1, -0.100, -0.140
J1_CAR=-0.494, -0.100, -0.140
J1_AXLE=-0.1, -0.100, -0.140

e2: No matter what values I plug into J0/1, the suspension editor shows the same thing whereas the changes are apparent in-game. Seems to not support live axling.
Attached images
ac-susp-editor-axle.png
where did you find the liveaxle stuff? Is there a file like that for AWD?
The live axle and AWD affect 1.1 beta only, not the current 1.0.5. I'm sure it doesn't need to be mentioned again, but anyways.

I got the info by trial and error. First I tried replacing "DWB" with "LA", "LIVE" and "LIVEAXLE" in suspensions.ini, but those didn't work. Then I tried "AXLE", and found an error in the log referring to a missing [AXLE] section. I added the section, then I found errors referring to missing J#_CAR and J#_AXLE values. At that point I added the values in my previous post and my car loaded. It (the car) is still completely broken though, upon loading the rear wheels/axle goes completely haywire Smile

I haven't tried anything to do with AWD, but I suspect that the first step would be to change TYPE=FWD/RWD to AWD in drivetrain.ini and then see what errors it throws up in the logs, and try to construct valid sections and values.

Unless there's documentation in the SDK or something, which would make things much simpler.
Quote from Hyperactive :What about the nurburgring folder?

thats all there is in the ring folders:

{
"url":"http://www.assettocorsa.net",
"name": "Nordschleife Endurance",
"description": "Nuerburgring Nordschleife",
"tags" : ["test track","Germany"],
"geotags": ["50.3356° N", "6.9475° E"],
"country": "Germany",
"city": "Nurburg",
"length": "25378",
"width": "10m-15m",
"pitboxes": "24",
"run": "clockwise"
}

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/431521 beta 1.1 with foggy conditions in the evening. You can drive A->B races with 1 AI with a bit of fiddling. Just select Trento in practice mode, switch to Quick Race and Trento is still selected.

And another with KTM in light cloud conditions. http://www.hitbox.tv/video/431524

Replay starts about half way in for both videos. It's quite a lot of fun having somebody drive in front of you. Smile
AC vs LFS at Blackwood

LFS does not look that bad Big grin
Yeah not bad for an amateur copy. Now lets compare Spa, Nordschleife, Nürburgring GP and Silverstone. To begin with.
Why there is no driver hands in LFS ? :/
Quote from nacim :Why there is no driver hands in LFS ? :/

Some people enjoy them being disabled.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :

That's the most ridicolous thing ever in sims/driving games. When you disable, you disable the wheel as well, not just the hands :/

I always drove without hands.
It was CPU consuming and distracting - I didn't disable wheel to see where it points.
Quote from AndRand :

It was CPU consuming and distracting - I didn't disable wheel to see where it points.

I have my g27, I know where it points Big grin
Quote from AndRand :

You need two wheels in the real car to see where it points? Smile It just looks too horrid, wheel rotating on it's own like that, like you're driving by remote control.
I agree, I don't like to see the wheel turn by itself. Big grin
Has anyone been driving the 1M consistently since it came out? Cause i remember pretty much hating it and the driving/feedback was awfull, and haven't touched it since.
But i just loaded it, and drove dozens of laps on Miseluk and Donni, and maybe it's my favorite car now (?).
Has anything changed, was there some physics patch to it? It drives just like a more powerfull, softier E30.. amazing stuff.
yeah I feel the same. It was one of the first cars I took around Joux Plane last year, and couldn't hardly make the hairpins with it. Nowadays I can take them sideways.

But I think its overall physic changes and not so much changes specific to that car.
Hey guys,

do you know any rather serious league in AC with GT class cars? Really looking forward for some serious racing. If not, maybe at least better events with not 1-3 laps? Thanks.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG